Page 7 of 8 [ 108 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: cam for my set up???
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: el xr6, r33 series 2 skyline

Power: 149 rwkw

SA, Australia

i dident mean top speed either but if the cam doesnt kikc in soon enough then its like driving with out a cam untill it does kick in

the only problem with the stall is il be getting wheel spin everytime i take off at the lights becasue atm i already do not alot but if i build up the revs tos ay 1,500 and then flaw it off the brakes i do get wheel spin

and yes i know you cant have top speed with acceleration and u cant have power through out the whole rev range im not a retard like you clearly think i am

and like u said has to go together as a package exactly why im getting as many answers as i can

God made s**t, Holden put wheels on it

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

if you are looking for the best 0-100 time, then a T5 manual (conversion is a piece of piss) and keep your 3.45 lsd. Forget the auto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv5KRBAFcRA

1st & 2nd gear should wind out nicely to 100kph

Then could go further with bigger cam & headwork, custom tuning (chips) and expensive tyres for better launches

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

paulos wrote:
i dident mean top speed either but if the cam doesnt kikc in soon enough then its like driving with out a cam untill it does kick in

the only problem with the stall is il be getting wheel spin everytime i take off at the lights becasue atm i already do not alot but if i build up the revs tos ay 1,500 and then flaw it off the brakes i do get wheel spin

and yes i know you cant have top speed with acceleration and u cant have power through out the whole rev range im not a retard like you clearly think i am

and like u said has to go together as a package exactly why im getting as many answers as i can

i never said you're a retard mate, you're asking questions and we're giving answers...

how do you expect to go fast if you're worried about wheelspin?

you dont HAVE to floor it, if you can control the throttle there is no reason to be wheelspinning off the line.

its simple.
big cam in an auto you need a spool.
big cam in a manual you will need to rev the engine and use the clutch.

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

i cant drive manuel and dont really wonna learn by just putting one in my car and driving
altho incase i do change what price am i looking at?

yer pretty much im looking to keep up with a stock vy 5.7 gen 3 ( the one with 245kw)
i dunno if thats a big ask since there not infront of me by much mabye 3 cars length at 80 or so, altho i know 3 car lengths is a bit i still think its not to bad.

a stock vy 5.7 gen 3 get flat 14 on the quater so i figure if i can get a flat 14 also it would be bout the same since as we all know holdens have the good first gear but we catch up once they hit 60

do you think any one has tried putting one of the low boost superhcarger from the 3.8v6 holden on there ford for a bit of kick, would it even fit with out major work?

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

You want a quick 0-100, but are throwing away suggestions that will make it accelerate faster! BTW, I still beleive that with the limited work you have done that 150rwkw is very optimistic. Also, acceleration tests on street are not the same as a drag strip! was the person in the SS actually trying, or just toying with you?

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

http://www.camtechcams.com.au/ford_6cyl_eael.html

You're after something like the 842B - you will need a high stall though. Seeing as you're gettinf the headwork done you'll have fairly high compression and the required porting to make the most of the cam.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:11 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

what do you mean 150rwkw is optimistic?

no i asked them after we hit the next lights whats been done n they said its there work car so its completly stock. then he asked me the same thing coz he said he normaly cains the ford 6's so im pretty sure he gave it his all

and im yet to find someone thats toyed with me on the streets every either doesnt try at all n takes off slow or floors it, theres no inbetween, because i mainly come up against holdens they always wonna win so why toy around

and yer that cam seems a pretty good choice hopefully a stall wont cost to much since i wont be able to get one for a while.

apparently the head work doesnt raise compression all that much its more so as ppl were saying b4 get new pistions or deck the block so wether or not iwould have enough compression for that cam

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well if you take a few thou off the head you raise compression.
What motor do you currently have? Dunno if you've mentioned it yet.
I dunno what a stalls worth, I've only had manuals so taken no notice of auto stuff lol.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

you can get upto 10-11:1 comp with shaving the head i think, but it will mess with the quench of the engine as you are changing the shape of the chambers.
i've had 50thou taken off mine, but i've never been able to find the info needed for working out static comp (cylinder head chamber volume and piston dish volume was what i couldn't find)
a high stall will be something like $700-$1000 they can cost alot

XG Panelvan

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:45 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

i have a el xr6 engine not the hybrid tho
yer that is expensive for a high stall

i know a few people have tried the under driven balencer but from what i know it aminly only works well with the v8's does anyone have a balalncer instaled and found it was worth it on there 6 ???

when u got 50thou takend off did u have to do anything with the bottom end since thats a fair bit taken off it. apparently if i get to much taken off there will be a slapping noise when its cold and some other s**t says my dads m8?

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well, from a rough calculation, simply changing the gasket will up compression from 9.3 to 9.7 is the AU gasket is .025", or if it is .019 (conflicting info thru search), comp will be 9.85:1.
If you take 10thou off the head with the AU gasket at 25thou, you end up with 9.96:1, or if its 19thou, 10.12:1.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Timing chain slack is the noise he'd be talking about. 50 thou off is heaps with an AU gasket.. comp would be over 11:1??

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

shorter timing chains are available....1 link less....never done the math on how much u need to take off the head and deck to compensate for 1 less link but i imagine its a lot

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

can u changing the chain at all so there no slack with higher compression?
and as far as i know im getting the au gasket and 15thou off them head altho my tunner dident say exactly what he was doing so im just guessing about how muhc is being taken off also hes cleaning the ports

i thought are cars only had like 8,1 compression or something

is a compression of 10.12:1 really noticable since when u rasie compression the revs go up faster?? or what?

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i've got an eb engine, so i assume the comp would be roughly 10:1 or something due to the standard 8.5:1 (if i can recall?) compression compared to the EF and later which are higher
really have no idea. have tried to get the info required to calculate it but no one seems to know the stock volume of the cylinder head chambers...
i dont have an issue with slack either. the tensioner picked it up.
you just need to double check your cam timing n s**t when you put it all back together.

it is noticeable, but my bottom end is getting too tired for it to get the potential from the mild port work, higher comp and the cam that it has - not to mention the standard 3.08 gears lol

XG Panelvan

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 8  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next