Fordmods Logo

Cam for eb xr6? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 14

Joined: 18th Jun 2010

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

hey guys am looking for a new cam for my xr. I have seen a lot of people using a 977b cam but i don't really know much about cams. Aha, everything else is good except for cams and stuff. So i was just looking at a Camtech CT006 845. But am unsure.

Heres the deal, i wanna give her some punch. No turbos, superchargers. Just NA, i was thinking Extractors intake exhaust cam and a tune. So, i know JMM does kits etc, but for 5-6k for 160/170 rwkw i mean, wouldn't it be cheaper getting and fitting our own brand of extractors, exhaust etc?. Or is this stuff really worth the money?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:20 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 251

Joined: 1st Jul 2006

Ride: EBII Fairmont 4.0 206rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Rodd-James wrote:
hey guys am looking for a new cam for my xr. I have seen a lot of people using a 977b cam but i don't really know much about cams. Aha, everything else is good except for cams and stuff. So i was just looking at a Camtech CT006 845. But am unsure.

Heres the deal, i wanna give her some punch. No turbos, superchargers. Just NA, i was thinking Extractors intake exhaust cam and a tune. So, i know JMM does kits etc, but for 5-6k for 160/170 rwkw i mean, wouldn't it be cheaper getting and fitting our own brand of extractors, exhaust etc?. Or is this stuff really worth the money?


If you want to make that kind've power, you'll need to spend that sort've money.

 

_________________

EBII Fairmont = 206rwkw
EL Fairmont = Daily

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:38 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 151

Joined: 1st Dec 2009

Ride: 93 eb2 falcon

Location: toowoomba
QLD, Australia

im running a wade 1673 cam, defilippo extractors, 2.5" redback exhaust, high flow cat and thats given my ebII a great kick in the a** all round. ive only doing 122rwkw (164.4rwhp) but ive got a J3 chip sitting here and im looking at a 3.45 diff with a complete dyno tune so im hoping to get afew more hp once im done!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 844

Joined: 12th Aug 2007

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Rodd-James wrote:
So, i know JMM does kits etc, but for 5-6k for 160/170 rwkw i mean, wouldn't it be cheaper getting and fitting our own brand of extractors, exhaust etc?. Or is this stuff really worth the money?

Yes, it will be cheaper....especially if you can do all the mechanical work yourself. You also have the option to add parts bit by bit rather than hand over all the cash at once. Have a look at the cam & head package from CMS, or Hoppers Express Cylinder Heads.

Use the Search function on here to find threads on exhausts, extractors, etc. They've been discussed quite often.

 

_________________

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:51 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 47

Posts: 346

Joined: 16th Jul 2007

Ride: EL Falcon

Power: 146 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Read below I've got 151rwkw & 425 rwnm
I have spent alot of money (lost count).
GOOD LUCK.

 

_________________

FORD EL 4.0L. Crow cam, T.I Performance J3 Chip, Vernier cam gear, CMS stage 3 head, 68mm TB, AU head gasket + ARP studs, AU injectors, Pacey 4480, High flow cat, Shift kit, Stallie, 3:73 TrueTrac.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:10 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 14

Joined: 18th Jun 2010

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I've got around 5 grand to play with. So i was thinking just cam, extractors exhaust tune and a diff put in *maybe 3.45, is it a bigger jump from 3.21 or whatever it is?*. CMS has a stage 3 head and cam with new valve springs etc i think it was for something like 2k. Extractors and exhaust would set me back what, 1 grand? I'm unsure of how much a chip and tune would cost me, i don't know whats out there.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 47

Posts: 346

Joined: 16th Jul 2007

Ride: EL Falcon

Power: 146 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

With 5k it will get you there ezy.
Speak to Joe at CMS he realy know's his stuff. :wink:

 

_________________

FORD EL 4.0L. Crow cam, T.I Performance J3 Chip, Vernier cam gear, CMS stage 3 head, 68mm TB, AU head gasket + ARP studs, AU injectors, Pacey 4480, High flow cat, Shift kit, Stallie, 3:73 TrueTrac.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:20 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 251

Joined: 1st Jul 2006

Ride: EBII Fairmont 4.0 206rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

ive spent abit over the years. Mines making about 180rwkw at the moment.

 

_________________

EBII Fairmont = 206rwkw
EL Fairmont = Daily

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:13 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 61

Joined: 13th Feb 2010

Ride: ED futura

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

wouldnt 5k see you a BA motor fitted, at CMS?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:05 am 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

5k will also get you a budget turbo set up... that should get you around 200rwkw+
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 708

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Liverpool
NSW, Australia

cuppas wrote:
wouldnt 5k see you a BA motor fitted, at CMS?



5k or there abouts will get you a BA engine fitted..!!!... we are just finishing of the ED wiring loom as we speak, the one thing that we are doing different to all other DOHC conversions is that we will be able to make the older 4 speed BTR boxes work with the BA loom as apart from some shops only doing them with manuals or using the BA box, so with ours regardless what gear box you already have we can make them work, another thing regarding the A/C set up we use the BA bracket with the BA compressor connected to your excisting system...

With a full spozts exhaust system & a good CAI tunned I can get 180+ rwkw with over 550nm of torque & the most important thing is that they will pass engineering incluiding IM240 test..

once the ED is finished & running with no issues with the Auto we will start to take deposits for these conversions......

any more info regarding these conversions email or pm me

thanks
Joe
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

AUXR8 2 wrote:
cuppas wrote:
wouldnt 5k see you a BA motor fitted, at CMS?



5k or there abouts will get you a BA engine fitted..!!!... we are just finishing of the ED wiring loom as we speak, the one thing that we are doing different to all other DOHC conversions is that we will be able to make the older 4 speed BTR boxes work with the BA loom as apart from some shops only doing them with manuals or using the BA box, so with ours regardless what gear box you already have we can make them work, another thing regarding the A/C set up we use the BA bracket with the BA compressor connected to your excisting system...

With a full spozts exhaust system & a good CAI tunned I can get 180+ rwkw with over 550nm of torque & the most important thing is that they will pass engineering incluiding IM240 test..

once the ED is finished & running with no issues with the Auto we will start to take deposits for these conversions......

any more info regarding these conversions email or pm me

thanks
Joe



Selling the conversion parts a a kit? Or only doing drive in drive out jobs?

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 708

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Liverpool
NSW, Australia

drive in drive out only at this stage..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:42 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 251

Joined: 1st Jul 2006

Ride: EBII Fairmont 4.0 206rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

You could get a BA turbo conversion done for about $6-7K.
Save abit more!

 

_________________

EBII Fairmont = 206rwkw
EL Fairmont = Daily

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cam for eb xr6?
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:48 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

:lol: :lol: just add 3 grand or so to that 6 or 7 g and you can pretty much buy a ba xr6t..
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:17 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names