Fordmods Logo

DOHC CONVERSION INTO ED 

Page 7 of 12 [ 168 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: DOHC CONVERSION INTO ED
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ed xr6 with bf turbo everything

WA, Australia

Hybrid_EF wrote:
so basically all u did was rip everything electrical out of the ba donor car and transplanted it into the ed?

could u have gotten away with using the ed ign barrel and keys? or u had to change it simply to use the ba BCM to bypass the immobilizer system...

there needs to be more info on this lol

mate top job...i wanna do the same thing...ba dash and all...with ur permission ofcourse :P

cheers yep a complete swap, only thing that needed to be spliced was head/tail lights boot release fuel cap release, elec windows and central locking (however i am looking at transplanting the locks also =)
im sure you could get away with the ed ign barrel etc, however i dont think its worth trying at all, would be difficult. plus the ba collumn bolts into the dash so its just easier to bolt up then plug and play.
your welcome to go ahead and do this yourself the more the merrier i think!
this does need alot more info however if you have any questions ill be happy to answer so fire away.
cheers Jesse

Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Just a quick post on the progress, unfortunately my phone stuffed up for a while during the prepping stages and i lost all the photos, just got my old phone working again so heres a few pics of where the car is at now.
all that is left to do is put in the pacemaker axtractors, highflow cat, 4" 45 degree tip for the exhaust.
going to the motor trimmers to have the parcel shelf and roofliner retrimmed in black.
tinted windows
and ive got a dual climate 6 stacker unit to install also. plus new speakers
since my last post ive added full electric bf xr doortrims and instrument cluster, top of the range alarm system. au carpet and installed pedders lowered springs and shocks all round.
all registerd ready to go once those last things are done.
ill update the pics as the build comes to an end.
cheers Jesse

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

few more pics with exhaust and some other stuff fitted, all thats left is the icc swap and hood liner to be retrimmed.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EA Falcon & G220 Lane

WA, Australia

could you please post couple of shots on the door trims and how they fit?

just lined up some AU trims to my EA and there is roughly 2in of exposed door unless they made the BA trims longer then just cant see how it fits correctly(understand that its not a direct fit like a proper Eseries trim)

4.0lt Balanced Bottom End, ACL Race Internals, Rspec4 Cam, BPT Swichchip, PH4480, 2.5' Lukey, Scorcher Bodykit, T5 Manual
237RWHP

frd906 wrote:
LOLLOLLOLLOLOLLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

biggav wrote:
could you please post couple of shots on the door trims and how they fit?

just lined up some AU trims to my EA and there is roughly 2in of exposed door unless they made the BA trims longer then just cant see how it fits correctly(understand that its not a direct fit like a proper Eseries trim)

yeah ill post some up when i get it back from the motor trimmers, as for your au trims they will virtually be the same shape as a ba trim, one person who had done this conversion also, welded the inner skin of the au doors to the e series door so that he could mount the BA trims perfectly. alot of work for nearly the same result. get your hands onto some ef el plastics that clip the trim and the the door together ( black part that runs along the window) you can use them on the au trim and then clip them into the ea door, then you will have the top of th trim secure thats the best way to start, you will then need to cut off anything that stops the trim from sitting flush to the door. once you have the trim where you want it you can mark it out so you can remove it and put it back in the same position. then drill some holes into the door so you can fix the trim in with screws the same way the ea trim does. check the hole where your handle goes and if there is any of the ea door in the way it will need to be marked out and cut off, watching you dont remove vital bolts for you window mechanisms. as for the remaining ea door that is exposed you will need to make up a custom bit of board, i havent done this yet but i will be using the stuff from behind the seats in a ba ute, got alot of it spare and is handy to use for things like this, hope that helps a bit, one ive got some photos up i should be able to make some more sense of it all.
cheers Jesse

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

thanks mate

wasnt happy that could see bout 3-4in of exposed door when fitted the AU one up so bailed on that idea for now but will hang to see how yours turned out.

4.0lt Balanced Bottom End, ACL Race Internals, Rspec4 Cam, BPT Swichchip, PH4480, 2.5' Lukey, Scorcher Bodykit, T5 Manual
237RWHP

frd906 wrote:

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

yeah its not the best look but i think with a bit of work you can make it look good, plenty of ways around it. should have the car back tuesday so will put some pics up then.
cheers

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

ok heres some more random photos, got some pics of the door trims fitted hope they help, yes i have fitted an intercooler to my N/A car.... planning on putting in an xrt when i find one for the right price and get a bit more time on my hands,
ba bulge is cracked already but ive currently got an engineer making me a full steel version that should be ready in a week or two i hope, so if anyone is inerested in a cracked fibreglassed ea/ba xr8 hood let me know.
one small mod i added to the car that i think is a must for all e series is the black ba door rubbers heaps better then the grey ones..... some pics of the au moulded carpets too
all the trimming is done in black now including the parcel shelf, just got to fit up the 6stacker now.

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

spectacular,

so whats next?

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

how much you chasing for that bonnet?

cheers for the pics on the door trims exactly the same as the AU ones left that exposed part of the door at the trailing (b pillar) end.

you got rid of the grey pinch weld and replaced it with BA items hey... interesting?

237RWHP

frd906 wrote:

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

whats next is a full going over on the suspension and driveline make sure everything is working 100% at the moment alot of the bushes are chewed up and theres a slight vibration when i take my foot off the pedal, might be the uni's but there is some play in the diff also so thats priority at the moment, but after that it will be the turbo conversion.
200 for the bonnet, its far from perfect but someone with experience in panel beating and fibreglass should be able to get a better result then i have :lol:
yeah i assumed the au trim would have a similar shape to the ba, ill post pics up of them once ive trimmed the edges up to hide the door.
really happy with the pinch weld swap such a small thing, didnt think it would make much of a difference but it actually looks a whole lot nicer plus the added waterproofing too.
added some piping to the cooler today so it atleast looks the part.

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Falcon

VIC, Australia

s**t its come along way...yeah ive decided im going to be throwing the dohc into the ef...ive also stolen the idea of the ba bulge...oops...lol...well done

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Hybrid_EF wrote:
s**t its come along way...yeah ive decided im going to be throwing the dohc into the ef...ive also stolen the idea of the ba bulge...oops...lol...well done

good stuff the more the merrier! just sourced a typhoon motor, turbo, and 6spd manual plus all the extras........ :D
cheers Jesse

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

phoon motor came out of a p-platers car so i gave that one a miss, got my hands on a ba mk2 xr6t though! real clean and seems like it was looked after, just need to wait for a auto loom and pcm as this is out of a manual.
will get some photos up soon, broke my phone again :shock: .
cheers Jesse

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

turbos in all wired just off to the engineers to get piped up, new exhaust and then ford for a reset.

so i now have a ba xt engine for sale, has done 230,000 on the clock still runs well. there is a harness with it but its been chopped up a fair bit as i used it as a donor for some extra bits on the turbo engine. the rocker cover is dirty due to it pressing up against the cover under the bonnet. brand new water pump, near new altenator. comes with ps pump also.
also for sale is a set of pacemaker extractors to suit the ba (done about 5000ks since new), plus a complete custom 2.5" system wich will fit any e-series with a ba/bf engine, includes 2.5" stainless steel high flow cat (Loboka) only have a photo of the exhaust tip for the back section as the is still on the car.
$200 for the engine + altenator etc...
$250 for the extractors
$250 for the exhaust and cat
OR $600 for the lot
feel free to call on 0416741466

cheers Jesse

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 12  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next