Fordmods Logo

Cruise Control issue? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Cruise Control issue?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally after months and months of scratching my head and balls the cruise control is finally working. Just changed the switch on the break booster. Works perfectly now:)

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

wild-el wrote:
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally after months and months of scratching my head and balls the cruise control is finally working. Just changed the switch on the break booster. Works perfectly now:)

Wicked im changing the pedal switch tomoz to see if mines shagged, hope so coz its easy!

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

revcore wrote:
I bought a good second hand cruise control module today so tomorrow I'll put it in my EL and see how that goes. I've also heard that the clock spring can also be to blame for the cruise control not working....Anyone else heard that?

That can also happen, however your horn and I think airbag will also be disabled.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Ok FORD FANS, in my particular case it WAS the stupid pedal switch :roll: No cruise control is fixed up and running :mrgreen:

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

My cruise control is up and running now....Sort of.
In the glovebox book it says to turn the cruise on so the light appears on the dash the hit the + SET button to engage the cruise control. With mine I have to hit the - SET button to engage it. I'm thinking someone may have messed with the buttons/wiring at some stage.
I may have to remove the airbag and take a look at the wiring for the cruise control buttons - Maybe even buy a new set of buttons complete with wiring and see how that goes (Mine are light greay so I would want the same).

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

revcore wrote:
In the glovebox book it says to turn the cruise on so the light appears on the dash the hit the + SET button to engage the cruise control. With mine I have to hit the - SET button to engage it. I'm thinking someone may have messed with the buttons/wiring at some stage.
I may have to remove the airbag and take a look at the wiring for the cruise control buttons - Maybe even buy a new set of buttons complete with wiring and see how that goes (Mine are light greay so I would want the same).

Ebay yo! get em quick, get em cheap! :wink:

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

revcore wrote:

Pretty sure that's normal operation mine does that too. You can use both + or - set to engage it. Or does yours only work if u press -?

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xr6_corbin wrote:
revcore wrote:

Pretty sure that's normal operation mine does that too. You can use both + or - set to engage it. Or does yours only work if u press -?

Only thing is I can decrease speed using the - SET button but can't increase speed using + SET.

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:08 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

revcore wrote:
xr6_corbin wrote:
revcore wrote:

Only thing is I can decrease speed using the - SET button but can't increase speed using + SET.

Sounds like your + SET button is bogus...might need to replace just that button...if not, try and fix the button you have. Might be a loose button or broken contacts.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
revcore wrote:
xr6_corbin wrote:
revcore wrote:

Sounds like your + SET button is bogus...might need to replace just that button...if not, try and fix the button you have. Might be a loose button or broken contacts.

I think you might be right there mate. I was reading the doco on how to remove the airbag so I might take a look this arvo if it cools down a bit outside. If the buttons are buggered I might have to replace them....Seen them on ebay but they are usually black, Mine are grey so I'd love to find a grey set in excellent working condition.

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

revcore wrote:
phongus wrote:
revcore wrote:
xr6_corbin wrote:
revcore wrote:

I think you might be right there mate. I was reading the doco on how to remove the airbag so I might take a look this arvo if it cools down a bit outside. If the buttons are buggered I might have to replace them....Seen them on ebay but they are usually black, Mine are grey so I'd love to find a grey set in excellent working condition.

Cant ya just go a lil faster and set it? or doesnt it work like that? If notebay also theres gumtree, if u are in SA there is Athol park Ford wreckers, they have everything...EVERYTHING!

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'm in Mildura, Victoria. There are 3 wreckers yards here, One is totally crap, The other is sort of okay when they have Ford parts in but can be very expensive, The other is pretty good but don't get much new stock in too often.

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

revcore wrote:
I'm in Mildura, Victoria. There are 3 wreckers yards here, One is totally crap, The other is sort of okay when they have Ford parts in but can be very expensive, The other is pretty good but don't get much new stock in too often.

Try a website called "www.findapart.com.au" see what u think of that?
http://www.findapart.com.au/

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

revcore wrote:

Come down to Campbellfield mate you'll be in heaven.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
revcore wrote:

Come down to Campbellfield mate you'll be in heaven.

Pick A Part next to Sims Metal? I use to go there about 4 times a week when I was living in Melbourne.... I love that place.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next