Fordmods Logo

cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au 

 

Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 2563

Joined: 19th Feb 2007

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

Location: Lilydale
VIC, Australia

his prices are stupid though, 175rwkw for $7350 what a joke

 

_________________

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1260

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: EL xr6

Location: Craigieburn
VIC, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
his prices are stupid though, 175rwkw for $7350 what a joke


exactly what i been trying to say. i mean your pushing 185kw's and how much did it set you back gezza?

 

_________________

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 196

Joined: 13th Sep 2011

Ride: EB falcon

Location: Boyne Island
QLD, Australia

they idnt use a dye grinder and do it themselves i couldnt tell you how it was done only that it was done and flowed, as for the jmm packages being so expensive my mate got a streetfighter engine package for his au and drove it for 3 months and then threw the old motor back in, whatever jmm uses it aint worth the big $$$ for the little power increase, i rang them about a cam for my falcon and i get an "oh no you need to buy this kit if you want that" s**t i want a friggin cam not a 2k bloody kit when ive got the rest of the gear sitting here. and there headers are crap too rusted out in a few weeks replaced them with pacies and 12 months on they still blue.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

i herd his headers s**t all over the rest in another thread or on another forum, the idea of his "dev kits"
is for the lazy s**t that cant put a spanner to their car and think "aww it must be good its $7000 and its called a dev 5 kit" for anyone who can use the basic spanners etc can fit cams and take their heads off and port them up and its much cheaper, i was considering buying his high comp pistons and building an engine as ive rebuilt the odd motor bike motor and have pulled a few stuffed car engines apart so thats not an issue for me,i think that altho it may seem expensive for this head, its a brand new head with computer machined ports so what you pay for is a perfect brand new product, the machine they use to do this is worth as much as a house and not to mention the upkeep on the machine and a wage for the person using it

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1260

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: EL xr6

Location: Craigieburn
VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
i herd his headers s**t all over the rest in another thread or on another forum, the idea of his "dev kits"
is for the lazy s**t that cant put a spanner to their car and think "aww it must be good its $7000 and its called a dev 5 kit" for anyone who can use the basic spanners etc can fit cams and take their heads off and port them up and its much cheaper, i was considering buying his high comp pistons and building an engine as ive rebuilt the odd motor bike motor and have pulled a few stuffed car engines apart so thats not an issue for me,i think that altho it may seem expensive for this head, its a brand new head with computer machined ports so what you pay for is a perfect brand new product, the machine they use to do this is worth as much as a house and not to mention the upkeep on the machine and a wage for the person using it



man get a quote from cve to do a head for you.ask gezza they do pretty good work, so i've heard and seen.....

cozza88 wrote:
they idnt use a dye grinder and do it themselves i couldnt tell you how it was done only that it was done and flowed, as for the jmm packages being so expensive my mate got a streetfighter engine package for his au and drove it for 3 months and then threw the old motor back in, whatever jmm uses it aint worth the big $$$ for the little power increase, i rang them about a cam for my falcon and i get an "oh no you need to buy this kit if you want that" s**t i want a friggin cam not a 2k bloody kit when ive got the rest of the gear sitting here. and there headers are crap too rusted out in a few weeks replaced them with pacies and 12 months on they still blue.


man thats the same as when i called preston automatics to ask for a high stall, they told me i need to rebuild my whole tranny into a high performance one just to run a 2500rpm stally in it. and they told me it would cost me $2500.told them they are dreamers

 

_________________

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 196

Joined: 13th Sep 2011

Ride: EB falcon

Location: Boyne Island
QLD, Australia

when jmm told me i needed to buy all this crap from them just to buy one of the performance cams i knew NEVER to call them back for anything i ended up spending 2 mins on the phone with crow cams and spent $400 on a cam for the eb, got the head and manifolds match ported and i couldnt have asked for a better car untill i sold it and then brought another one. i still dont see the point in buying a jmm engine when it's only putting out a few more kws then most standard falcon i6's for instance when my mate got the street fighter engine for his au he lost 15rwkws and that was all on paper, chewed more fuel so he threw the old motor back in. in my honest opinion people need to have a bloody look at the adverage joe and realise hey not everybody can afford it, for instance REPCO we all know what those letter stand for, i went to buy a clutch kit for my datsun just a standard oem replacement they quoted me $896 just for the kit i asked them what is it gold plated or something, so i went down the road to autopro and brought a heavy duty exedy for $250 plus $100 labour to fit. alot of these places just dont realise that they charge too much.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1260

