Page 7 of 7 [ 94 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post subject: Re: Disgraceful Drag
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Im using the BF XR6T injectors with standard pump and reg and its dyno tuned with SCT chip. I cant run vpower in my car it runs like crap and revs up slow.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

p****d'N'broke wrote:
i had 2 races at 2 sets of lights in a row the other night with a white EL with 17"s and monster tacho and the works and my busted a** ED has 17"s and a huge exhaust leak, CAI and no front bar and i blitz'd him 2 times to about 120. i thought ef/el's went abit better than a 350K + ED......

where exactly did your "busted a$$ ed" "blitz'd" twice???

seriously dude, illegal street racing along with your sick C*** doesn't flow very well.. not only here but in most places where normal people are present..

this thread is a crock of s**t..
my car bet his, this car bet that..
1 despite the fact that no one cares, you can race 100 times with every variable being the same and have different results every time..
they all go like s**t standard which explains why the race can go either way..

i vote this thread gets closed

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

This thread has been going four years and counting and is only five pages long. It should be renamed "fuel economy" and "tuning" or something. Would that sort it?

Anyway, just to keep on topic --- I just had a legal street race with an old Skyline and the Skyline driver now has a grudging respect for the big Fords. Fifteen minutes ago he had no respect at all for big Fords, he now can stop telling his mates how special his Nissan is and have a small dose of humble pie. The two big black snakey lines and tyre smoke must have put him off or blurred his vision or something, coz he wasn't catching me. So I have now proven, beyond doubt, that an EF Wagon is about the same speed as a Skyline with a big blow off valve and two blokes in it.
:lol:

And - completely legal, 100% the whole time. Something to be said for shortcuts that aren't so much public road....

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

p****d'N'broke wrote:
he was definatly flat to the floor trying. his car seemed though it was short shifting and mine was shifting about 2 grand higher. i had the power switch flicked and maybe he was kicking around in economy? also my car was completely empty while his sounded like he had a boot full of stereo goodies

Omg.

Are you sure this guy was actually racing? Maybe he hadn't actually noticed you were racing? Maybe he was content to "stick with you" and short shift just to see what your car had (or didn't)?

2 grand is an awful lot of rev's to give up if you're "racing" mate. It just makes absolutely zero sense.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 7  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7