Fordmods Logo

droped something into my sump doing head gasket... 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: droped something into my sump doing head gasket...
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BLOWN 347 EB GT/ BF XR6 TURBO

Power: 345 rwkw

NSW, Australia

dude i would be very worried about a big flat razor blade it will block the pick up screen and starve your engine of oil on a hot summers day a razor blade will one day block half your pick up and there goes your bearings :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

MY CAR PLZ TAKE A LOOK forums/xtt909-update-t66227.html

DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DAZZLE, EBI347, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN ,SWC, XTT909

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

XTT909 wrote:
dude i would be very worried about a big flat razor blade it will block the pick up screen and starve your engine of oil on a hot summers day a razor blade will one day block half your pick up and there goes your bearings :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

if its laying flat on the bottom of the sump it wont come up. unless you oil pick-up preetymuch sucks the bottom of the sump into itself.. then you have more issues..

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 93 ed fairmont ghia

NSW, Australia

yeah i dont think it would get stuck on the pick up, i was just worried about it possibly getting in the way of the crank or other moving bits. espically now that the magnetic tool broke in there aswell. but i think i might pull it offf anyway and change the gasket, its weaping a bit and since i have half my motor pulled apart anyway i may aswell do it properly, my head is in getting ported and polished so i think i may aswell chage the gasket and get it out, even tho its a C*** of a job.... :evil:

ED Fairmont Ghia. t5 conversion w h/d exedy, 3:45:1 lsd, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" custom exhaust, waggott cam,K&N high flow panel filter, TI performance chip w/ 4 tune switch(2 ED, 2 EL tunes) king 18's, el thermo fan w/ Davis Craig switch. 5000K hids,led lighting, doof box in boot.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

c james wrote:
yeah i dont think it would get stuck on the pick up, i was just worried about it possibly getting in the way of the crank or other moving bits. espically now that the magnetic tool broke in there aswell. but i think i might pull it offf anyway and change the gasket, its weaping a bit and since i have half my motor pulled apart anyway i may aswell do it properly, my head is in getting ported and polished so i think i may aswell chage the gasket and get it out, even tho its a C*** of a job.... :evil:

Yeah it'll probably be fine, but it's not really hard to change it, so I'd probably do that, I reckon it's easier to pull the motor than the K frame but it's up to you.

PS: This is my 500th post! YAY

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

Gab1 wrote:
c james wrote:

Yeah it'll probably be fine, but it's not really hard to change it, so I'd probably do that, I reckon it's easier to pull the motor than the K frame but it's up to you.

PS: This is my 500th post! YAY

just think.. your only 990000 posts behind disco frank. :lol: :lol:

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

yeah i think i am going to pull the motor up rather than drop the k frame, seems easier...

ED Fairmont Ghia. t5 conversion w h/d exedy, 3:45:1 lsd, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" custom exhaust, waggott cam,K&N high flow panel filter, TI performance chip w/ 4 tune switch(2 ED, 2 EL tunes) king 18's, el thermo fan w/ Davis Craig switch. 5000K hids,led lighting, doof box in boot.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

ok so removing the sump is something i never want to do ever again. haha. its all done now, head gasket is in. as really rattly when i first started it, probably due to my head being serviced and having nill oil on it, drove it for 1km and it stoped. good as new

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2