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: EL xr6

Location: Craigieburn
VIC, Australia

cozza88 wrote:
when jmm told me i needed to buy all this crap from them just to buy one of the performance cams i knew NEVER to call them back for anything i ended up spending 2 mins on the phone with crow cams and spent $400 on a cam for the eb, got the head and manifolds match ported and i couldnt have asked for a better car untill i sold it and then brought another one. i still dont see the point in buying a jmm engine when it's only putting out a few more kws then most standard falcon i6's for instance when my mate got the street fighter engine for his au he lost 15rwkws and that was all on paper, chewed more fuel so he threw the old motor back in. in my honest opinion people need to have a bloody look at the adverage joe and realise hey not everybody can afford it, for instance REPCO we all know what those letter stand for, i went to buy a clutch kit for my datsun just a standard oem replacement they quoted me $896 just for the kit i asked them what is it gold plated or something, so i went down the road to autopro and brought a heavy duty exedy for $250 plus $100 labour to fit. alot of these places just dont realise that they charge too much.



hahahaha your telling me.i went to super crap to go and buy a break light switch for the el.the chick behind the counter said they are $65 plus she would of had to order it in, then told me to go to bursons because they would have them in stock.went to bursons was $15... was very happy i went for the extra 5min drive down the road.

but you know what....some poor bastard would of bought one from there before because they had none left

 

_________________

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 398

Joined: 16th May 2010

Ride: 2010 G6E

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
cozza88 wrote:
when jmm told me i needed to buy all this crap from them just to buy one of the performance cams i knew NEVER to call them back for anything i ended up spending 2 mins on the phone with crow cams and spent $400 on a cam for the eb, got the head and manifolds match ported and i couldnt have asked for a better car untill i sold it and then brought another one. i still dont see the point in buying a jmm engine when it's only putting out a few more kws then most standard falcon i6's for instance when my mate got the street fighter engine for his au he lost 15rwkws and that was all on paper, chewed more fuel so he threw the old motor back in. in my honest opinion people need to have a bloody look at the adverage joe and realise hey not everybody can afford it, for instance REPCO we all know what those letter stand for, i went to buy a clutch kit for my datsun just a standard oem replacement they quoted me $896 just for the kit i asked them what is it gold plated or something, so i went down the road to autopro and brought a heavy duty exedy for $250 plus $100 labour to fit. alot of these places just dont realise that they charge too much.



hahahaha your telling me.i went to super crap to go and buy a break light switch for the el.the chick behind the counter said they are $65 plus she would of had to order it in, then told me to go to bursons because they would have them in stock.went to bursons was $15... was very happy i went for the extra 5min drive down the road.
lol the chick at my supercheap told me to go straight to bursons because thats who supplies them anyway, and they have to do their markup for profit. bursons is almost within eyeshot of supercheap near mine.
but you know what....some poor bastard would of bought one from there before because they had none left

lol the chick at my supercheap told me to go straight to bursons because thats who supplies them anyway, and they have to do their markup for profit. bursons is almost within eyeshot of supercheap in hoppers.

 

_________________

be good or be good at it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1260

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: EL xr6

Location: Craigieburn
VIC, Australia

teeroy wrote:
wild-el wrote:
cozza88 wrote:
when jmm told me i needed to buy all this crap from them just to buy one of the performance cams i knew NEVER to call them back for anything i ended up spending 2 mins on the phone with crow cams and spent $400 on a cam for the eb, got the head and manifolds match ported and i couldnt have asked for a better car untill i sold it and then brought another one. i still dont see the point in buying a jmm engine when it's only putting out a few more kws then most standard falcon i6's for instance when my mate got the street fighter engine for his au he lost 15rwkws and that was all on paper, chewed more fuel so he threw the old motor back in. in my honest opinion people need to have a bloody look at the adverage joe and realise hey not everybody can afford it, for instance REPCO we all know what those letter stand for, i went to buy a clutch kit for my datsun just a standard oem replacement they quoted me $896 just for the kit i asked them what is it gold plated or something, so i went down the road to autopro and brought a heavy duty exedy for $250 plus $100 labour to fit. alot of these places just dont realise that they charge too much.



hahahaha your telling me.i went to super crap to go and buy a break light switch for the el.the chick behind the counter said they are $65 plus she would of had to order it in, then told me to go to bursons because they would have them in stock.went to bursons was $15... was very happy i went for the extra 5min drive down the road.
lol the chick at my supercheap told me to go straight to bursons because thats who supplies them anyway, and they have to do their markup for profit. bursons is almost within eyeshot of supercheap near mine.
but you know what....some poor bastard would of bought one from there before because they had none left

lol the chick at my supercheap told me to go straight to bursons because thats who supplies them anyway, and they have to do their markup for profit. bursons is almost within eyeshot of supercheap in hoppers.

hahaha yeah thats what the chick told me to just forgot to mention it just before lol

