Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Car wouldn't start
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:38 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

WA, Australia

Hello all

I didn't know whether to post here or forced induction area but here goes.
Pulled into the BP servo today, filled up the car, when I came back to start it I got nothing.
The stereo & windows everything worked but I couldn't get anything on the dash like the temp and petrol guage, or even the other little lights like oil etc. Also the little red light thats right near the key ignition was blinking non stop.
I ended up having to get out of the car, locking it and leaving it for a minute then unlocking and then all of a sudden it was alright, it would start up( I did leave the car unlocked while paying for petrol). Even the brakes were feeling stiff before hand, it wouldn't depress

Anyone got any ideas of what this is or if they've had this problem before, cars an '03 XR6T
Cheers

BA XR6 Turbo

Xtreme Tuned
240.1 rwkw at 12 PSI

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Its probably the smart shield or what ever its called on them not disengaging properly and therefore locking the whole system and thus cannot start the car...thats just my guess anyway

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Post subject: Re: Car wouldn't start
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

FordZombie wrote:
Hello all

I didn't know whether to post here or forced induction area but here goes.
Pulled into the BP servo today, filled up the car, when I came back to start it I got nothing.
The stereo & windows everything worked but I couldn't get anything on the dash like the temp and petrol guage, or even the other little lights like oil etc. Also the little red light thats right near the key ignition was blinking non stop.
I ended up having to get out of the car, locking it and leaving it for a minute then unlocking and then all of a sudden it was alright, it would start up( I did leave the car unlocked while paying for petrol). Even the brakes were feeling stiff before hand, it wouldn't depress

Anyone got any ideas of what this is or if they've had this problem before, cars an '03 XR6T
Cheers

your car is immobilised, you can bypass it by leaving the key in the on postion for 45 mins IIRC. It could be either a faulty ingition barrel or BCM. Just take it to ford, they will plug all there diagnostic s**t into it. Is it still under waranty?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

WA, Australia

yeah its just under warranty still. I've got booked to go in on friday so I'll see what they say

BA XR6 Turbo

Xtreme Tuned
240.1 rwkw at 12 PSI

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]