Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: coil pack/ distributor?
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ef

SA, Australia

hey guys,

i'm still trying to get my ef auto to run sweet with the cms stage 3 cam. feedback ive got indicates i need some extra ignition timing which i cant adjust with the coil packs

can an el dizzy be put in an ef and set up (maybe with el ecu)? ive had a look and there is a blanking off plate where the dizzy goes on the block with 'non adjustable timing' written on.

surely the blocks are the same ef to el so the gear inside would be there?

thanks

scott

there are three types of people in this world:
those that can count and those that can't

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Have u tried a vernier gear? a dizzy can be put in with the EL ecu a few guys here have done it, stockstandard was one.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Molloy wrote:
Have u tried a vernier gear? a dizzy can be put in with the EL ecu a few guys here have done it, stockstandard was one.

a vernier gear changes cam timing, not ignition timing

and sure you could put a dizzy in with an EL ecu and complete EL wiring harness.
but for the cost and hasle of it, you could have car tune properly with any number of aftermaket options

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ef

SA, Australia

right on tickford_6. yep. i reckon ill go an ecu reprogramme.

there are three types of people in this world:
those that can count and those that can't

Post subject: timing
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Hi Scott
you don't have to change your ingion set up as the 2 & 3 works with the Factory gear, with all performnce cams the more the agressive the profile more base timing will be benifitted by them, I'm trying to get my scanner working so I can send you Green Machines dyno run or if Green Machine reads this may be he can do it for me, the other thing is that I sold a stg 3 cam to another guy that he wanted to fitt it at my shop whitch was fine but I still had to over see the set up, he's also got a EF auto & I think he played with the head but from what I can recall was simialar to a Tickford set up, I'm going to try & contact him & do a run so you can also get a reference from that as well, after he installed it & I checked it he took it for a drive I couldn't wipe the smile of his face, so what I'm saying I know they work on the dyno & on the track, but as always mate I will help you through this as I want to see you get the resaults that eveyone is experiancing.

I will call you tomorrow & take you through the proces of checking base timing, also if you can get hold of a vacum gauge (a decent one) & in doing that, that will tell me what I want to know.

cheers

Joe

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]