Fordmods Logo

Coolant vanishing 

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Coolant vanishing
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:23 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

So today after pulling the manifolds off etc, all day, it came to the head bolts, what a F**K of a job. They really re defined F**** Tight thats for sure. After trying 3 different socket sets including 6 point hex impact sockets, two different long bars and even vice grips as a last resort, one bolt was stripped and 3 others would not move at all. So a nut was welded ontop of the stripped bolt with a crapload of weld, but the weld broke before the bolt moved at all. So time to get the angle grinder out unfortunatly. Unless anyone has any suggestions? Looks like the car may be off the raod a little longer than planned. Friday jobs... :evil: :evil: :evil:

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

I had to put some pipe (an old closet rail) over my breaker bar to get enough leverage to move some of them - that's 1.5 metres of bar! Unreal! I broke one top quality socket from my ratchet set before buying a set of 6-point impact sockets to finish the job.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:06 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

lol wow, we ended up taking an angle grinder and grinding the four impossible bolts off. Then we found a broken chain guide and worn timing chain so off with the timing cover. What a basterd of a job all this was car was off the road for almost a week. But its all fixed now :D aside from some really nasty chain rattle that i cant find the cause of.. but im gunna do a forum search cos i know ive read something somwhere on here about it.

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3