Fordmods Logo

cms stage 3 head and cam installed tonight 13/9/07 fired up 

 

Page 4 of 6 [ 88 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:37 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 3227

Joined: 12th Feb 2007

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

Location: your mums
NSW, Australia

i mate of mine had to replace his head on a 4l eb wagon today , cost him fully recoed $350

 

_________________

BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:28 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1452

Joined: 27th Apr 2005

Ride: BA

Location: campbelltown
NSW, Australia

My head gasket is gone too. been like that for a while now. Think it is the time of the year with everyone's head gasket going.

 

_________________

"Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits."
"Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head."
"Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:48 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 259

Joined: 4th Apr 2006

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 2002 XR8 manual

Location: Laurieton
NSW, Australia

shnoza wrote:
My head gasket is gone too. been like that for a while now. Think it is the time of the year with everyone's head gasket going.


Dont say that!!!!

 

_________________

AU XR8 manual.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:03 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 3227

Joined: 12th Feb 2007

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

Location: your mums
NSW, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
Mechan1k wrote:
Damn ... I just found this now after Joe told me the other day when I rocked up at the workshop. I noticed your car in there ... had a look under the bonnet .. and saw it with the head off.

Was wondering what work was getting done ... and he told me what happened.

So who did the tuning that got it to a point that it went bang??? Or is that a No-No question????

Will be interesting to see the results when it is all back together ... lets see if it can make more torque to match Jase's Fairmont :lol:


spiro at AUtotech tunes it... bu i dont blame him for the failure... as he had tuned it several times on the dyno with the unichip installed and never had a problem... i more blame the shonky head shave job that had the head sitting on the block a few thou difference at the front of the head to the rear of the head causing the failure...


Also remember one time at WISD you went in the burnout comp and over heated it. what have added to what happen as well.

 

_________________

BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

BuNtEr wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
Mechan1k wrote:
Damn ... I just found this now after Joe told me the other day when I rocked up at the workshop. I noticed your car in there ... had a look under the bonnet .. and saw it with the head off.

Was wondering what work was getting done ... and he told me what happened.

So who did the tuning that got it to a point that it went bang??? Or is that a No-No question????

Will be interesting to see the results when it is all back together ... lets see if it can make more torque to match Jase's Fairmont :lol:


spiro at AUtotech tunes it... bu i dont blame him for the failure... as he had tuned it several times on the dyno with the unichip installed and never had a problem... i more blame the shonky head shave job that had the head sitting on the block a few thou difference at the front of the head to the rear of the head causing the failure...


Also remember one time at WISD you went in the burnout comp and over heated it. what have added to what happen as well.
joe mentioned that but he said had anything failed it would of happened shortly after that of which it has been a few months since that burnout comp... joe was there too...(wsid)..

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:35 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 3227

Joined: 12th Feb 2007

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

Location: your mums
NSW, Australia

this time keep away from the burnout mat Matt your car is to nice to do that to it.

Burnout comps are for holden drivers as they have to prove that they can spin the wheels.

 

_________________

BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

Sorry to hear your beast has suffered engine trouble, especially since it looked at racking up impressive timeslips time after time.

But maybe the cause wasnt just the few thou difference in the head, but most probably the constant caining the motor received :wink:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Sorry to hear your beast has suffered engine trouble, especially since it looked at racking up impressive timeslips time after time.

But maybe the cause wasnt just the few thou difference in the head, but most probably the constant caining the motor received :wink:
my engine loved it!! :twisted: joe and gang at crescent motorsport were of the opinion of thats what held it together... my engine lasted bit over 60,000km until the hrad gasket failed... other 'it's" engines have failed much earlier than mine from 20,000km onwards.. with shuggs engine a total write off and hyenas barely having travelled 20,000 km when a valve spring failed.. and hyenas car only attended drag racing one night in its life... nothing compared to mine... lol...

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

friggen net logged me out halfway through posting! s**t me up the wall atm!!! p****d off bloody aapt net!!!

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 907

Joined: 13th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ef futura/ef fairmont

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Hey matt! I'll be swinging around joe's tomorrow night or thursday night to see how she's going..

 

_________________

custom airbox,custom intake
paccie comps,lukey 2.5 cat back,high flow cat
CMS stg2 head,CMS stg2.A. cam,CMS hybrid auto with mod shift,3.9 lsd
custom 3500rpm hi stall
ANZ mayhem 18's,custom interior,venom body kit,xr wing,jumbo 2' low springs
143rwkw and 407rwnm on CMS dyno

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

green machine wrote:
Hey matt! I'll be swinging around joe's tomorrow night or thursday night to see how she's going..
yeah... see how she's going or "IF SHE GOING" lol.... got more parts from pick n payless to experimant with...

(air horns) and custom foggies out of a mitsu galant... :lol:

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

So whats the deal with the other 'its' engines? Were they all doomed or just a coincedence? Did they have warranties?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
So whats the deal with the other 'its' engines? Were they all doomed or just a coincedence? Did they have warranties?
whats a waranty??? :lol: :roll:

no warrantys... mark dissapeared after my engine was completed..
co-incidence?? umm no.. several it's engines have crapped themselves...

*shugg.... oil leaks from every oriface..
*hyena...valve spring gave way..
*myself.. premature head gasket blown due to faulty head shave
*and unammed others thet macqarther parts plus narrellan that knew people that had it's engines fail... (mark use to work there)..

i wouldnt bag him if these didnt happen.. he's a nice guy mark.. just some things "leave a lot to be desired" -or however the saying goes... :lol:

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 907

Joined: 13th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ef futura/ef fairmont

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
green machine wrote:
Hey matt! I'll be swinging around joe's tomorrow night or thursday night to see how she's going..
yeah... see how she's going or "IF SHE GOING" lol.... got more parts from pick n payless to experimant with...

(air horns) and custom foggies out of a mitsu galant... :lol:


Yeah if she's going!!haha Nah thats cool I'll ring you if there's progress.

Hey next time your out there look for some nice round headlights from any car as long as there not to big!!!

you know why I want them,new mod!!

 

_________________

custom airbox,custom intake
paccie comps,lukey 2.5 cat back,high flow cat
CMS stg2 head,CMS stg2.A. cam,CMS hybrid auto with mod shift,3.9 lsd
custom 3500rpm hi stall
ANZ mayhem 18's,custom interior,venom body kit,xr wing,jumbo 2' low springs
143rwkw and 407rwnm on CMS dyno

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:22 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Such a shame as the various ITS engines were all rather good numbers wise. May have just been, Mark went right up to 99% on the reliability factor in the builds (knowingly or not).

Oh well, gives Joe a good chance to show how good a donk he can build.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 4 of 6  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names