COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR FOR FORD EF-BF 6 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR FOR FORD EF-BF 6
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0006252883

Looks about as good as the Vaporate product...

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

very good idea !.. but would want to see it in action 1st on a dyno with the standard gear.. then the next day (hopefully same ambient temp) with the thermal spacer...

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

lol - will still heatsoak through the air. i've never felt the intake manifold get that hot anyway?

even if it did insulate it, it still passes though the hot, lower manifold and as if the air even hangs around long enough in the manifold to get warmer.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:58 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6

QLD, Australia

Can't see it being worth the money. i would expect that the biggest gains will be seen as low rpm torque through the increase in runner length but even then it will be so minimal. You would see more benifits from a port and ploish on the bbm to increas the flow rate so the motor is not working as hard

EF XR6 Manual 271RWHP/199RWKW N/A using Stock manifold with dual plane runners still operating. EFI Hardware 6TBM to come mid year.

Last edited by xr6eat 50 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

You need to consider the bonnet closed height...the throttle body might touch the bonnet? Also if you have the mandrel pipe with the el tubing it may cause problems when closing the bonnet.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

asizzy wrote:
You need to consider the bonnet closed height...the throttle body might touch the bonnet? Also if you have the mandrel pipe with the el tubing it may cause problems when closing the bonnet.

My GRA throttle body and some of the intercooler piping already rub on the underside of my bonnet.

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I couldnt see the pic but if its a phenolic spacer like for a v8 then it will give you better top end and lose bottom end torque and do bugger all else, thats why i took it off my v8.
Also it will probably hit the bonnet if you thrash it :D

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

green emmision car wrote:
I couldnt see the pic but if its a phenolic spacer like for a v8 then it will give you better top end and lose bottom end torque and do bugger all else, thats why i took it off my v8.
Also it will probably hit the bonnet if you thrash it :D

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/post915191.html#915191

The BBM of the inline six may have different properties than your big 8, but the Supercars and NZV8's all seem to run a Phenolic spacer from what I've been finding out.

Goes back to an old statement - Why would tickford do it if it is worse or no better than original?

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Mmmmmm green emissions :lol:

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Just saw the pic of the spacer and it spaces the manifold away from the head, unlike the v8 version which spaces the two halves of the manifold.
These would work alot better than a v8 spacer.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

green car wrote:
Just saw the pic of the spacer and it spaces the manifold away from the head, unlike the v8 version which spaces the two halves of the manifold.

No, it goes between the top and bottom half of the BBM. So it goes between the two halves of the manifold. He has some diagrams on there of setups on other vehicles that push the manifold away from the head.
Problem with pushing the manifold away from the head is that you are also pushing the fuel injectors further away.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

twr7cx wrote:
green car wrote:

No, it goes between the top and bottom half of the BBM. So it goes between the two halves of the manifold. He has some diagrams on there of setups on other vehicles that push the manifold away from the head.
Problem with pushing the manifold away from the head is that you are also pushing the fuel injectors further away.

My design is still being designed. The spacer I am designing pushes the manifold away from the head.

This image is taken directly from the AutoCad file.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

fiend wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
green car wrote:

My design is still being designed. The spacer I am designing pushes the manifold away from the head.

This is the one that i saw :)

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

green car wrote:
fiend wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
green car wrote:

Gets a little confusing when you start talking about a product from another thread in a thread which as about a different product...

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

twr7cx wrote:
green car wrote:
fiend wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
green car wrote:

Gets a little confusing when you start talking about a product from another thread in a thread which as about a different product...

Yeahp - Which is why I posted the picture here of what I thought he was talking about... Terribly sorry to butt in on your "splitting the bbm in half" thread, but am damn sure my one is better value all over...!

Anyway, there's a picture. It looks a lot like a manifold gasket (which is fair, because it basically is...!) If I could supply these to you for around $100AU, would you buy them over the ones that cost $150 and only space the top half of the BBM?

By the way - I have a BA instake on mine (under a EF bonnet) and there is no bloody way I could raise the top of the BBM 15mm and shut the lid on it. As it is the standard BA intake duct has worn through the bonnet lining above it!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next