Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Car Not Starting
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

I did a manual conversion on the weekend to my EB 3.9 MPFI Non-Smartlock S Pak and everything is sweet but the car will not start for me this is what we have done.

Pulled out TCM module.....
removed Auto Loom and put the loom in with the neutral switch and reverse switch..... (ala voxace's guide)
Car not starting now the starter motor was sat on the sway bar for a few minutes while my dad and i grabbed a drink and then it fell to the ground could of this f**k it??????

As far as i know i have did everything right on my previous post someone said about shorting the neutral safety switch would he be refering to the inhibior switch as the neutral is wired and pluged into the T5..

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bump

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

take more than a a few inch fall to f**k a starter motor, look to see if you have blown a fuse, as well as go over the loom to see that you havent left a connector off.

BANNED

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I have not blown a fuse and it is a nonsmartlock so a fuse wouln't stop the car from starting as stated i did a manual conversion

I.E http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

I followed the wiring instructions from voxace's guide but mine is a EB and his was an EF..... any way people say and talk about shorting out the inhibtior switch how does one do this???? if not would a manual ECU help this...........

Come on Guys i am sure people have done the manual conversion before on a Boxcar... ala EA EB ED........................

help i need my car and it is pretty f**k useless at the moment

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

try shorting the inhibitor switch. You wont need it in the manual

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok cool the queastion is what wires are the ones for the inhi switch ones??? the purple ones that would connect onto the other side of the olf auto inhibitor switch

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

there should be 4 wires. 2 for the starter and 2 for the reverse lights. Use a test light, with the ignition on, check to see what wire has power. This is one of the reverse lights. The other matching one will go to the lights themselves.(usually is a red with black trace) Connect these two to the reverse switch. The other 2 should be the starter wires, check, by using the test light, while someone tries to start the car check there is power going to one of the wires. Bridge these two wires and the car should crank

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

you using auto or manual ecu, does it wiond over and not start or not wind over at all , cause for a starter to operate it must have constant voltage( the big fat wire) and earth , and switchable power source from ignition to starter relay then from relay to soliniod hope this helps a bit

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I am using Auto ECU and that the car is acting like it is in gear like auto wise.. nothing,,,, it mustn't bee the starter as i have nothing i just tried putting resistors on the round plug and nothing people talk about shorting the inhibitor switch are they refering to the purple wires the would plug the back of the auto inhibitor switch as i cut the other loom and made two plugs one for the reverse and the neutral switch ontop of the gearbox.....

as i said how does one "short" the inhibtor

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AUII Fairmont

WA, Australia

Turn the key to "On"
Remove the starter solenoid relay and use a piece of wire to short out the two contacts that operate the starter solenoid. The starter motor should turn. If it doesn't then the starter, starter solenoid, or wiring is stuffed.

This isn't shorting out the inhibitor switch, this is bypassing it all together.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TwistedEL wrote:
Turn the key to "On"
Remove the starter solenoid relay and use a piece of wire to short out the two contacts that operate the starter solenoid. The starter motor should turn. If it doesn't then the starter, starter solenoid, or wiring is stuffed.

This isn't shorting out the inhibitor switch, this is bypassing it all together.

what number pin would they be 86/87/85/84 cause i just snipped the two orange and black wires coming down from pin 86 as the old ford-tech guide states

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AUII Fairmont

WA, Australia

Froudey wrote:
TwistedEL wrote:
Turn the key to "On"

what number pin would they be 86/87/85/84 cause i just snipped the two orange and black wires coming down from pin 86 as the old ford-tech guide states

Pins 87 and 30 in this diagram

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

get ur test light, hold the key to start, find the wire that has power, release key, make sure light goes off. this is the wire form the Ign switch. The same color wire sld be going to the starter, join the two and car will crank

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

the inhibitor switch wld of been the 4 pin rectangle plug, this is both starter and reverse lights. The starter doesnt run thru the round plug that goes into the box

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

macxr8 wrote:
get ur test light, hold the key to start, find the wire that has power, release key, make sure light goes off. this is the wire form the Ign switch. The same color wire sld be going to the starter, join the two and car will crank

so if the wire i find will activate the starter and thus f**k off the inhibitor type of situation.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next