Fordmods Logo

can you bore out and stroke a ba 6 cylinder engine??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: can you bore out and stroke a ba 6 cylinder engine???
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Do i think it's worth it. NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

perhaps every one now has an idea of why CMS have taken so long with there big capacity engines.[/quote]

well thats not entirely true, the test mule is still running around there still stuffing around with the auto ....s/hand s**t why ??? anyway we now have 3x 4.5 ltrs under way & one will be picked up in 2 weeks the others are pending money, they are all as a stage 3 with either the stage 3 cam or the stage 2a cam if its an auto, as I mention months ago the 4.8 is on hold due to finance & that was because I used most of the money relocating the workshop

any small amount of cubes gained is better than nothing !! if you can get an E series to have the same power or close as a B series with out going bigger cams & making it undrivealbe wouldnt that be a plus ?? & for the same cost of a good N/A rebuild, the i6 sohc has supriesed me with what we've been able to do with them & shore everbody knows that once you strap a hair drier on them they yeild great power but thats easly......I ohnestly beleave that there is still more in these girls & getting that 200rwkw seams very doable & still running the factory ECC........s**t years ago I built an engine for a guy I only pulled 158rwkw but it touched 600nm with the factory ecu & (no j3) first night at wsid first run 14.00 second, had a 327:1 diff ??, 5 speed with rev cut at 5500rpm ran second run snaped an axle & busted the engine mount, have many dyno runs logged...all with the factory gear, extruded ED log & a 68mm t/b

So IMO I dont think its a waisted cause as a engine builder watching these sohc i6 smash its compertision makes me put a smile on my face

Joe

Last edited by AUXR8 2 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:10 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Thats not the motor in the Green EL is it Joe :P

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yep..............

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:14 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Awsome , almost Ready for a come back soon :D

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:11 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Good to see you've got some more test mules out there Joe.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

AUXR8 2 wrote:
Do i think it's worth it. NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

perhaps every one now has an idea of why CMS have taken so long with there big capacity engines.

well thats not entirely true, the test mule is still running around there still stuffing around with the auto ....s/hand s**t why ??? anyway we now have 3x 4.5 ltrs under way & one will be picked up in 2 weeks the others are pending money, they are all as a stage 3 with either the stage 3 cam or the stage 2a cam if its an auto, as I mention months ago the 4.8 is on hold due to finance & that was because I used most of the money relocating the workshop

any small amount of cubes gained is better than nothing !! if you can get an E series to have the same power or close as a B series with out going bigger cams & making it undrivealbe wouldnt that be a plus ?? & for the same cost of a good N/A rebuild, the i6 sohc has supriesed me with what we've been able to do with them & shore everbody knows that once you strap a hair drier on them they yeild great power but thats easly......I ohnestly beleave that there is still more in these girls & getting that 200rwkw seams very doable & still running the factory ECC........s**t years ago I built an engine for a guy I only pulled 158rwkw but it touched 600nm with the factory ecu & (no j3) first night at wsid first run 14.00 second, had a 327:1 diff ??, 5 speed with rev cut at 5500rpm ran second run snaped an axle & busted the engine mount, have many dyno runs logged...all with the factory gear, extruded ED log & a 68mm t/b

So IMO I dont think its a waisted cause as a engine builder watching these sohc i6 smash its compertision makes me put a smile on my face

Joe[/quote]

I think you've taken my post the wrong way.

My point was there is to much work and cost involved to make it worth while for the average person to attempt it as a one off. More so if the person needs to ask the question on a forum.

As i was only pointing out that there are currently no I6 specific "kits" available. And the only way to do it is mixing and matching of parts or custom stuff.
I haven't been through the exercise of sonic checking blocks and or putting them through a band saw to find what sort of cylinder wall we have to play with ( and anyone that does know isn't willing to share), so i was only really guessing with the modular 94mm piston, as it has very close to the right compression hight and has a pin size that would work with after market BA rods.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
I think you've taken my post the wrong way.

My point was there is to much work and cost involved to make it worth while for the average person to attempt it as a one off. More so if the person needs to ask the question on a forum.

As i was only pointing out that there are currently no I6 specific "kits" available. And the only way to do it is mixing and matching of parts or custom stuff.
I haven't been through the exercise of sonic checking blocks and or putting them through a band saw to find what sort of cylinder wall we have to play with ( and anyone that does know isn't willing to share), so i was only really guessing with the modular 94mm piston, as it has very close to the right compression hight and has a pin size that would work with after market BA rods.

I see what you mean....... & yes its not for the average DIY so to speak, as for mixing & matching the piston & rod combo for the 4.5 ltr or the 4.8 ltr.......... yep !!
But I will make these engine affordable if they want to go down the N/A path & they will only be sold as a long motor no kits.....

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2