ARM: 4
EBV8: -7

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef xr6

NSW, Australia

just remember that a manual will give a higher reading then an auto, a newer engine wit less kays then an older engine wit heaps of kays etc etc..... what ever happend to bein able to give ur opinion with out some "prick" calling you an idiot, clown, comedian etc etc???

Bushyxr6

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Ive got EB V8 = 9
ARM = 0

Arm says I should be elevated up the s**t list or whatever he calls it, as he is the person that can grant you the title, he must own the list and be champion of that category. Sorry I dont wanna be on your list, I dont butter my bread that way.

Again, instead of actually proving his point, resorts to cheap insults.

Can we agree that exhaust does not equal 25rwkw. Lets just agree on that, thats the point of this thread.

yes or no?

lets make it

EB V8 = 10
ARM = 0

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Ive got EB V8 = 9
ARM = 0

Arm says I should be elevated up the s**t list or whatever he calls it, as he is the person that can grant you the title, he must own the list and be champion of that category. Sorry I dont wanna be on your list, I dont butter my bread that way.

Again, instead of actually proving his point, resorts to cheap insults.

Can we agree that exhaust does not equal 25rwkw. Lets just agree on that, thats the point of this thread.

yes or no?

lets make it

EB V8 = 10
ARM = 0

Once again man, read it properly... I didnt say s**t list, I said 'f**k illiterate dumb s**t' brigade. One needs to get it right. :wink:

I didn't say your arguments were s**t... But I did say you obviously couldn't read, as you seemed to harp on about some cam that was never in my car, and seem to refuse to believe otherwise.

And no, the point of this thread is not to agree that 'exhaust does not equal 25rwkw'. Its about providing macca20042 an estimate of power. I provided my estimate, and you turned it into a little s**t.

As for cheap comments, so far you've referred to me as a comedian, something regarding a bloke in a kebab house, I'm ridiculous, I've attended an Anthony Robbins course, I'm from the circus, I'm a liar (multiple times over), I'm a dreamer and I'm a backpeddler.

I'd call them cheap shots at trying to make me out to be some kind of idiot. Why can't I send some back your way?

If anyone is backpeddling, it is you mate... So far I've been able to pull credible answers to backup my statements, while you continue to try and make fun of me.... While you may not agree with my statements, you must agree that the possibility of my statements being true is likely, not a never will happen.

Keep it coming, I'm here all night. :P

Oh, and your on my list whether you like it or not. Enjoy the stay, you'll be there for a while methinks.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:52 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EB V8 - proof that shaking babies IS a bad thing

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

arm79 wrote:
If it did 115rwkw stock, and you went to the same dyno, I would take a guess and say it would hit the 140rwkw mark with exhaust and extractors.

Did you say the above things? Whos backpedalling and trying to distort the issues? You said if 115rwkw stock on the same dyno with exhaust your would get extra 25rwkw. You said it!

Its irrelevant which dyno, you aid on the same dyno a before and after would be 115rwkw and 140rwkw.

Do I need to say anymore?

Anyone who knows about performance will have to laugh at that comment. No good slinging s**t my way, you said it.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Sometimes I feel like Apollo in Rocky 3. keeps pounding away at rocky in the gym, belting his head in, he stops and screams at him, whats the matter with you!!!

Thats how I feel, I keep punching away at your head and you dont seem to get the message, (keep you guard up and stop saying 25rwkw from exhausts!!

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:03 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
arm79 wrote:
If it did 115rwkw stock, and you went to the same dyno, I would take a guess and say it would hit the 140rwkw mark with exhaust and extractors.

Did you say the above things? Whos backpedalling and trying to distort the issues? You said if 115rwkw stock on the same dyno with exhaust your would get extra 25rwkw. You said it!

Yes I said it... And I also said that on the day I got 140.9rwkw, some else with the exact same car got 120.something. So that dyno gave me a 20rwkw boost for extractors and exhaust.

I would still say it is possible that he might hit the 135 to 140rwkw mark, based on his 115rwkw stock assesment.

