Fordmods Logo

custom i6 upper intake manifold 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: custom i6 upper intake manifold
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

interesting.... whats peoples thoughts??..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-CUSTOM-PLEN ... dZViewItem

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 2288

Joined: 4th Dec 2004

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Can someone explain to me what these actually do for a motor? I have seen a few around but have no idea what it actually does.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 239

Joined: 20th Jan 2007

Ride: Custom Bedford, 79 Firebird

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

from the LOOKS of it, it seems that it will have a large body of air instantly available for combstion. However, this does not necessarily mean there will be enough air pressure to create good low down torque. Without seeing internal design, it is hard to know for sure, though I'd guess it is simply a rectangle that bolts onto the bottom half of your manifold. It would then mean the main benefits of the BBM manifold are gone. Without testing it, or even seeing it physically I cannot predict absolute benefits - however I would guess potential quality gains in the top end(provided your car can provide enough fuel to mix) and a loss of low down pickup. Good luck to whoever buys it, and hopefully it proves me wrong due to some internal flow characteristics that go unseen.

Happy motoring.

 

_________________

Wrecking BA lots of parts available Pictures and prices here
3 Decks with stackers PRICE DROP

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:10 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 70

Joined: 30th Apr 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon X-DEF

Location: Hawksburn, Melbourne
VIC, Australia

From what I understand, such an intake design would be best for a forced induction setup? Someone please correct me if I'm off the track.

Might be worth a look in the forced induction workshop threads.

Cheers.

 

_________________

250ci 4-speed XD S-Pack, XE S-Pack front bar & rear bumper, 14"x7" & 14"x8" Chevoit 5-slotters, 60mm drop, Fairlane interior, Clarion CD tuner, 4" & 6"x9"s, Pioneer amp.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 3277

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

this would only work good in forced cars... NOT n/a ones

 

_________________

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

^^ thought so too... although i missed that statement on the forsale page.. unless it wasnt there...

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

MaTTeB wrote:
from the LOOKS of it, it seems that it will have a large body of air instantly available for combstion. However, this does not necessarily mean there will be enough air pressure to create good low down torque. Without seeing internal design, it is hard to know for sure, though I'd guess it is simply a rectangle that bolts onto the bottom half of your manifold. It would then mean the main benefits of the BBM manifold are gone. Without testing it, or even seeing it physically I cannot predict absolute benefits - however I would guess potential quality gains in the top end(provided your car can provide enough fuel to mix) and a loss of low down pickup. Good luck to whoever buys it, and hopefully it proves me wrong due to some internal flow characteristics that go unseen.

Happy motoring.


^^^ This post made me laugh.

To answer the question though, it is pretty much just to increase the plenum volume for forced induction engines. They dont gain anything from the BBM mechanism anyway.

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
MaTTeB wrote:
from the LOOKS of it, it seems that it will have a large body of air instantly available for combstion. However, this does not necessarily mean there will be enough air pressure to create good low down torque. Without seeing internal design, it is hard to know for sure, though I'd guess it is simply a rectangle that bolts onto the bottom half of your manifold. It would then mean the main benefits of the BBM manifold are gone. Without testing it, or even seeing it physically I cannot predict absolute benefits - however I would guess potential quality gains in the top end(provided your car can provide enough fuel to mix) and a loss of low down pickup. Good luck to whoever buys it, and hopefully it proves me wrong due to some internal flow characteristics that go unseen.

Happy motoring.
yep... xr turbo's dont have BBM mechanism.. just a hollow bbm...

^^^ This post made me laugh.

To answer the question though, it is pretty much just to increase the plenum volume for forced induction engines. They dont gain anything from the BBM mechanism anyway.

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 1880

Joined: 22nd Apr 2005

Ride: ED Futura

Location: Seymour
VIC, Australia

Abit bloody expensive for a couple of pieces of alloy welded together.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 607

Joined: 15th Dec 2004

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Custom plenums over std intake manifolds do make a difference when it comes to forced induction. Its the actual design that makes a difference..
Go have a look at those crazy VL turbos :)

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

stockstandard wrote:
MaTTeB wrote:
from the LOOKS of it, it seems that it will have a large body of air instantly available for combstion. However, this does not necessarily mean there will be enough air pressure to create good low down torque. Without seeing internal design, it is hard to know for sure, though I'd guess it is simply a rectangle that bolts onto the bottom half of your manifold. It would then mean the main benefits of the BBM manifold are gone. Without testing it, or even seeing it physically I cannot predict absolute benefits - however I would guess potential quality gains in the top end(provided your car can provide enough fuel to mix) and a loss of low down pickup. Good luck to whoever buys it, and hopefully it proves me wrong due to some internal flow characteristics that go unseen.

Happy motoring.


^^^ This post made me laugh.

To answer the question though, it is pretty much just to increase the plenum volume for forced induction engines. They dont gain anything from the BBM mechanism anyway.


i tend to agree

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:54 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 239

Joined: 20th Jan 2007

Ride: Custom Bedford, 79 Firebird

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Haha haha
Glad to see I could amuse the simple folk. Hopefully it informed the less simple. If you think there is no benefit to the BBM manifold, unbolt it and put on a log manifold. Then witness your lack of low down torque. Those that have said it'd be better off with forced induction are closest to the mark. As I said, good if you want a large volume of air instantly available. But by all means, put it on your car, for the price and lack of real scientific engineering should be a great addition to total power reduction.

Enjoy

 

_________________

Wrecking BA lots of parts available Pictures and prices here
3 Decks with stackers PRICE DROP

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:32 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 40

Posts: 227

Joined: 21st Jun 2005

Location: Melbourne: Thornbury
VIC, Australia

The ebay seller has a business called "2 high PSI" in moorabbin. I spoke with him recently regarding some other parts. He does alot of turbo conversions apparently. If you are genuinely interested in this part it would be best to speak to him directly.

 

_________________

EA SVO Fairmont Ghia - Recaros, Bilsteins, Sunroof, SVO rims and body kit, Genie headers, DBA rotors. T5 steeda triax short shifter. 3.27 lsd. (EL 4.0 ported/polished, rebuilt and balanced, Dev5 cam. J3 chipped EL ecu, AU injectors).

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 112

Joined: 29th Jul 2007

Ride: EB Falcon

Location: Moruya
NSW, Australia

doofus wrote:
Custom plenums over std intake manifolds do make a difference when it comes to forced induction. Its the actual design that makes a difference..
Go have a look at those crazy VL turbos :)


aww thats wat i was gonna says lol

 

_________________

God made Holdens to keep d**k Heads out of FORDS

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

MaTTeB wrote:
Haha haha
Glad to see I could amuse the simple folk. Hopefully it informed the less simple. If you think there is no benefit to the BBM manifold, unbolt it and put on a log manifold. Then witness your lack of low down torque. Those that have said it'd be better off with forced induction are closest to the mark. As I said, good if you want a large volume of air instantly available. But by all means, put it on your car, for the price and lack of real scientific engineering should be a great addition to total power reduction.

Enjoy


if you read the post he stated the turbo cars dont gain anything from the bbm. Wich is why ford don't fitted the mechanism to the factory turbo engines.

you didn't amuse us because we are simple. you amused us because, by what you posted, you are the simple one. and anyone who ever takes your post for gospal is now infact less informed then they were the 30 seconds befor hand.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names