Dyno Figures for EL XR6 with extractors and exhaust 

Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
If a falcon I owned pulled 140 with only exhaust and intake mods i would demand my money back from the dyno shop.

hahahaha...

That is an actual printout from an actual dyno shop...

But you are starting to spoil my fun a little...

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

well the guy with the 250hp ED.. did 180+hp atw with just extractors and exhaust.. which is 135+kw

why does everyone have to call s**t on everyone else?

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Eu-GenixX wrote:
why does everyone have to call s**t on everyone else?

Its not so much calling s**t on someone, its just that some dyno's are more generous than others so there will be a range of opinions that are all correct.

I think we all know not to take dyno numbers too seriously.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:22 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

he did say he based his opinion on figures he'd seen on certain dyno's.. but everyone called him a tool..

as ppl have said many times... dyno is a tuning tool..

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:50 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

That must have been on shootout mode very happy dyno, santa claus dyno

Thats a great number but highly improbable. Im sorry the underbonnet shot doesnt show the cam and headwork you have done. :wink: Im no fool.

I got myself a EL ghia with the same setup, ill whip it on a real dyno and test my numbers. Mine goes hard but I dont reckon it would pull 135rwkw. If mine pulls 135rwkw ill have to send you some money to buy a box of beer and ill apologise

If it doesnt I reckon your bluffing these good people. i bet you have a cam.

Dont beleive his mods and dyno sheet, if you do then your probably one of those people that watch infomercials in the middle of the night and buy s**t ab machines. All smoke and mirrors.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:36 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
That must have been on shootout mode very happy dyno, santa claus dyno

Thats a great number but highly improbable. Im sorry the underbonnet shot doesnt show the cam and headwork you have done. :wink: Im no fool.

I got myself a EL ghia with the same setup, ill whip it on a real dyno and test my numbers. Mine goes hard but I dont reckon it would pull 135rwkw. If mine pulls 135rwkw ill have to send you some money to buy a box of beer and ill apologise

If it doesnt I reckon your bluffing these good people. i bet you have a cam.

Dont beleive his mods and dyno sheet, if you do then your probably one of those people that watch infomercials in the middle of the night and buy s**t ab machines. All smoke and mirrors.

Hahahaha... Had to try and find something hey... Good try, but no go.

In 2004 it was a hybrid EL, as it had a 96DT AU head, and therefore no aftermarket workable cams available. So it was completely stock apart from exhaust and extractors, with about 110,000km on the odo.

But now it has a 94DT head (still no headwork) and an aftermarket cam... But only a 1636, so nothing big.

So when that dyno run was taken, she was esentially a stocker.

And yes, you are a fool... Try again!

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:45 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Like I said cam.

Did i expose your underbelly? haha

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:10 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

I think the only thing that has been exposed is the fact you are illiterate as well as dumb.

Read it again stupid. There were no cams available for my car in 2004 when the dyno run was done, so it was using a stock cam. In late 2005 a 94DT head was fitted which allowed me to fit an aftermaket cam, until then, the engine internals were stock.

So fool... Try again!

But not that it matters, as Eu-GenixX has picked it with:

Eu-GenixX wrote:
he did say he based his opinion on figures he'd seen on certain dyno's.. but everyone called him a tool..

On that same day a complete stock (ie stock with stock exhaust and manifolds) did a 120.something rwkw.

I was simply playing a number and percentages game with the figure I picked. Seeing as macca20042's car did 115rwkw previously, and most of us would say here that it was slightly above the standard XR6 figure of 105-110, and thats when they were new. So if it managed a 115, chances are it was on a Shootout mode or a generous dyno, and therefore if he went to the same dyno, I assumed that it would get mutually generous figure once again.

stockstandard wrote:

Then humor me when I ask why is your dyno figure so proudly displayed in your signature, in a font larger than the rest of the text, in a rather large graphic? Oh and why is it in HP, not KW? We are in Australia if I remember correctly, the land of the metric.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

arm79 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

Then humor me when I ask why is your dyno figure so proudly displayed in your signature, in a font larger than the rest of the text, in a rather large graphic? Oh and why is it in HP, not KW? We are in Australia if I remember correctly, the land of the metric.

