Page 6 of 7 [ 93 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

noisuf wrote:
BADNWS wrote:
Thats ok mate, just glad to see people out there who still dont mind the old cars, cheers...

heres a better pic for ya

mate that is bloody nice..

Yes both of these excellent peices of motoring conjure up the word TOUGH in my mind :D Keep up the good work :D

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

You guys do relise that there is no need to quote the picture? I mean there's now like 3 copies of each picture on the page, just makes it really long and a waste of time.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

man, i wish i had money to have a car that looks like that.

I'm sick of being a povereto uni student

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Wagon, ph34r!

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
You guys do relise that there is no need to quote the picture? I mean there's now like 3 copies of each picture on the page, just makes it really long and a waste of time.

Not really, the browser only loads the pic once into the cache and uses the local copy for all other appearances. The real problem is that as people keep quoting it it pushes the thread further and further to the right but that's no problem for me - my browser has a "Fit to window width" option :P

Team Argon Silver

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

Nah it's just annoying to have to scroll down so far for each post.

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

LSD wrote:
twr7cx wrote:

Not really, the browser only loads the pic once into the cache and uses the local copy for all other appearances. The real problem is that as people keep quoting it it pushes the thread further and further to the right but that's no problem for me - my browser has a "Fit to window width" option :P

Wat browser?

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Can someone clean this up please?

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

agree that the Hemi 6 was a damn good weapon, but for my money the best 6 that's been in an Aussie car is the RB30E in the VL Commodore.

I know that'll piss a few of you off (or all of you!!!!) But the engie is not a holden, it's a Nissan and if you put a RB26DETT head on the RB30E block, it's gonna fly.

Sorry for the spanner in the works ,
lol...i dont agree...maybe if the head doesnt blow or crank angle sensor doesnt s**t it self or the air flo meter doesnt say bye bye..
i think the nissan moter was a better moter in the skyline

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

My views on the best FACTORY engines around.

1) Renault Clio Sport Cup = 134 Kw from a 2.0. with balls down low and a screaming top end. One of the very few factory N.A. 2.0. engines to break 200N/m. -And in a $32,000 car!

2) Toyota Supra RZ twin turbo = Apparently the best turbo engine ever, massive strength and powerband, no lag, refinement, just awesome. Pity it never got something like a GTR body to go into.

3) BMW M3 - to quote Motor "Not a tremor anywhere, not at idle or its 8000 RPM limiter" -Also noise like some insane jet engine.

4) Nissan SR20 series (turbo and non-turbo) probabily one of the worlds most flexible and modified engines. In everything from FWD vans to RWD performance screamers and everything else in between. 12 years in production virtually unchanged. One of the best. -Closely followed by Mitsubishi's 4G63

5) Ferrari/Maserati V8 - Have you actually heard one of these on max attack? Awesome Awesome noise.

6) Porsche 3.2 air cooled flat 6 - Ok so this one is just special to me - 1986 Carrera Convertable -down a street, redline in both gears - brake, corner, plant and power off again. Fantastic complex mechanical sound, you can feel it working! Started my love of porsches.

Yeah there's heaps. :-)

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

[quote="Spork"]My views on the best FACTORY engines around.

1) Renault Clio Sport Cup = 134 Kw from a 2.0. with balls down low and a screaming top end. One of the very few factory N.A. 2.0. engines to break 200N/m. -And in a $32,000 car!

2) Toyota Supra RZ twin turbo = Apparently the best turbo engine ever, massive strength and powerband, no lag, refinement, just awesome. Pity it never got something like a GTR body to go into.

3) BMW M3 - to quote Motor "Not a tremor anywhere, not at idle or its 8000 RPM limiter" -Also noise like some insane jet engine.

4) Nissan SR20 series (turbo and non-turbo) probabily one of the worlds most flexible and modified engines. In everything from FWD vans to RWD performance screamers and everything else in between. 12 years in production virtually unchanged. One of the best. -Closely followed by Mitsubishi's 4G63

5) Ferrari/Maserati V8 - Have you actually heard one of these on max attack? Awesome Awesome noise.

