Fordmods Logo

Dual Exhaust on BF II - Loss of Power? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Dual Exhaust on BF II - Loss of Power?
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

You wont loose power, but you will loose performance, just simply from the extra weight of the doubled-up piping

I find it funny that exhaust fitters, which requires no experience in anything, are suddenly experts on fluid dynamics and gas velocity after starting the job :lol:

I think you will find that a quality system, of smaller diameter, will generally flow better, and give more power, than a s**t backyard large diameter twin system.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Sturmovik wrote:
You wont loose power, but you will loose performance, just simply from the extra weight of the doubled-up piping

I find it funny that exhaust fitters, which requires no experience in anything, are suddenly experts on fluid dynamics and gas velocity after starting the job :lol:

I think you will find that a quality system, of smaller diameter, will generally flow better, and give more power, than a s**t backyard large diameter twin system.

I think you'll find about 2hp difference between the best and worst quality off the shelf systems. (given like muffler design) the noise would differ a bit more.
As ALL of them are just a 2.5inch bit of pipe bent to fit under a falcon with a muffler or two jammed in there.

How many people here have any practical experience with exhaust systems?
(and i'm not talking about buying a premade system and bolting it one. I also don't mean who has worked in an exhaust shop)
I'm talking about actually sitting down designing and building the system and then proving the results through what ever means.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

I was going to reply to this thread, but then I couldn't be f**k, looks like the pro's are all over it.

Nathfox wrote:
you need that pressure in there.

FAST-XR wrote:
back pressure is caused by restriction, so if you want air speed through your exhaust your going to introduce turbulance, which is going to add back pressure.... one is related to the other

Nathfox wrote:
I've got my bible, it's a bommadore magazine :oops: :lol:

FAST-XR wrote:
id like to see a 100rwkw v6 improve its performace by adding a 3" exhaust

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2