Fordmods Logo

Cam phasing on a au xr6 vct. 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Cam phasing on a au xr6 vct.
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 117

Joined: 3rd May 2006

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Hi Guys i was reading a article martin donnon wrote in zoom about how you can phase cam shafts on vct models to give either more low down or top end power apparantly ford set there cam timing to give optimal power down low as opposed to top end power.

The article went on to say by doing some sort of connection to the ecu with phasing the cam's an improvment of up to 15 rwkw can be made.

Can anyone give me some advise as to how to do this?And whats involed

Cheers mark.

Last edited by effalcon6 on Mon May 08, 2006 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:42 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3083

Joined: 22nd Sep 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

a link for this article would be really nice, i would like to see this

 

_________________

Image
latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Last edited by rushed on Sun May 07, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

it would cost more then the gains are worth.

you would have to spend quite some time on a dyno fine tunning it all.

if you were to do it, get a new bigger cam and play with settings on that.
the cost of the cam would only add about $350 dollars to the total but the gain would be far better.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: phasing cam shafts on a vct Au 6
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

effalcon6 wrote:
Hi Guys i was reading a article martin donnon wrote about how you can phase cam shafts on vct models to give either more low down or top end power apparntly ford set there cam timing to give optimal power down low as opposed to to end.

The article went on to say by doing some sort of connection to the ecu with phasing the cam's an improvment of up to 15 rwkw can be made.

Can anyone give me some advise as to how to do this and how much it will cost?.


Was this article for the AU VCT or the BA VCT?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:44 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 117

Joined: 3rd May 2006

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
it would cost more then the gains are worth.

you would have to spend quite some time on a dyno fine tunning it all.

if you were to do it, get a new bigger cam and play with settings on that.
the cost of the cam would only add about $350 dollars to the total but the gain would be far better.


Thats fine in terms of cost but how is it accually done?and has anyone on this site done this before.

My understanding was that the gains of 15 rwkw for around $300 is pretty good you would have to agree.

But your right i should go for a larger cam but this is not an option as the car is a company car which i will have for the next 2 years.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: phasing cam shafts on a vct Au 6
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:46 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 117

Joined: 3rd May 2006

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
effalcon6 wrote:
Hi Guys i was reading a article martin donnon wrote about how you can phase cam shafts on vct models to give either more low down or top end power apparntly ford set there cam timing to give optimal power down low as opposed to to end.

The article went on to say by doing some sort of connection to the ecu with phasing the cam's an improvment of up to 15 rwkw can be made.

Can anyone give me some advise as to how to do this and how much it will cost?.


Was this article for the AU VCT or the BA VCT?


The article was written for the AU VCT model but it could be applied to a BA VCT model as well.

It is not a well known mod from what i understand but you can gain up to 15 rwkw for under $350 dollars.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:49 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 117

Joined: 3rd May 2006

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

rushed wrote:
a link for this article would be really nice, i would like to see this


Yeah its unfortinate i havent got the article i think it was written in a zoom magazine form what i can remember.But its impressive gains considering the outlay of money for $350 i think.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:54 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names