Fordmods Logo

DRONE!!!! 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 164

Joined: 17th Oct 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF FAIRMONT GHIA 125kw

Location: mildura
VIC, Australia

he guys got a lukey cat back. turbo muffler. and it drone like a b**ch around 1500-2000rpm any ideas to stop or cut back the droning.. i was think hotdog maybe help please. i also have pacey 4499 and just factory cat...its an auto too :S

 

_________________

OMG DOSE IT ULAY
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 747

Joined: 16th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU2 75th Anniversary Futura

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

IamSteve wrote:
he guys got a lukey cat back. turbo muffler. and it drone like a b**ch around 1500-2000rpm any ideas to stop or cut back the droning.. i was think hotdog maybe help please. i also have pacey 4499 and just factory cat...its an auto too :S


Add a resi in the tail pipe section. That should remove most of the drone.

 

_________________

Cheers
Shav

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 164

Joined: 17th Oct 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF FAIRMONT GHIA 125kw

Location: mildura
VIC, Australia

cheers man.. will that make it have a little more quite note too??

 

_________________

OMG DOSE IT ULAY
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 747

Joined: 16th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU2 75th Anniversary Futura

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

IamSteve wrote:
cheers man.. will that make it have a little more quite note too??


It will reduce some of the noise (Db) level. But most importantly it will take out the drone that you want. You should still be able to tell its an aftermarket exhaust.

 

_________________

Cheers
Shav

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 164

Joined: 17th Oct 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF FAIRMONT GHIA 125kw

Location: mildura
VIC, Australia

nice i've been having a look a some hotdogs and there are different body lenghts 12" 14" and 16" do you think that the 16" (giggidy) will be ok

 

_________________

OMG DOSE IT ULAY
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 747

Joined: 16th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU2 75th Anniversary Futura

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

IamSteve wrote:
nice i've been having a look a some hotdogs and there are different body lenghts 12" 14" and 16" do you think that the 16" (giggidy) will be ok


if you plan on fitting a hot dog in the tail pipe section, then a 12" would be too big. You would be better off with a small glass pack resi for the tailpipe section.

If you plan on fitting a hot dog before the muffler in the straight section but after the cat, then I personally think a 12" hot dog will suffice. The bigger the muffler/hot dog, the more noise it will reduce.

 

_________________

Cheers
Shav

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 164

Joined: 17th Oct 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF FAIRMONT GHIA 125kw

Location: mildura
VIC, Australia

shav wrote:
IamSteve wrote:
nice i've been having a look a some hotdogs and there are different body lenghts 12" 14" and 16" do you think that the 16" (giggidy) will be ok


if you plan on fitting a hot dog in the tail pipe section, then a 12" would be too big. You would be better off with a small glass pack resi for the tailpipe section.

If you plan on fitting a hot dog before the muffler in the straight section but after the cat, then I personally think a 12" hot dog will suffice. The bigger the muffler/hot dog, the more noise it will reduce.


you think by have the hotdog before the muffler it will still drone?

 

_________________

OMG DOSE IT ULAY
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 747

Joined: 16th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU2 75th Anniversary Futura

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

IamSteve wrote:
shav wrote:
IamSteve wrote:
nice i've been having a look a some hotdogs and there are different body lenghts 12" 14" and 16" do you think that the 16" (giggidy) will be ok


if you plan on fitting a hot dog in the tail pipe section, then a 12" would be too big. You would be better off with a small glass pack resi for the tailpipe section.

If you plan on fitting a hot dog before the muffler in the straight section but after the cat, then I personally think a 12" hot dog will suffice. The bigger the muffler/hot dog, the more noise it will reduce.


you think by have the hotdog before the muffler it will still drone?


no it should remove some of the drone, but a rear resi in the tail pipe will do a better job IMO.

 

_________________

Cheers
Shav

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 164

Joined: 17th Oct 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF FAIRMONT GHIA 125kw

Location: mildura
VIC, Australia

ok cheers thanks man rear resi in tail pipe should help..would u know how much one would set me back

 

_________________

OMG DOSE IT ULAY
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 747

Joined: 16th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU2 75th Anniversary Futura

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

IamSteve wrote:
ok cheers thanks man rear resi in tail pipe should help..would u know how much one would set me back


Shouldnt be much. Shop around. You'll find prices start from $40-100. Just make sure you tell the exhaust mob what you want to achieve.

 

_________________

Cheers
Shav

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 164

Joined: 17th Oct 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF FAIRMONT GHIA 125kw

Location: mildura
VIC, Australia

thx shav for all the help man :D

 

_________________

OMG DOSE IT ULAY
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 747

Joined: 16th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU2 75th Anniversary Futura

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

no probs man. Just get the exhaust mob to confirm price prior to fitting thats all. Sometimes certain mobs can be sneaky and tell you one price, then slug you for another. All the best :wink:

 

_________________

Cheers
Shav

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:14 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 276

Joined: 14th Apr 2009

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I had a BA with droning problems, they went away after the extractors were put on. Honestly, save you money put some extractors on and then see how it sounds after that. You could spend hundreds on mufflers tryin to make it sound good when all you might have to do is fit some extractors.

 

_________________

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 276

Joined: 14th Apr 2009

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Wait i just saw that you already have extractors, ignore the last post.

 

_________________

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DRONE!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 407

Joined: 29th May 2008

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

1. Ditch the Lukey.
2. Get a Redback. 2.5" single muffler setups go cheap on eBay and sound great.

 

_________________

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:27 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names