cam kit for el 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: cam kit for el
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:05 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF, EL falcon, au futra

VIC, Australia

hey guys im looking at getting a CMS Stage 3 Head & cam package and it says that ISC & TPS mods are required,
can any one help me with this cause i don't know how or what to modify. all i know is its something to do with the throdle body
cheers :?

EL Falcon, sitting on sl king springs & 18" silver agents, pacemaker extractors with 2.5'' sports exhurst, nf fairlane interior, 5 speed manual with a 3.45 lsd and lots more rkw:
EF Falcon stock standard
ford au furtura the daily

Post subject: Re: cam kit for el
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:01 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

what it means is that the isc (idle speed controler) needs to be disconnected so it can idle without hunting(up/down) for idle, now once the isc is disconnected the idle speed needs to be turned up.
now the problem with turning the idle up is the tps (throttle position switch} now shows the ecu that your throttle is open/part throttle causing more idle issues.
so to overcome these issues the tps the screw holes need to be elongated so it can be adjusted back so the tps reads .7v this way the ecu will read the throttle is closed...

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:52 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
what it means is that the isc (idle speed controler) needs to be disconnected so it can idle without hunting(up/down) for idle, now once the isc is disconnected the idle speed needs to be turned up.
now the problem with turning the idle up is the tps (throttle position switch} now shows the ecu that your throttle is open/part throttle causing more idle issues.
so to overcome these issues the tps the screw holes need to be elongated so it can be adjusted back so the tps reads .7v this way the ecu will read the throttle is closed...

thanks very much man
im gunna get a chip tuned for the head, but i cant do it till i find a manual ecu witch i need so when the head goeson i can get it dyno'd and send them the reading so they can tune the chip to suit my setup :(

EL Falcon, sitting on sl king springs & 18" silver agents, pacemaker extractors with 2.5'' sports exhurst, nf fairlane interior, 5 speed manual with a 3.45 lsd and lots more rkw:
EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

If you're getting a chip made you can get it done so that a auto ecu becomes manual. No need to find a manual ecu, have a chat with the fella at T.I performance, forgot his name.

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:04 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon

VIC, Australia

I've got the CMS stage 3 head, but went with a 2A cam until I could afford a tune, should be sometime later this year. The 2A runs on a stock ECU, no mods required.

When you J3 chip the ECU, they can convert it to Manual. I would seriously think about getting the car actually tuned, not just sending away for a chip, especially if you have many other mods.

Most places will chip and tune E-series for under $1000, so if you going to go the effort and expense of the CMS stage 3, you may as well get the most out of it. Or go down the same road as me, 2A cam until you can afford a tune.

BTW thanks for that TROYMAN, I wasnt really sure what I needed to do when I upgrade to the Stage 3 cam, now I know! I've heard a lot of the hunting can be helped when you get it tuned, however in a manual I kind of like it so will probably just get them to leave it.

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:20 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

afaik the isc and tps mod it only really nessesary when running it on a std un modified ecu.. if you get a j3 and custom tune im pretty sure the hunting can be tuned out of it

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Ah okay then excellent, thats what I was hoping. It still hunts around a bit with the 2A in it, got a few mods though so not really sure why, it sounds okay though so I like it. But it might be a bit much with the bigger cam again in it. I would be a bit worried running a Stage 3 on a stock ECU

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

rainoffire wrote:
I've got the CMS stage 3 head, but went with a 2A cam until I could afford a tune, should be sometime later this year. The 2A runs on a stock ECU, no mods required.

When you J3 chip the ECU, they can convert it to Manual. I would seriously think about getting the car actually tuned, not just sending away for a chip, especially if you have many other mods.

Most places will chip and tune E-series for under $1000, so if you going to go the effort and expense of the CMS stage 3, you may as well get the most out of it. Or go down the same road as me, 2A cam until you can afford a tune.

BTW thanks for that TROYMAN, I wasnt really sure what I needed to do when I upgrade to the Stage 3 cam, now I know! I've heard a lot of the hunting can be helped when you get it tuned, however in a manual I kind of like it so will probably just get them to leave it.

yea but its gunna be manual for a while befor i put the head gose on it so i dnt want to get a j3 chip for just manual and have to get it redone for the head and not just that, from what i know its a very long drive to get it done cause im in bairnsdale area (eaST gippsland) and i dnt think there is any place that can do it down here -_-

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

would the ford joint have the stuff to do e series cars cause there old?

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:37 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Ah fair enough then, if i was you I would just do the wiring loom mod to make the auto computer think its in neutral until I had the head and cam, then get a J3-Manual and Tune. Or keep looking for a manual computer, problem is they still go for quite a bit. If you could find an manual XR6 computer and FPR that would set you up quite well for the head when you got it. Even without a tune I'm still impressed with how well it goes with the CMS gear on it. Tune would make a massive difference though.

When you stay stuff to do E-series, what do you mean? They wont be able to chip and tune it for you, and Fords parts are pretty expensive, if you can even still get the parts

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

rainoffire wrote:
Ah fair enough then, if i was you I would just do the wiring loom mod to make the auto computer think its in neutral until I had the head and cam, then get a J3-Manual and Tune. Or keep looking for a manual computer, problem is they still go for quite a bit. If you could find an manual XR6 computer and FPR that would set you up quite well for the head when you got it. Even without a tune I'm still impressed with how well it goes with the CMS gear on it. Tune would make a massive difference though.

When you stay stuff to do E-series, what do you mean? They wont be able to chip and tune it for you, and Fords parts are pretty expensive, if you can even still get the parts

oh ok well im not getting the manual any more got stuffed around so im gunna get a el manual car and take the covresion out of it and put it in my car that fould b easier

EF Falcon stock standard

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]