Fordmods Logo

Car being considered for my brother. 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Car being considered for my brother.
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Hey guys, through a friend my parents have found a 1990 S-pac with 94 000km for $2500. Is that a good deal and what is difference between a S-pac compared to standard falcon?

Anything to look out for? Any common problems for this car?

Thanks.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:54 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 2245

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA XR6T

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

s pak sat between the base gl and high fairmont. similar to the later futura, but with a "sporty" theme. had snowflake alloys, body coloured bumpers, better instruments which included a tacho. the big plus was that it came with the multipoint engine. tho i think it could also be had without it, but most ive seen have had it.
probably has a few other bits and pieces over the gl, like different trim and stuff.
i dont know whether its a good deal or not. done very low kays which is good, does it have its service history. and is the general condition really good? at the end of the day its still a 16yo car.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Mash85 wrote:
s pak sat between the base gl and high fairmont. similar to the later futura, but with a "sporty" theme. had snowflake alloys, body coloured bumpers, better instruments which included a tacho. the big plus was that it came with the multipoint engine. tho i think it could also be had without it, but most ive seen have had it.
probably has a few other bits and pieces over the gl, like different trim and stuff.
i dont know whether its a good deal or not. done very low kays which is good, does it have its service history. and is the general condition really good? at the end of the day its still a 16yo car.


Snowflakes eh, sweet, lol.

Well it has one owner, middle aged lady. Always garaged, apparantly babied.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:56 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

Yeah better seats, tacho dash, Map and courtesy lights, might have a clock if your lucky....lol

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Sweet, it's like a light blue or something too. My bro doesn't have his P's yet either I think, so I'll drive it around maybe, hehe.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

I'd be questioning 94,000 on a 16 year old car!

My 1990 EA 'S' Pac had

3.9MPFI, Electric Mirrors, Sports instruments, S-pac seat trim, 15" Snowflakes, Red exterior strips, Tibbe Locks.

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

The k's ain't a worry mate. My uncle knows these people and she just didn't drive it much is all.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

madmax wrote:
I'd be questioning 94,000 on a 16 year old car!

My 1990 EA 'S' Pac had

3.9MPFI, Electric Mirrors, Sports instruments, S-pac seat trim, 15" Snowflakes, Red exterior strips, Tibbe Locks.


Agreed. For an EA S, that's absurdely low...doesn't mean it's not legit though...

If it's a manual, that would be a fantastic buy!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

downingj wrote:
madmax wrote:
I'd be questioning 94,000 on a 16 year old car!

My 1990 EA 'S' Pac had

3.9MPFI, Electric Mirrors, Sports instruments, S-pac seat trim, 15" Snowflakes, Red exterior strips, Tibbe Locks.


Agreed. For an EA S, that's absurdely low...doesn't mean it's not legit though...

If it's a manual, that would be a fantastic buy!


Auto mate. For the best though as my brother is only going for his auto license, lol.

Shame not a manaul, would be good to have a manual to play with that is more potent then my mum's Barina, lol. Though I did get it to do some sort of front wheel burn out yesterday, lol.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
madmax wrote:
I'd be questioning 94,000 on a 16 year old car!

My 1990 EA 'S' Pac had

3.9MPFI, Electric Mirrors, Sports instruments, S-pac seat trim, 15" Snowflakes, Red exterior strips, Tibbe Locks.


Agreed. For an EA S, that's absurdely low...doesn't mean it's not legit though...

If it's a manual, that would be a fantastic buy!


Yes it could be legit, very rare though.
Things to check if its real, wear on steering wheel, seats, drivers arm rests, scuff plates, centre console lid etc.

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 52

Posts: 4370

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

Location: Karratha
WA, Australia

I would be suss about the "babying " bit, if it never reached operating temp, and was driven to church on Sundays, have a look through the oil cap on top, maybe heaps of sludge etc. Also all suspension rubbers etc, maybe buggered, as has been said, its a 16 yr old car. Check the colour of the tranny fluid, and the biggest, check the coolant, has the head been off? if not it may be due shortly. This is worst case scenario.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:03 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names