Fordmods Logo

Decent Alloy Radiators ? And Hoses ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Decent Alloy Radiators ? And Hoses ?
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

hey everyone i know this may of been asked before but i couldnt find anything on alloys from this fella

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260727250112

its a standard size and comes with a 2yr warranty (i doubt ill do 50,000 in 2yrs) and looks pretty good to alot better than those chinese ones i doubt its going to be as good as PWR but they charge 4x as much so fair is fari there

i dont do anything extreme with the car i just cruise around so pwr seems extreme

and while i have your attention is there anything wrong with silicon radiator hoses ? i ask due to im looking at replacing all my radiator hoses and radiator and even my overflow bottle and im thinking silicone radiator hoses will match well with my eagle eliminator leads and the alloy radiator will go with the polished rocker cover well once ive polished the radiator of course

im going to do the whole cooling system because its all well within age of needing doing and i just recently replaced the water pump due to a failure so i figure make the whole cooling system brand spanking new

Gates also have kits for the cooling hoses etc that include the heater hoses but ive never seen half the hoses (the heater hoses pretty much) so im wondering if someone could tell me were they are so i can work out if i should get the whole gates kit and do the heater hoses as well or if thats recommended and if there is anything else i should check up on while im at any of these things ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: Decent Alloy Radiators ? And Hoses ?
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

hi for what it is worth i have a ef and i not long replaced my radiator and was going to go alloy but from 5 different radiator shops they told me not to use them , something to do with it accelerates the corrosion in these motors not exactly sure what they said but they said for my driving , (which is cruising and sometime giving it a hard time) the standard one is better for life of the motor and radiator and it was cheaper but it is up to you i am just letting you know what i was told

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

well once im off my P's ill be rebuilding the motor with a supercharger and the works so a alloy one might suit that application better im not 100% sure

the copper ones must last a while as my current one has a sticker from 10yrs ago from some radiator place im guessing it was replaced but idk doesnt say what was done

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

yeah it might suit that better , have a talk to a couple of radiator shops , i found the small independent shops more help full then the bigger chain shops they just tried to sell me the most expensive one . i was just letting you know what i was told

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

$240 will get you a Repco branded radiator over the counter, and comed with same warranty

would be alot easier & convienent to deal with repco, rather than an ebay seller

having said that, repco wanted $300 for an AU V8 radiator, so i was forced to buy a no-name one off ebay for $200 inc post with 2 year warranty

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

repco seem to have some good stuff no question

but i would rather a alloy one if thats possible

i would like to talk to a rad shop but im not mates with any rad shop owners or workers so i cant say for sure who i could trust

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

i have an ebay 52mm polished tank alloy rad,ebay red silicone hoses,ebay slotted & crossdrilled rotors.
the car never lifts above the bottom line on the temp guage including towing and traffic also brakes perfect .(went all the way up to r/m in traffic before )
i am even changing back to the original 82 degree thermostat to warm it up better.
gotta love ebay
could i known then what i know now,
i would have paid extra 15 bucks and got the better 4 ply hoses which come with breather pipes from in a kit from pole position auto if they still around..
just for wangk factor

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ive heard ASI make decent Chinese radiators and they have a warehouse in Australia is thats the one you got mystro ?

my dad has got one for his ute a 52MM 3core he hasnt used it yet as he has to build the motor yet its looks alright for the price but i would prefer the iquay one from ebay as its a standard size and looks better with the welds

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

exactly.
had to take a bit of plastic off the thermos to make it fit better .
no complaints at all. :D

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:06 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF falcon

New Zealand

im also looking at getting a new radiator (full alloy) , i accidently snapped of the return nozzle to the overflow bottle( been told could get plastic weld but id rather not) so am currently on the hunt for a new one. iv heard good things about the all alloy rads, but the only problem is, the guy im looking to buy off, dosnt know if AT vechiles carry the same rad as a MT vechile. could anyone shine some light on this for me??? i need to purchase asap but dont want a rad that wont fit. also do these aftermarket rads still fit in car with existing pipes and bolts, and do the dual fans still bolt on?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]