Fordmods Logo

CMS 4.8 ltr i6 

Page 4 of 36 [ 538 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yeah thats pretty wierd i thought with your 158rwkw you should of hit 14's for sure, must be the weight of them

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

DoddEA wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
"just a thought"..

perhaps this will be the "e-series"SOHC engine to take the "fight" back to te DOHC BA i6's in the dyno comp's...

displacement VS twin cam...

Perhaps your right! But even when us B-series boys win on the Dyno, we still get smashed down the quarter! lol *Disclaimer: this is in MY case only, perhaps not all* lol

blame it on weight gain... :lol:

my car is 1555kg minus spare wheel subs and wheel jack.. every thing else is as "street driven"... would love to see a orion GTHO striiped down to a light weight model.. (special limited edtion)..

i cant wait to see the day when this stroked big block i6 is born... :lol:

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

A lot of people retro fit the AU I6's to there E-series due to the AU I6 being smoother etc. would there be any advantage in doing this with a 4.8L version of an AU I6 do you think, or would the modifications done to the I6 to get it to 4.8L negligate these benifits?

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

Hey joe, if possible, it would be nice to know the power and torque difference between a stock head and your Head and Cam package with this engine. Thats when its all finish.

"Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits."
"Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head."
"Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one."

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
"just a thought"..

perhaps this will be the "e-series"SOHC engine to take the "fight" back to te DOHC BA i6's in the dyno comp's...

If some rich bastard is willing to donate a few spare BA blocks so the twin cam can be punched out to 4.8 then the bar is raised yet again.

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

do we know much about what it will sound like? or idle like? i'd like to see it pull up side a gen III driver and have them say 'wtf in that?'

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:58 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: xr8 no.3 Au3 Ute

QLD, Australia

ford meblourne donated my tafe 12 long ba motors for training. go to ford with some puppy dog eyes and beg maybe? lol say its for science

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Sounds awesome Joe - havent spoken in ages ... glad to hear ya back on ya feet ... so how far do u see this project going for the 4 speed e-series guys before the old auto needs to be strengthened or swapped out for a C9 combo etc

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: CMS 4.8 i6
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
shnoza wrote:
After you put it on the dyno, you need to take it to WSID for a 1/4 mile time.
Good Work.
joe lives out there half the time... is his second home... followed by his real home... :lol:

so.. shouldnt have to wait long... :wink:

yeh I do spend most of the Wendsday night at the track but thats also to support all of the guy's that's running my gear (or not) as there not only buying my performance upgrades but any advice I can offer them as well plus I'm proud of my products & the resaults that these guy's are seeing with out spending s**t loads of cash as others have.

Once I balance & blue print all of these engines I'm antisapating in having the same level of smoothness or resonence.

the reason I'm going with the stage 2 top end is I know what my guy's are getting from 135-145rwkw ..... but what I'm more intrested in is the torque this baby will make
as far as it will sound like, well that depends on your exhaust system but having built other strokers in the past the note dose change

the second motor thats getting built now I've decided to uprade the bottom end for hight hp applications but this one isnt going to be the extreme version thinking about it I've decided to go with my stage 3 head & cam package & this will be the one that's going to WSID............

Joe

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

I would be happy to donate my car to receive a test mule :D :D :D

You know to drive around on a daily basis using stock head etc.
:D :D :D

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

long and short motors?

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Post subject: 4.8 i6
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Sounds awesome Joe - havent spoken in ages ... glad to hear ya back on ya feet ... so how far do u see this project going for the 4 speed e-series guys before the old auto needs to be strengthened or swapped out for a C9 combo etc

Hey Kev
yeh been a bit crook for a while but where getting there, mate my 4 speed Auto that I've built for Brett still hanging in there & drives his car like he's stollen it so if it can handle that up till know then I think you wont have a problem, untill you want to start making some serious hp but thats like with any engine, we're just about finished with Jase's C4 & thats another one for next year so theres a few cars thats going to turn some heads...... & MATT get your exhaust fixed !!.......oh those brakes are still stairing at me to.....one day they'll get done ??

cheers

Joe

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
long and short motors?

as I say there will be 3 comp ratio's to pick from for Forced to running stright LPG, but you need to tell me what ratio you want to runn as a short motor.... as these figures are baced on 65cc cambers & '0' deck height which is your std head height so you need to be exact.....

or do you mean what is a short motor ??

Joe

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
"just a thought"..

If some rich bastard is willing to donate a few spare BA blocks so the twin cam can be punched out to 4.8 then the bar is raised yet again.

well, I have an BA E-gas top end that was donated to me 6 months ago anything is posible...????? :wink:

Joe

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
"just a thought"..

the BA block is different to the e-serries block.. BUT.. if the ba block can also be stroked.. then yes.. a 4.8 litre ba i6 with flash tuner/exhaust/intake.. extractors...under drives.. could push out 200RWK's..+++ -should do quite easily considering standard cappacity ba i6's are allready up around the 180-190 RWKW mark...

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 36  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next