EB V8 wrote:
Its irrelevant which dyno, you aid on the same dyno a before and after would be 115rwkw and 140rwkw.

It is relevant which dyno he uses. He has to goto a dyno with the same setup or software or generosity to make 115 into 135-140. If he rocks up to someone who is running an old model Dyno Dynamics pre-shootout software, chances are he will only make 120rwkw.

EB V8 wrote:
Do I need to say anymore?

Feel free... I'm having a blast. :P

EB V8 wrote:
Anyone who knows about performance will have to laugh at that comment.

So why are you laughing at me... That would have to be funniest comment you have said on here. I would think the closest you would get to knowing about performance is wanking over the ads in the Trading Post For Sale secton. :wink:

EB V8 wrote:
No good slinging s**t my way, you said it.

Yeah I did, and I was happy to stand back and await the results.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Dont try and sidestep around the fact that you said, if you pull 115rwkw and on the same dyno, then you will pull 140rwkw after exhaust. That says that despite which dyno, you will get 25rwkw.

You also said someone with the exact same setup pulled 120rwkw the same day. Why dont you tell us your secret, how do you get 20rwkw more than your next door neighbour with the same setup? (Cam) Your car nor you can bluff the dyno. Maybe its a miracle exhaust?

If you really knew about performance, would you be dreaming of making 140rwkw or driving a car with some real horsepower?

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:25 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

Someone with the exact same car MINUS extractors and exhaust you dimwit.
Get your chequebook out, go buy a pack of razorblades (get a pack of 5, you'll probably f**k it up a few times) and slit your wrists.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Dont try and sidestep around the fact that you said, if you pull 115rwkw and on the same dyno, then you will pull 140rwkw after exhaust. That says that despite which dyno, you will get 25rwkw.

Once again, learn to f**k read man. Even you have quoted me saying 'SAME DYNO' on a previous post and this post. I said 'SAME DYNO' to keep the software/brand/calibrations/generosity the same. That does not say you will get it on any dyno you goto. I never did and never will, that is something you are trying to claim. Never once did I say despite the dyno... f**k my head is sore and my desk now has a crack in it. :?

However, you said:

EB V8 wrote:
That must have been on shootout mode very happy dyno, santa claus dyno

So, obviously you recognise that there is a difference in calibration and outputs from different software. So therefore you must recognise that the claim you are trying to fool me into above can not be possible if you goto any dyno.

EB V8 wrote:
You also said someone with the exact same setup pulled 120rwkw the same day. Why dont you tell us your secret, how do you get 20rwkw more than your next door neighbour with the same setup? (Cam) Your car nor you can bluff the dyno. Maybe its a miracle exhaust?

My one mistake for this whole thread so far. The car I talk about making 120rwkw on the day is the same one I detailed before, as being the same as mine at the time but with STOCK MANIFOLD and STOCK EXHAUST. In the post above, I failed to mention those extra words. Just so you dont have to go searching for it, here is my quote from that post:

arm79 wrote:
On that same day a complete stock (ie stock with stock exhaust and manifolds) did a 120.something rwkw.

Hope that clarifies the situation!

EB V8 wrote:
If you really knew about performance, would you be dreaming of making 140rwkw or driving a car with some real horsepower?

Man, if I wanted 140rwkw or more I'd start working on it tomorrow... With my own hands and knowhow. This comment stinks of nothing more than an attempt at belitting me... But sorry, that doesn't work.

Oh, and a quick question, what cam did you put in your EB? :wink:

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:29 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Look all I know is that Im blasting around town with 242rwkw, thats a good 100rwkw more than the number your dreaming of.

Im not gonna slit my wrists. I need the money for the razors for petrol.

Maybe if you put a tonn of octane boost in your car, crank up the timing, you might get that 140rwkw. (for real) hahaha :lol:

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:31 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

242rwkw eh?
On what dyno :lol:

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:34 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Why do you want to know which cam I had in my EB? Theres two people that know, one is me and the other is not you!

The EB V8 had a crow cam, dont have the exact spects but it was a couple of profiles up from the 220kw cam.

You would know plenty about cams as you had one in there when you did the dyno run.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next