Fordmods Logo

Changing brushes in Mitsubishi alternator 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Changing brushes in Mitsubishi alternator
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

How difficult is it to change brushes in an EB mitsubishi alternator? Anyone done this or had it done? It looks harder to do than for a bosch unit, and I am looking for a spare at the moment. Thanks for replies.

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EBII Falcon GLi

WA, Australia

G'day mate, I know you have to completely disassemble the alternator to get to the brushes inside but I can't remember exactly how to remove the brushes once inside ( I think they come out by a combination of phillips screws and desoldering ).I DO know that it was difficult to get the thing back together, I had to drill a very small hole at the rear of the casing to hold the brushes down whilst slipping the rotor assembly back in with a small diameter stiff piece of wire. An alternative ( ha, ha ) is the Bosch alternator ( ampere rating stamped onto casing body ) which is made in Australia, comes on EA's ( not sure which ones but I got a 85 amp one off of a EA S pack 4 speed auto ) and has a removable regulator body which comes out without having to break down the whole alternator.

EBII GLi sedan 4.0 MPEFI, high series head unit, C**k green, ABS, EB sedan 4.0 MPEFI, red, stock

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]