Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
shonky12 wrote:
is it illegal to tow car trailers with standard 6 cyl cars and will you get away with it or will you get caught oneday
ok, so put a K&N filter in and tell the cops its now a modified 6cyl..

seriously tow laws in SA suck..

NSW has clear guidelines on the RTA website as to what the formula is for tow weights.. most car trailers will be braked, I used to drag a v12 jag and trailer round being my EL, no issues noever even got looked at sideways by coppers..

(we now have a patrol to drag the race car round cause this one costs a fiar bit more and we want to be safe as possible)

as if its illegal to tow car trailers with 6 cyl cars in SA! i do it all the time, past cops and everything and they dont do nothing..

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

NSW, Australia

Shonky12,
If it's a proper car trailer with brakes fitted [as with hire trailers] it can be legally towed by a properly licensed driver in every state as far as I'm aware.
Last week, with an EB2 Fairmont on a car trailer, towed by an EB2 GLI [with tow pack], I was surrounded by Highway Patrol cars at a Maccas next to a Police Station.
I watched them all look at the accident damage to the 'Mont and they watched me drive away. NSW Highway Patrol are so 'keen' for bookings, that if there was the slightest problem I am sure they would have had me.
Further down the Freeway two of the HP cars passed me without a second glance.
This was easily the 10th car I have towed behind the EB, some interstate. It's OK, I can't make it any clearer can I?
Paul

What goes around, comes around.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:14 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

alfy wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
shonky12 wrote:
is it illegal to tow car trailers with standard 6 cyl cars and will you get away with it or will you get caught oneday
ok, so put a K&N filter in and tell the cops its now a modified 6cyl..

seriously tow laws in SA suck..

NSW has clear guidelines on the RTA website as to what the formula is for tow weights.. most car trailers will be braked, I used to drag a v12 jag and trailer round being my EL, no issues noever even got looked at sideways by coppers..

(we now have a patrol to drag the race car round cause this one costs a fiar bit more and we want to be safe as possible)

as if its illegal to tow car trailers with 6 cyl cars in SA! i do it all the time, past cops and everything and they dont do nothing..

I made the comment of it being a stupid law, I do not live in SA, I was taking advise from a resident who felt they knew the answer. clearly not in this case.

Get a NIKE trailer.. Just tow IT. haha.. Lame

I have a car.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2