Fordmods Logo

dead cylinder ? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: dead cylinder ?
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Pakrat wrote:
Go back to basics, it's had a head gasket done yes? Have you checked cam timing?
Have you checked for a inlet manifold leak? Rocker cover to tb hose split? Other vaccume leaks? The ISC gasket is in good order?
Try swapping out the map with another unit, replaced the fuel filter? Running good fuel? Checked number 5 lead for resistance? Tried swapping plug 5 out?
When you disconect plug 5 does it run worse?

Done all that all leads n plugs are new , fuel tank has been cleaned out plus filled with fresh fuel , new fuel filter plus anther fuel filter changed 3 months later and now again its all clean.

Injectors are all new , plus good comp and all 6 are at 130psi

done all the hose's the inlet manifold is not the best but isnt a source of a leak i believe

so far the vehicle has a flat spot at about 2.5RPM its really gutless but taking of to about 15-20km its fine any more then 1/3 of the throttle its no good

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

My car has the same miss when it's cold, have you checked the inlet manifold gasket? It is the most important gasket besides the head. Have the car running and spray carby cleaner around the manifold/head area, be generous and listen for rev increase.

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

EF_wanabe wrote:
ok the car is still running crap i did a diagnostics's the car seems to idle at about 1200RPM or more even but ive been told it will settle down after a couple tank fulls

now i did a diagnostic and got error 12 and 13 which is ISC , i have cleaned the throttle body about 4 times since having the car handed down to me , and the ISC has been changed to a "new" one when i got it but it says ford on it , so i think dodgy

but it has turned up with error 12 and 13 which is ISC, i got a multimeter and the loom which connects to the ISC is giving out voltage , so i got anther ISC random wreckers one and still no luck

its got power down low but mid range nothing it just bogs down im stumbled

Just becuase it's a fault code for the ISC does not mean the ISC is the problem.
If it's idling to high 9.9 time out of ten with these cars the intake manifold gasket is leaking.
Run the engine hose the gasket area with water, you'll soon know the answer.

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:
ok the car is still running crap i did a diagnostics's the car seems to idle at about 1200RPM or more even but ive been told it will settle down after a couple tank fulls

now i did a diagnostic and got error 12 and 13 which is ISC , i have cleaned the throttle body about 4 times since having the car handed down to me , and the ISC has been changed to a "new" one when i got it but it says ford on it , so i think dodgy

but it has turned up with error 12 and 13 which is ISC, i got a multimeter and the loom which connects to the ISC is giving out voltage , so i got anther ISC random wreckers one and still no luck

Just becuase it's a fault code for the ISC does not mean the ISC is the problem.
If it's idling to high 9.9 time out of ten with these cars the intake manifold gasket is leaking.

Listen for a hissing sucking noise, I use a 2l Coke bottle cos once went over board with the hose and wet everything.

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Pakrat wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

Listen for a hissing sucking noise, I use a 2l Coke bottle cos once went over board with the hose and wet everything.

Yeah I forgot to mention DON'T get the coil wet. I normally use carby cleaner, but water is easy to come by at home.

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Pakrat wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

Yeah I forgot to mention DON'T get the coil wet. I normally use carby cleaner, but water is easy to come by at home.

ok she is running on 6 cylinders now butttt , its now gone gutless from 1200RPM to 2200rpm like a flat spot , im thinking maybe a throttle postion sensor , or map sensor

the 02 has been changed , all leads n plugs , fuel pump but i might do it again dont trust it , and coil is at the top and dizzy all brand new

btw im just guessing the RPM level, but i am installing a police pack (spack) cluster so il now know the revs the next time i take it for a drive

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Pakrat wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

I did it at work on a 3.2 with a porous cap (so I found out) dead set wouldn't start at all Even after I blew out everything, the cap had absorbed water into the plastic ?¿? Haha.

Check the voltage at the tps to test it, should be between .4 and .7 of a volt .... I think. Don't quote me it's been a long, hard, tiring and under quoted day.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Pakrat wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
Pakrat wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

Just because it's a fault code for the ISC does not mean the ISC is the problem.

I did it at work on a 3.2 with a porous cap (so I found out) dead set wouldn't start at all Even after I blew out everything, the cap had absorbed water into the plastic ?¿? Haha.

Check the voltage at the tps to test it, should be between .4 and .7 of a volt .... I think. Don't quote me it's been a long, hard, tiring and under quoted day.

ive custom mounted the coil at the top due to i killed my old one made my spac/fairmont / police cluster a breeze of an install to wire the taco in

also its coming down to fuel pump not providing enough pressure i tried to test it with a engine comp tool yes i know silly but work with what u got and nothing came but it did flow the required amount in the time given in the manual

and TPS im very suspicious on im going to do the test as stated due to i cleaned it n it got better while testing it with multi meter out the car

then map sensor any experience with these any one ?

i know the car for 10-25K km of its life dirty air sucking in so the TB has needed many clean outs since ive owned it but its getting clean the log manifold slowly plus LPG dirtied all the intake

anyone be able to shed some light on the map sensors ?

if not then its a AU or a BA motor but im really wishing i could have this motor last me anther 5 - 7 years i don't drive it AT ALL yet i still change the oil every 3-5 months

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

LPG are usually cleaner inside. Map sensors can stuff up.
Not sure if you're ment to clean or can actually clean the tps.
Could be the fuel pump but you'd expect more power loss then a stumble from 2100-2400rpm.
Take it to ya mechanic and get the fuel pressure and flow measured, takes about 5 mins on these cars.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Pakrat wrote:
LPG are usually cleaner inside. Map sensors can stuff up.
Not sure if you're ment to clean or can actually clean the tps.
Could be the fuel pump but you'd expect more power loss then a stumble from 2100-2400rpm.
Take it to ya mechanic and get the fuel pressure and flow measured, takes about 5 mins on these cars.

No rego plus in S.A mechanics are not so charming i would be cheaper to buy a new fuel pump

hmm might grab a few map sensor's to test,

but the TPS is a $90 part not to keen i will need to test while in car for voltage as stated above just never know could be that

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

just bought a new fuel pump , and will be charging the battery over night inside at 6amp or 12 or 3 not sure yet ,
i got a proper austec charger so il make sure the battery is fully charged with the brand new alternator i got

so when the fuel pump arrives il know its not electrical plus the ECU is all ok took a look at it

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2