Fordmods Logo

Car WILL NOT START!!!!!!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Quote:
dont rely 100% on voxace's guide and when i did my eb the wires were completely different colors (voxace's guide was for an EF remember). THe best way is to look at the workshop manual and work out the wire colours etc from there - go buy one from supercheap for $30.

Yeah dude i have a workshop manual and that if the starter don't work i may have to get underneath and find a red blue wire and connect that to the starter as the wiring diagram for the EA says it red blue but on my sisters and mothers CPI EA they have a reddy pink wire to the starter (autos) so maybe i have just simply f**k up.... i tell ya as soon as i get the car going and taken for a drive i will vent my idiocy and angry ness on some poor defenceless bichumen lol

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1990 EA Spac

NSW, Australia

Froudey, just where are you in NSW

Drive safe, arrive alive

EA Spak EL dash and interior, thermo's,BBM, EF head and cam, superlows,

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dubbo NSW central West

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

OK a little further away than I thought.

Drive safe, arrive alive

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok ok read the gregorys manual and it says that the starter relay to the starter motor is red blue...

there is a red blue wire in that plugs that i made to go onto the neutral safty switch so if i plug that red and blue wire onto the starter soloenoid the car should start hey as the workshop manual has a diagram of it......

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

QLD, Australia

Froudey wrote:
ok ok read the gregorys manual and it says that the starter relay to the starter motor is red blue...

there is a red blue wire in that plugs that i made to go onto the neutral safty switch so if i plug that red and blue wire onto the starter soloenoid the car should start hey as the workshop manual has a diagram of it......

yeh i suppose it should dude but have you tried bridging the starter relay yet? you should do that first before you do anything else. all you need is a little bit of wire to go from terminal 87 to 30. dont worry about changing anything else till you've done that.

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bluecube wrote:
Froudey wrote:

yeh i suppose it should dude but have you tried bridging the starter relay yet? you should do that first before you do anything else. all you need is a little bit of wire to go from terminal 87 to 30. dont worry about changing anything else till you've done that.

nah the car is out parents place 30kms away and by the time i get home from work it is like 6 ish give or take

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok I Brided the Starter Motor Relay ....... Nothing I reconnected the orange and black wires...... Nothing.

I am outta ideas........ unless a get the old inhibitor switch of the auto that plug into the loom and try to start it and if it does i will just tape and cable tye the f**k thing up outta sight....

If it doesn't I will try dads Manual ECU and if that doesn't work the starter might be f**k...

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Also I got a small peice of wire and connected it to the wires that go onto the neutral switch(bridged them)..... nothing

To ReCap......
Bridged the Starter Relay 87 & 30 ......... Nothing
Bridged the Neutral Switch ......... Nothing
Checked Wiring ......... Nothing
Resistor Trick ......... Nothing

The only thing i can think of now is the starter is f**k or i still don't have the wiring right.......

Oh the Starter Relay clicks as i turn the Key to start does this help or hurt anythig. Cheers

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

check you have battery voltage at either pins 87 or 30. The fact the relay is clicking is good news. Once the relay clicks it should bridge the contacts between 87 & 30, sending power to the starter motor.

Another thing to try is work out which terminal goes to the starter, ie 87 or 30, then use a piece of wire from the battery to this and the starter should work

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Once the relay clicks it should bridge the contacts between 87 & 30, sending power to the starter motor.

Another thing to try is work out which terminal goes to the starter, ie 87 or 30, then use a piece of wire from the battery to this and the starter should work

I think my starter is dead cause i got the old auto inhibtor switch and plugged that in and nothing..... yeah it clicks and that.... tomorrow morning i will put a female plug on some wire and then to the starter to the battery it will go.....

i assume if this don't work my starter is f**k as i said before the starter did drop from the sway bar (car was sitting up on the ramps roughly 50cm high) so maybe it hit and busted the solenoid or something

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I told you to do that in the second post. If your read things and then followed the suggestions you would probably be driving around by now.
You start at one end of the trail and work backwards, very simple and very effective. Jumping all over the place hoping that you will strike it rich is the most frustrating and long winded way of finding a fault.
To come back here and find that you are no further along the track and that you have not tried the basic things is frustrating. Calmness and logic are what finds the problem. Nearly all the info you have been given is very valuable but you must be methodical.

Drive safe, arrive alive

Post subject: Re: ??
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

falconea wrote:
OK a few things to try. Use a screwdriver to short the terminals on the starter solenoid to see if the starter motor actually turns the motor.
If ok then get a peice of wire and run it from the battery + to the small terminal on the starter solenoid. If the starter engages then you have to look back further. Turn the ign on and have someone under the bonnet listen to see if they can hear a relay click when you turn the key to start position.
If yes you might have a blown fuse if no then the relay may be faulty or the circuit is not made due to the circuit going through the switch that was on the auto box. If thats the case you will have to short the 2 wires needed to make the circuit. Now really you need someone who has some electrical background and a multimeter......you also need someone with a calm head and not loosing thier temper because you will make mistakes and overlook simple things. You will also need a circuit of the starter circuit. If you cannot get one PM me and give me an email address and I will send you one, also letme know what car you have ,I think its an EB.
See how you go and keep cool, it will all come out in the wash and I bet its something very simple.
Hope this helps.

:roll: :roll: LOL should of read it thoughly........................... it was a bit hard to try things when the car is out parents place out of town........

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hope you get it worked out this weekend.
cheers

Drive safe, arrive alive

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

DON'T I FEEL DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i forgot to connect the loom near the back of the manifold and she fired up f**k cheering........ bit embassed but cheering

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next