Its not a dyno figure, just a rough indication of what the engine would get (Im sure you can see from its vagueness how seriously I take it)

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
arm79 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

Its not a dyno figure, just a rough indication of what the engine would get (Im sure you can see from its vagueness how seriously I take it)

I don’t doubt your dyno numbers as you list the mods and the 200rwhp is on the money I reckon. Injectors, cam etc etc. Fair enough.

But the bloke who reckons he will pull 140rwkw or 190rwhp with just an exhaust, hes dreamin. Hahahahaha. That’s 10rwhp short of your car with bugger all mods. Whos the dreamer?????

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
arm79 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

I don’t doubt your dyno numbers as you list the mods and the 200rwhp is on the money I reckon. Injectors, cam etc etc. Fair enough.

But the bloke who reckons he will pull 140rwkw or 190rwhp with just an exhaust, hes dreamin. Hahahahaha. That’s 10rwhp short of your car with bugger all mods. Whos the dreamer?????

He isnt the dreamer - he has a very real dyno to show. Its the same old story about different dynos different numbers...

The only thing I dont agree with is the 25rwkw gain from the exhaust, but then again some dyno's might show that much of a gain. All I would say is that even if the dyno does show 25rwkw, it is more like 10 maybe 15.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
arm79 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

See... The fun thing is, I know that figure is f**k. I never ever quote it. I only ever quote the 120rwkw figure I normally get.

It was to prove a point. And the point simply being that you (and a few others) critcised my estimate, but I was able to provide proof as to why I picked those numbers. If I'm wrong, so be it. But if I'm right, or close to right, then yay for me.

But I do marvel at your ability have someone provide you with a logical answer, then turn it into a joke and ridicule because that minute brain of yours has nothing left to fight back with.

And I am sure that if the dyno your beloved LS1 went on was handing out generous figures that day, it would unquestionably be in your signature. Probably in bold. And if anyone questioned it, you'd be on their back screaming murder. As we know, your cheqeue book never lies hey.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
He isnt the dreamer - he has a very real dyno to show. Its the same old story about different dynos different numbers...

The only thing I dont agree with is the 25rwkw gain from the exhaust, but then again some dyno's might show that much of a gain. All I would say is that even if the dyno does show 25rwkw, it is more like 10 maybe 15.

A man with brains.

As I said, I'm working on numbers and percentages here. While in reality it would never be 25rwkw (more like 10/15 as you say), what do you tell the poor bloke that his 115 may only translate to 120 or so $1000 later. :?

Its also why I put in my first post "if he goes back to the same dyno". :wink:

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

It is you who distorts the issue and muddies the waters.

25rwkw is not acheivable with an exhaust. Im assuming your standard system is in reasonable condition
So if your car made 115rwkw then if you get 125rwkw be happy. not gonna see 140.

Only if your exhaust is buggered and your starting with 100 rwkw then maybe you will get to 125rwkw.

Honestly i reckon you backpedalling because i cought you with your pants down about having a cam as well.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:47 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
It is you who distorts the issue and muddies the waters.

I dont think so

EB V8 wrote:
25rwkw is not acheivable with an exhaust. Im assuming your standard system is in reasonable condition
So if your car made 115rwkw then if you get 125rwkw be happy. not gonna see 140.

No s**t. I never disagreed that it wont give you 25 actual rwkw. But if the dyno is generous in the first place, it will, which I think is the case.

EB V8 wrote:
Honestly i reckon you backpedalling because i cought you with your pants down about having a cam as well.

I think I will have to move you a grade up into the 'f**k illiterate dumb s**t' brigade. I think its been established I didn't have an aftermarket cam at the time, BECAUSE NO ONE MADE ONE! (Of course I did have a cam, the engine wouldnt run without it... But it was a stocker hybrid XR cam), so your argument and apparent "gotcha" comment is null and void. So please give up on that.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next