 

_________________

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:05 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 196

Joined: 13th Sep 2011

Ride: EB falcon

Location: Boyne Island
QLD, Australia

i usually get my gear from autobarn here because one of my mates works there and i get a reasonable discount plus a couple of the chicks there are drop dead gorgous so i have a look while im looking for parts lol.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:29 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 591

Joined: 28th May 2011

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

Location: central coast
NSW, Australia

teeroy wrote:
wild-el wrote:
cozza88 wrote:
when jmm told me i needed to buy all this crap from them just to buy one of the performance cams i knew NEVER to call them back for anything i ended up spending 2 mins on the phone with crow cams and spent $400 on a cam for the eb, got the head and manifolds match ported and i couldnt have asked for a better car untill i sold it and then brought another one. i still dont see the point in buying a jmm engine when it's only putting out a few more kws then most standard falcon i6's for instance when my mate got the street fighter engine for his au he lost 15rwkws and that was all on paper, chewed more fuel so he threw the old motor back in. in my honest opinion people need to have a bloody look at the adverage joe and realise hey not everybody can afford it, for instance REPCO we all know what those letter stand for, i went to buy a clutch kit for my datsun just a standard oem replacement they quoted me $896 just for the kit i asked them what is it gold plated or something, so i went down the road to autopro and brought a heavy duty exedy for $250 plus $100 labour to fit. alot of these places just dont realise that they charge too much.



hahahaha your telling me.i went to super crap to go and buy a break light switch for the el.the chick behind the counter said they are $65 plus she would of had to order it in, then told me to go to bursons because they would have them in stock.went to bursons was $15... was very happy i went for the extra 5min drive down the road.
lol the chick at my supercheap told me to go straight to bursons because thats who supplies them anyway, and they have to do their markup for profit. bursons is almost within eyeshot of supercheap near mine.
but you know what....some poor bastard would of bought one from there before because they had none left

lol the chick at my supercheap told me to go straight to bursons because thats who supplies them anyway, and they have to do their markup for profit. bursons is almost within eyeshot of supercheap in hoppers.


How do you think business works? They call it profit.. :roll:

 

_________________

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

cozza88 wrote:
they idnt use a dye grinder and do it themselves i couldnt tell you how it was done only that it was done and flowed


For 50 bucks per port you got your heads extrude honed, otherwise known as power porting.

Its where they pump cutting compound in gell like solution through your ports to get rid of the casting marks and smooth them over. Also it does tend to straighten out the turn in the port a little bit. Its a cost effective option to pulling out the die grinder and doing a pocket port by hand.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Yes JMM is overpriced, but some of the tight a*** replies in this thread are hilarious....

Remembering that the JMM prices include labour, who honestly thinks they are going to get a turbo falcon with a snort kit going for under $5k not spinning spanners? By the time you find a mechanic prepared to fit it (who unless they are retarded will require you pay to make it legal) you will be lucky to walk away with change from $10k.

Not sure what kind of mechanic you guys deal with, but the ones I deal with probably wouldn't fit a high stall without pressuring me to rebuild my tranny. I know for a fact my panel beater won't touch fibreglass body kits (trying to get him to spray my bonnet is proving a mission) and will only work with Glasurit or PPG paints. Any place with half a reputation won't touch any tight a*** half jobs and will charge more for their time...if you want those go to dodgey mechanics and be happy for paying less.

Cozza_88 not sure if you have been tipping salt water over the headers, but one of my mates has been running JMM headers for 3 years and they only just have surface rust...I have pacies which are fairing better, but still developing patches of surface rust. As for the design I would say his JMM ones are atleast on par with my 4480s....they are f**k long though so not sure how good that is for emissions...

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 196

Joined: 13th Sep 2011

Ride: EB falcon

Location: Boyne Island
QLD, Australia

never had the car near salt water you could see they wer made either in a hurry or the person who done the welds couldnt weld very well because it didnt look like a good job at all, i by no means am an expert welder but i can still weld up extractors better then what these looked like, ive made my own for 6 cars from a mightyboy to a turbo mightyboy an old xt falcon a few mowers and clapped out old 253 sandman
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: cnc ported heads available from jmm for ea-au
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

cozza88 wrote:
never had the car near salt water you could see they wer made either in a hurry or the person who done the welds couldnt weld very well because it didnt look like a good job at all, i by no means am an expert welder but i can still weld up extractors better then what these looked like, ive made my own for 6 cars from a mightyboy to a turbo mightyboy an old xt falcon a few mowers and clapped out old 253 sandman


I've recently done some tig welding on thin wall mild steel. Would love to see your welds so put your money where your mouth is and post up some pics.

Last edited by xcabbi on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names