Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Cylinder Head choice I6
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Hey guys and girls,

I'm thinking about the head in my fairmont, as i'm leaking a lot of oil and burning some as well, i think the valve stem seals are shot. Anyway, i was wondering if it's worth putting on the head from a later engine, say a el or au I6 head, inc cam and valvetrain?

Would it bolt up, to both the block and my EB intake system, or would i have to change the intake as well? Would it be worth it, or should i just get my EB head reco'd?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Buy a latter model engine [EF or EL ] and if you want swap the EB parts over.Then latter convert inlet to work when time and money is available...Chances are timing chain, rear main seals need replacing anyway?
An AU can be done with slight mods to X member or sump...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Good point.

Rear main, very possible, it's either that, the head gaskit or the rocker cover gaskit causing it to leak more oil than a tanker stuck on a reef. lol :oops: Timing chain seems to be working fine for now. There is red " goop " that has oozed from where the head gaskit is, and sticking a feeler gauge in there isn't confidance inspiring........

If i were to think about a whole AU engine, i would rather mod the sump than the Xmember. Less engi hassels.

Say the rear main is in decent enough nick, and the timing chain, and the fact i can get a " good " AU head, complete with valve train for about $295 from the wreckers with a few mths warrenty, seems like a reasonable way to go for now. Considering i don't have too much $$ to throw around atm. Sinking too much into my torana and my house atm. Gotta rebuild the turbo soon, and get a borg warner diff built to replace the old banjo.

I wouldn't be doing this until late spring / early summer tho. Way too busy atm, the ford can leak as much as it wants right now, lol... :roll:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]