Fordmods Logo

Differences in EBII Fairmont and Fairmont Ghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Differences in EBII Fairmont and Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I've recently acquired an EB II Ghia wreck and the plan is to transfer all the Ghia spec stuff over to my EB II Fairmont, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything!! I know the Ghia's come with all the obvious stuff like:

Recaro seats, leather wheel, woodgrain door trims, Premium sound and the colour coded exterior.

Then I started noticing subtle things that I can't find resources for online such as lit keyholes in the doorhandles, dual tone horn, superior boot carpet and I think I heard the cluster make a chiming sound even? Is the ECU different??

Would be good if there was an online parts database or something to make sure I get every single Ghia part off the thing haha. Have I missed anything??

Post subject: Re: Differences in EBII Fairmont and Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:22 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: AUIII XR8

VIC, Australia

On eBay you can get the spares catalogue for EA to ED..will have all the parts listed for all models.
Probably the only place, these days, were you can identify the variations (although the spares will not advise on what was actually different).
The other source would be the wiring diagrams (the Ford issued ones, not the Emery, Gregories, etc rubbish).
The ECUs are the same.
The chimes come from the Trip meter unit (lower spec models had a clock in that location).

These was a wrecker in Melb in Cheltenham (or there abouts) called Fairmonts Gear who had all the bits and knowledge on the models variants...not sure if they are still going.

Hope that helps.

Post subject: Re: Differences in EBII Fairmont and Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

I'm not sure on the boot carpet but I reckon there would be no difference. Fairmont had the dual tone horn, I wrecked an ED Fairmont recently that had the illuminated key barrels too.

What you have listed would be just about it. Check for alloy tailshaft and 3.27 LSD in the Ghia, and it may have a factory trans cooler.

I'd rather have a Fairmont these days, the cheap leather Ford used hasn't aged well and colour coded box cars look retarded.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]