6) Porsche 3.2 air cooled flat 6 - Ok so this one is just special to me - 1986 Carrera Convertable -down a street, redline in both gears - brake, corner, plant and power off again. Fantastic complex mechanical sound, you can feel it working! Started my love of porsches.

Number One a Renault? Dude, you've got a Ferrari V8 in there, and a Renault, alarm bells are ringing. Take that off and replace it with the Porsche V10 in the carrera. What a magnificent engine.

Post subject: Re: Charger R/T E49's make our 6's seem crud
Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU2 XR6 VCT

VIC, Australia

Attachment:
e49 engine.jpg

Guys I was at a muscle car expo and I checked out an E49 charger.

Sure we've already covered the fact that the webbers are where the E49 charger's power is but look how straight and long these carbies are. They're essentially velocity stacks! Surely Ford have gone the wrong way with the xr6 with that big heavy and twisted intake manifold.

I can't help but think that we could do so much better on a NA motor. Its times like these when my mind starts screaming "You should do that fabrication course"

There are heaps of intake plenums on the market but I've only seen them attached to boosted cars. Has anyone heard of a NA Falcon with an intake plenum attached like the Snort plenum? What results did they see across their rev-range? http://www.boostedfalcon.net/snort/images/Snort/Plenums/Plenum12006.jpg

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Nice thread mine :D 9 years !

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

WOW! - yeah, real old one! For what it's worth I got to drive a mate's charger in about 1986. I dont know exactly what it was except it had the slant 6 and a single carby and wasn't any "sport" model. He did I believe have some sort of cam in it. In first and second it was like the tacho was an accelerator position indicator. If you managed traction (he had decent Yokos of some sort on it) it accelerated faster than anything I've ever been in. For a LONG time my dream was one of those engines in my ED. Apart from the engine power, the accelerator felt awful - they're mechanical linkages and it was old and worn out - and the thing handled like total cr ap compared to a nicely sorted modern car (again more to do with condition of THAT car than any commentary on the type).

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:12 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: ford ef2 xr6

VIC, Australia

I remember an old mate of mine turned up in a 4 speed 265 hemi VH charger one winter night back in late eighties.I got in and asked whose car it was and his reply was that it was an"Insurance job".
Anyway,after a couple of hours of very fast driving,and racing and beating every car that was stupid enough to race us,we ended up in an industrial park where a number of young guys on P plates were pouring oil on the road so they could do burnouts in a 4.1 litre XC falcon and a 4.2 litre V8 VB SLE Commodore.My mate asked if he could do a burn out and and the young guys said ok,we will move our cars off the oil for you.My mate replied,"don't bother,don't need oil when you have a hemi".Their reply was"What the f**k is a hemi?We then did a burnout the length of the street with no oil at all before driving off and despite trying everything we could to kill the motor,it just kept on going until it dropped the front suspension after we got the whole car airborne while going over a railway crossing.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

AU Tom wrote:
There are heaps of intake plenums on the market but I've only seen them attached to boosted cars. Has anyone heard of a NA Falcon with an intake plenum attached like the Snort plenum? What results did they see across their rev-range?

Hey AU Tom,

Trav199 on this forum got 246rwkw (330rwhp) out out his N/A BA 4.0 with a turbo-style plenum. For comparison, the E49 Charger would have had about 180-190rwkw (240-250rwhp) from 4.34 L.
ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/300rwhp-in-n-a6-t98717.html

But the Charger was a lot lighter than a B-series Falc (1365kg), so the performance was awesome - especially with the 4-speed manual. Even if the handling would be considered pretty average by today's standards, and the fuel economy of triple Webers downright scary, I would give my eye teeth and a number of other body parts for one.
http://www.chargerclubofwa.asn.au/media ... iMediaID=7

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 7  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next