Fordmods Logo

DUMP TIPS EACH SIDE EF EL FALCON? HELP! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: DUMP TIPS EACH SIDE EF EL FALCON? HELP!
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:42 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1998 EL Ford Futura

VIC, Australia

I'm looking at putting twin dump tips at each side of the bar on my EL FUTURA, instead of just on the right. The only problem i'm having is the fuel tank is so close, and there's hardly any room. You could probably route the pipe up behind the rear bar and insulate it?

Has anyone done this before? Help? Ideas?

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post subject: Re: DUMP TIPS EACH SIDE EF EL FALCON? HELP!
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

as long as you had heat sheilding so you dont melt the tank or the bar, but it still may be a bad idea, not sure how hot the exhaust would get

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

SA, Australia

i plan on doing this to my project NC fairlane
but im taking the the fuel tank out and putting a fuel cell in so ill have more then enough room :lol:

im pretty sure someone on here has done it before although it could have been a wagon :?:

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

a car that is dedicated gas could be done because you would remove the fuel tank and the gas tank is in the boot

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

It can be done by going around the front of the tank and than along the side like a normal tail pipe. I have seen it done but you need to shield the tank and lines and filler and its tight on a sedan. If its a wagon then its actually not that hard and you can get away little to no shielding. If you do do it I would just wrap and sheild anything and everything especially on a sedan

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Has been done. Previous owner of my EF body kit had it done. There is a y piece before the right side of the bumper and a smaller (I think it was a 2") exhaust running behind the bar. It was heat shielded and the smallest clearance from the fuel tank was about an inch or so. So not much room to play with behind the bumper and it does get warmer back there. The fuel tank didn't melt or show any signs of melting. Bumper looked fine, no cracking/fading/blistering of paint on the bar. If you are concerned, you can double wrap the exhaust or add a layer of heat shielding on the tank and bar.

Besides it looking reasonable better than a single exhaust, there isn't much advantage to doing a dual exhaust. I may be wrong, but doing a dual exhaust can render the car illegal...something to do with clearances of tank from hot surfaces?

Also...if you have a tow bar, it won't work...if you plan on putting a tow bar in the future, you'll have a hole on the left side of the bumper.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon

VIC, Australia

I was going to do it to my car, I am running dual fuel at the moment though. You can fit the pipe in there if you have no towbar. But the main problem I can see, and the reason that I didnt do it is what if you get rear ended? Even a small tap will push you hot exhaust into your plastic fuel tank, and thats something that really worries me. In the end I just decided to fake it until I ditch the fuel tank and either go straight gas or get a smaller fuel cell under there.

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

SA, Australia

rainoffire wrote:
I was going to do it to my car, I am running dual fuel at the moment though. You can fit the pipe in there if you have no towbar. But the main problem I can see, and the reason that I didnt do it is what if you get rear ended? Even a small tap will push you hot exhaust into your plastic fuel tank, and thats something that really worries me. In the end I just decided to fake it until I ditch the fuel tank and either go straight gas or get a smaller fuel cell under there.

hey that looks preety dam sweet may have to think about doing that to my xr too now :twisted:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]