Fordmods Logo

cat back exhaust- illegal 

Page 3 of 5 [ 62 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

i have the cat and main muffler and thats it,,never been bothered by anyone....

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

The best of having a pre ADR vehicle I have been pulled up in my HO and when the law sees that I have the ORIGINAL GTHO system from ford they can not say anything even though it is above 88db :roll: :P :P

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AUII Ghia 75th LE, KF 1.8S 5spd

VIC, Australia

So has anyone ran just the main muffler with no res?i was thinkin about it as my car is so quiet at the moment and i want it to sound tough. i reckon 2.5" all the way, ill do the cat and extractors later.do you think its too much???

THE Fairmont Ghia : 75th Anniversary LE
Current Mods - 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Built Gearbox( Mirror Polished Casing+Bellhousing,TCE 2500 custom convertor, Modified Valve Body), Detailed UnderCarriage, SQ Stereo Install = 136+rwkw
http://www.aufalcon.com.au/sikford

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

if you read my post you will notice i only have the main muffler and cat..so it will be ok...

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AUII Ghia 75th LE, KF 1.8S 5spd

VIC, Australia

its not too loud?

THE Fairmont Ghia : 75th Anniversary LE
Current Mods - 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Built Gearbox( Mirror Polished Casing+Bellhousing,TCE 2500 custom convertor, Modified Valve Body), Detailed UnderCarriage, SQ Stereo Install = 136+rwkw
http://www.aufalcon.com.au/sikford

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

nope,,don't drone either

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

i only have one muffler as well, in a manual it drones a bit though... sounds great :), p.s. im over legal limit but dont get any trouble anymore.

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Mines a 2.5 cat back with pacies, sounds almost like a lump 8 @ idle and has an awesome rasp when u get above 2500rpm. Only problem is its way over the limit as my epa notice suggests.......

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

harley's are an exception because the sound made by a harley's V-Twin is part of their 'trademark' so that makes them an exception.

the distinct harley sound isnt a harley sound its a V-twin sound

ever noticed how a ducati sounds so nice n tough? take the mufflers off and it wont sound to different from a harley except it will rev a bit quicker.....n leave a harley for dead mind you.

my little carolla has extractors cat then 2inch pipe and cannon at the end.....its loud as f**k and way way way over the legal limit yet iv had no trouble with it just dont b loud when u shouldnt....

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

GTBob wrote:
The best of having a pre ADR vehicle I have been pulled up in my HO and when the law sees that I have the ORIGINAL GTHO system from ford they can not say anything even though it is above 88db :roll: :P :P

i actually think i hate you....

jks...i would sell both kidneys, my liver and one testicle for one of those....ok maybe even both testicles...and i still wouldnt have enough money :(

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Big Kev wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
Iv been pulled over for mine before. I gave it a bit at the lights and they pulled me over they tested it by telling me to keep my revs @2000 and leave it there while they tested it. It wasn't over the limit which was good. I have 2.5inch with straight through muffler and a hotdog on the end.

Your lucky dude cause their suppose to have u hold the revs at 2800rpm... :) even tho u still may/may not have had to worry still

Yeah i reckon my car would pass those tests then, cause even though its loud as f**k, the 'bark' and drone dissapears at higher revs.

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 158 rwkw

When my bro owned my car he got done in clunes!
He was heard coming into town and the cop pulled him over and canaryed him! In order for him to get it lifted he had to get the test done to make sure it was ok!

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
Iv been pulled over for mine before. I gave it a bit at the lights and they pulled me over they tested it by telling me to keep my revs @2000 and leave it there while they tested it. It wasn't over the limit which was good. I have 2.5inch with straight through muffler and a hotdog on the end.

Your lucky dude cause their suppose to have u hold the revs at 2800rpm... :) even tho u still may/may not have had to worry still

Yeah i reckon my car would pass those tests then, cause even though its loud as f**k, the 'bark' and drone dissapears at higher revs.

Yeah i thought they would of tested it alot higher then wat they did because the car isn't very loud at that rpm, past 3500 its very very loud.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:

Do u kno if thats the same for vic????

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:19 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XC 1/2 Fairmont Wagon

NSW, Australia

RockfordFosgate wrote:
harley's are an exception because the sound made by a harley's V-Twin is part of their 'trademark' so that makes them an exception.

the distinct harley sound isnt a harley sound its a V-twin sound

ever noticed how a ducati sounds so nice n tough? take the mufflers off and it wont sound to different from a harley except it will rev a bit quicker.....n leave a harley for dead mind you.

It is harley's trade mark yes, and yes it is a V-twin sound, but ducatis aren't a 'true' v-twin because they have a twin pin crank, so will sound different. The beating sound is quicker and more even. The single pin crank and 45 degree V angle is what makes Harleys sound the way they do, it's the uneven firing. The only other bikes now with single pin crank v-twins are japanese harley rip-offs, which is why they sound like harleys.

Ragvaror wrote:
Our modded cars Vs Harley's have nothing to do with it. Its partly that the harley exhaust is like that Factory, and has obviously passed australian standards at some point, even if thats different to each state's individual laws. Our beloved 2.5 sports exhausts are just that, and aftermarket sports upgrade, hence why we get targeted more harshly by the boys in blue.

The other part is the majority of cops dont have the balls to pull over a bikie :P

Harley's aren't actually loud from the factory. My father has owned Harleys for a long time now and when he got his latest one in 1998, it was so quiet, it sounded like a bmw bike. you could actually hear the engine rather than the exhaust. It's just that everyone with a harley puts different mufflers on, or goes for a straight through setup, which is very loud (and illegal), and probably what a lot of people mistake for stock. I do believe though that that makes it safer to ride as well, when you hear a bike, you know it's there.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next