Fordmods Logo

Car Running rich 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

thats bullshyte, i own an outdated ecu controlled vehicle by comparison to yours and i bet my left nut it's less responsive to mods than yours.

the only difference between the two ecu's is torque 'control' (lol), emmisions and a knock sensor, and mine has never detonated in it's life.

which in THEORY will only make the el more resposive to timing advance etc.

it will always be easier to get more power out of an el than an ea.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

and regaurdless of make or model its pretty linear how much power you can get from so much fuel, it has a combustion limit, fuel is fuel and can make 'a' power at 'b' temp' and 'c' compression regardless of engine, the only deifference being torque.

the bottom line i was stressing is that if it's not an efficient burn, it's not an effieient car which means it's not developing peak power per litre.

and again in regards to ecu flexability, early model ecus were designed with a narrow band of usability, the newer they get the more responsive they are, the more parameters are written in and more compensative tunes are integrated.

hence why you can blow a standard twin cam to twice the power of a single cam with the same ecu.

co-incidence ? i think not.

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: AUIII XR6 HP

Power: 137 rwkw

NSW, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
and regaurdless of make or model its pretty linear how much power you can get from so much fuel, it has a combustion limit, fuel is fuel and can make 'a' power at 'b' temp' and 'c' compression regardless of engine, the only deifference being torque.

the bottom line i was stressing is that if it's not an efficient burn, it's not an effieient car which means it's not developing peak power per litre.

and again in regards to ecu flexability, early model ecus were designed with a narrow band of usability, the newer they get the more responsive they are, the more parameters are written in and more compensative tunes are integrated.

hence why you can blow a standard twin cam to twice the power of a single cam with the same ecu.

co-incidence ? i think not.
If you have problems with amatuers on here asking 'what they call' a viable question, why waste your time responding and prevoking arguements? Its true some people ask stupid questions, possibly even myself, however this site isn't an ego fight its a tool for people sharing the same love. A stupid question deserves a stupid answer, not a war. If you dont like it, butt out i say, and leave it to others to help the less knowledgeable in an appropriate manner.

PACEMAKER 4480, SS H/F CAT, 2.5" REDBACK, INTAKE PIPING, K&N PANEL, PIONEER TV

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

BAM

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

A stupid question deserves a stupid answer, not a war.

thats the most intelligent thing i've heard you say. i can't start a war over the internet i'm sorry. but i can deter people from making stupid posts when they could already be answered by searching.

not to mention simple physics. i'm sure you could find another site about increasing fuel consumption for no gainsinstead of this one. this one is ford specific, you could find info about using more fuel for the same power gains anywhere on the net, it's a big place, with much more info than whats posted here about general mechanics, this site is for ford specific operation not amatuer mechanics that don't even grasp the simple mechanics of a four stroke engine.

this website isn't called fords for softc0ck amatuers, if it was i wouldn't be here. it just makes it hard searching for decent relevant information when theres so much bullshyte logged into to the site.

this site is for positive ford modifications, not "i'm a complete n00bie can you tell me how to get 500hp from my stockasarock ea falcon" or "my cfi falcon isn't going fast enough how do i get it going faster"

fordforums id startin to overtake these forums because your to caught up with member numbers than help.

if i get banned i'll be back. i just hope i don't have to read thru so much shyte that i fall asleep before i fix my problem.

this whole arguement started because your seeking information that comes standard to anyone whos familiar with tuning an internal combustion engine wether it be a .15cc nitro engine to a ford 9000 truck. the same principles apply, mixtures have to be right, tuning has to be integral and mods have to improve performance not reduce.

not rocket science.......

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
A stupid question deserves a stupid answer, not a war.

thats the most intelligent thing i've heard you say. i can't start a war over the internet i'm sorry. but i can deter people from making stupid posts when they could already be answered by searching.

not to mention simple physics. i'm sure you could find another site about increasing fuel consumption for no gainsinstead of this one. this one is ford specific, you could find info about using more fuel for the same power gains anywhere on the net, it's a big place, with much more info than whats posted here about general mechanics, this site is for ford specific operation not amatuer mechanics that don't even grasp the simple mechanics of a four stroke engine.

this website isn't called fords for softc0ck amatuers, if it was i wouldn't be here. it just makes it hard searching for decent relevant information when theres so much bullshyte logged into to the site.

this site is for positive ford modifications, not "i'm a complete n00bie can you tell me how to get 500hp from my stockasarock ea falcon" or "my cfi falcon isn't going fast enough how do i get it going faster"

fordforums id startin to overtake these forums because your to caught up with member numbers than help.

if i get banned i'll be back. i just hope i don't have to read thru so much shyte that i fall asleep before i fix my problem.

this whole arguement started because your seeking information that comes standard to anyone whos familiar with tuning an internal combustion engine wether it be a .15cc nitro engine to a ford 9000 truck. the same principles apply, mixtures have to be right, tuning has to be integral and mods have to improve performance not reduce.

not rocket science.......
I do agree. Sometimes the arguements on here are a good laugh, however i once knew nothing about cars, like some members on here, and if i asked a stupid question, the last thing id want would be someone putting me down for it. The 600hp for $10 posts are annoying (unless its possible?), i just think they should be left alone rather than attacked. BTw I JUST INSTALLED A 12" WOOFER. What will my 1/4 mile time be if my cars silver and the woofer runs off 2 x bridged channels?

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lol ok tou che. opinion agreed.

it just gives me the shytes thats all.

p.s. the sub weight plus the amp plus the square root of the head deck power output divided by the root mean square of the speakers doubled by the capacity of the battery divided by the voltage drop over the length of the wires multiplied by the amplifiers power divided by the number of speakers = .o85468 kw loss lol

gutfull of piss = fighting power lol

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Damn i was hoping for 8's.....

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2