Id switch 100 times to nissan before going to holden

Post subject: Re: CMS 4.8 ltr i6
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:28 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

maybe job try and see about making a stroker style kitt for the DOHC donks ! = win win for the dohc convo's

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:01 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUII Ghia TS50 Wannabe

VIC, Australia

MRE-50L wrote:
maybe job try and see about making a stroker style kitt for the DOHC donks ! = win win for the dohc convo's

I would be in for it, aside from power potential imagine the noise! It would be by far the most incredible i6 mod

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

MRE-50L wrote:

maybe ??

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

MRE-50L wrote:

thatd be pretty sweet

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

If CMS has made the stroker kit for the E & A Series engines wouldn't the B series stroker kit be more or less the same????

After all Joe did say that the stroker kit only focus's on the bottom end in respects to getting more CC's out of the block. I was under the assumption that the B series blocks were still pretty much the same as the E & A Series blocks.

So in fact i would be thinking right now that Joe should have something already lined up in respects to a B Series Stroker kit....more or less :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Shen Long wrote:
All i can say is spewin....

4.5 or 4.8L I6 VCT

Vrooooom Vrrooooooooooooom

All I can say is you're dreaming. If you have the money go find a good engine builder willing to do a one off for you.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

Quote:
All I can say is you're dreaming. If you have the money go find a good engine builder willing to do a one off for you.

I don't understand your comment???

I think you have misunderstood me....

I am saying if i did have the cash i would opt for a 4.5L build for my Fairlane VCT...

Hence the Vrooom Vrrooooom

Further more if i did have the cash the engine would be sent straight to Joe @ CMS without any hesitations or 2nd thoughts.

Your comment is uncalled for & was definitely unnecessary. I think this usually happens after reading the forums for a long amount of time in a single sitting. Sometimes its good to have a little break & get some fresh air to relax the brain & the eyes.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Shen Long wrote:
Quote:

I don't understand your comment???

I think you have misunderstood me....

I am saying if i did have the cash i would opt for a 4.5L build for my Fairlane VCT...

Hence the Vrooom Vrrooooom

Further more if i did have the cash the engine would be sent straight to Joe @ CMS without any hesitations or 2nd thoughts.

Your comment is uncalled for & was definitely unnecessary. I think this usually happens after reading the forums for a long amount of time in a single sitting. Sometimes its good to have a little break & get some fresh air to relax the brain & the eyes.

First time I have been on here in probably a week as this forum's tech sections are full of s**t lately (and I spend the time either driving my car/boat or working on them rather than posting utter useless s**t in threads). It just pisses me off every person commenting on the engines being made when chances are 99% of them won't fork out the money anyway. This is meant to be a tech section.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ef futura/ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

i'll let you know how the stroker goes once in and running.. :twisted:

custom airbox,custom intake
paccie comps,lukey 2.5 cat back,high flow cat
CMS stg2 head,CMS stg2.A. cam,CMS hybrid auto with mod shift,3.9 lsd
custom 3500rpm hi stall
ANZ mayhem 18's,custom interior,venom body kit,xr wing,jumbo 2' low springs
143rwkw and 407rwnm on CMS dyno

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

I'm not about to read through the previous gazillion posts but can someone care to refresh me on the contents of this big cube package?

Is it a stroker plus big bore or just a stroker? And is there a custom crank for this or is the stock unit offset ground?

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

Quote:
First time I have been on here in probably a week as this forum's tech sections are full of s**t lately (and I spend the time either driving my car/boat or working on them rather than posting utter useless s**t in threads). It just pisses me off every person commenting on the engines being made when chances are 99% of them won't fork out the money anyway. This is meant to be a tech section.

I can agree with you there, i would be very very very hesitant about spending money on a car mod that will only require more & more money later on down the track especially if its good money going into someone else's pocket for no good reason.

I don't mind paying for goods & services but i hate getting ripped off because fred from down the road could have done the same job with better parts etc for a lesser price.

These forums are here so everyone can discuss, express, brag, talk s**t about their experiences & what not about moded & moding their vehicles.

Everyone loves to say that they done this & that they done that, we as customers & also as avid ford lovers want to get the best for our $$$$'s & as far as i am concerned when i blow big bucks on a mod i want to know that yes it was well worth it & not i shoulda done this & shoulda done that.

Sometimes we have to sift through pages & pages & pages of data in order to get a grasp.

Remember you might be a brain & know a lot about cars & mods & stuff, but me myself i am clueless & have a basic understanding of mechanics at best.

This is a great place to learn & enhance our ability to move forward & create our own custom machine.

Everyone needs help, some more & some less than others. I have enjoyed the past few days reading up on the forums because i have seen what technology is out there which i never knew existed.

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:22 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

Quote:
I'm not about to read through the previous gazillion posts but can someone care to refresh me on the contents of this big cube package?

Is it a stroker plus big bore or just a stroker? And is there a custom crank for this or is the stock unit offset ground?

Originally CMS was going to make a 4.8L stroker kit for E & A Series engines however due to finances etc he scrapped it or put it on hold.

CMS (Joe) however has made a working 4.5L Stroker kit for the E & A Series engines. $7400 approx with stage 3 head & stage 3 cam.

I am unsure if the displacement increase is due to bore size & stroke length increases or just a stroke length increase, you best speak to CMS about this.

Sort by  
 Page 36 of 36  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36