Fordmods Logo

Dual Fuel EF won't run on petrol but runs ex on lpg. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Dual Fuel EF won't run on petrol but runs ex on lpg.
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Wagon Factory gas/fuel

QLD, Australia

First time user and need a little help. Have recently purchased a 95 EF wagon with the tickford gas fitted. Car runs excellent on lpg (8.9 lts/100ks on a recent trip to Brissie),but will not run on petrol.It Tries to start and did idle (although rough) then died. Have replaced BEM and have central locking and interior light working, although am having a little trouble syncing the keypad to the BEM. Fuel pump and internal filter have been replaced. The car has serious k's 393200, but runs beautiful and drives very well. Head has been done and the auto was replaced about 45,000 k's ago. Hope somebody can help. :? :?

Post subject: Re: Dual Fuel EF won't run on petrol but runs ex on lpg.
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

if it hasn't run on petrol for a long time, there's a very good possibility it has blocked injectors. Also make sure that your Gas wiring is allowing the fuel pump to run when it's switched to petrol, get a mate to listen for the fuel pump when you turn it to ignition, the fuel pump should operate for 10 seconds, and then stop. is the Relay working? Hope this helps.

Gab

EDIT: Welcome to Fordmods mate !

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Wagon Factory gas/fuel

QLD, Australia

Just a bit of an update on my ef that would not run on petrol. About 2 weeks after my last post she had a major hissy fit and refused to start on gas. After having a tantrum myself I changed the BEM for the original unit and off she goes perfectly. Has been running great but still didn't like the taste of petrol. Fuel guage didn't work, when pump was removed from the tank the sender was very stuffed. However the previous owner had replaced the pump with a new unit. Replaced with another unit out of an ed wagon. Sender still had issues so I didn"t go any further. But wnen I had the gas unit certified for rego my mechanic Kel's Auto Gas asked me to try starting on petrol. I told him it was a waste of time but he said he wanted to feel if the injectors were pulsing. I switched to petrol and hit he key and without a fuss was happy to sit there and idle. Took car for test and ran fine on either fuels. Still cannot sync the smartkey fob as I don't have a boot switch, Any ideas could help. :? :? :? :?

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:06 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Use the demist s/w, not the boot s/w.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:05 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: el fairmont

QLD, Australia

Boot switch is for eb ed ef el turn on ignition press demist 3 times when door locks cycle press & hold remote button until door locks cycle again ,switch off key "done"

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]