Page 35 of 36 [ 538 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post subject: Re: CMS 4.8 ltr i6
Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

^JAsE^ wrote:
due to the lack of intrest this has been put on the shelf.....

I'd change that statement to read something more like, "due to lack of financial interest from customers this has been put on the shelf".....

Which in some ways is a shame, but there is so much to gain from a forced induction setup that I would reckon a stroker OHC engine would be a very small niche market.

Until CMS actually state it's on the shelf, I'll live in hope that I could see the finished result, then that I could afford it lol. No point being dishonest about it, how many Eseries guys could afford it?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
^JAsE^ wrote:
due to the lack of intrest this has been put on the shelf.....

I'd change that statement to read something more like, "due to lack of financial interest from customers this has been put on the shelf".....

Which in some ways is a shame, but there is so much to gain from a forced induction setup that I would reckon a stroker OHC engine would be a very small niche market.

Until CMS actually state it's on the shelf, I'll live in hope that I could see the finished result, then that I could afford it lol. No point being dishonest about it, how many Eseries guys could afford it?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

If people had the funds and wanted to they could do it themselves.....a lot harder for a workshop to do it when they have to consider profitability of testing and producing.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I wont shelf the 4.5ltr as I'm pretty stoked about doing it but yes I agree with your comments as this is the reason why where doing the DOHC conversion there more intrest in this....

joe

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

AUXR8 2 wrote:
I wont shelf the 4.5ltr as I'm pretty stoked about doing it but yes I agree with your comments as this is the reason why where doing the DOHC conversion there more intrest in this....

joe

Thanks for posting that up Joe, I and I'm sure others will appreciate that.

Dohc conversion, I take it a "kit" to drop a DOHC into the e series?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

no worries..........

cheers
joe

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

What could make it affordable is if all the extra cubes were from only adding stroke and using a piston that falls with in the regular over sizes.

Spool manage to pump stroker cranks for SRs and CAs and RBs
They may be prompted to look into a proper stroker crank and rods for the 4L. At least then it could be sold in kit form and people could build their own. CMS could do a deal with spool and have the 4L stuff branded as CMS and sold through CMS.

It then leaves Joe to go even further with cubes by matching the stroker crank with a big bore conversion

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
What could make it affordable is if all the extra cubes were from only adding stroke and using a piston that falls with in the regular over sizes.

They may be prompted to look into a proper stroker crank and rods for the 4L. At least then it could be sold in kit form and people could build their own. CMS could do a deal with spool and have the 4L stuff branded as CMS and sold through CMS.

It then leaves Joe to go even further with cubes by matching the stroker crank with a big bore conversion

Interesting concept, but what's your estimation of the market for this gear?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:37 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

Wow what a long read. Shame to see it didnt work in the end but a lot changes in 4 years. I think its a good move to work on the barra as we all know its potential.

Ill be watching with anticipation to see how you go with this. Keep up the good work :D

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I know where your coming from in speaking to someone like spool & the likes but it all comes down to the volume of sales to be expected !!.... unlike the jap market where there looking at increasing cubes as an instant power adder plus theres more or of them & these engines are world wide.....also the funds to continue with this is better well spent elsewhere like buying another dyno which will generate the money instantly & as a onwer you have to make finacial decision where is best suited.
My bussines is growing & we are getting reconized in other areas in the Ford performance industry mainly with the turbo guys & due to this growth is why the dyno is a win win. I love my 4.0lts as we IMO still have the highest hp E series i6 engine going round...with only the std ECU no piggy back or chip, std factory log manifold & one factory t/b @198rwkw on 98oct, I do down the track want to build another 4.0ltr that will crack 220rwkw still on pump fuel with a log & one t/b.... one day

joe

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

ToranaGuy wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

Interesting concept, but what's your estimation of the market for this gear?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Thats always going to a be a problem with the 4L, Would be intersting to see if the front of the crank could be machined to accept a collar to make the same basic crank compatible with both the SOHC and DOHC engines. Main journal for pre AU cranks would be an issue, even then it's only extra machining,
that would double the market for the kit.
the initial market will be small, as it a new thing for these engines. But as some get sold and make good power sales will always pick up.

Cubes is everything. there are 4.8 turbo nissan patrols around the world that make our falcons look slow.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nice write up there tickford_6, food for thought & Joe, I can understand totally.

Get the new dyno in, generate more business & possibly more interest in your products in development, then work on some of those for more business.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ToranaGuy wrote:
Get the new dyno in, generate more business & possibly more interest in your products in development, then work on some of those for more business.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

For sure get the new dyno, After all business is business and we are all in to make money.

Last edited by tickford_6 on Sun May 22, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:29 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

All i can say is spewin....

4.5 or 4.8L I6 VCT

Vrooooom Vrrooooooooooooom

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Buy a 4.8 litre DOHC patrol motor for your car then.

People can get 300rwkw out them NA. :)

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

i own a Ford, not a Nissan.

It would be like switching over to Holden....maybe even worse :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 35 of 36  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next