Fordmods Logo

dyno tune 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: dyno tune
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba xr6 ute

VIC, Australia

hey guys im sure this has been asked heaps of times but im after a good tuner pref in s.e suburbs to tune my ba xr6 n/a its had a custom tune at hpf in dandenong but i am not happy with the tune so ye if any ones got sum good feed back on tuners would appreciate it heaps cheers

Post subject: Re: dyno tune
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Whats wrong with the current tune? have you done much to the car?

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

pacemaker extractors , magnaflow cat ,2.5 catbak growler cai stage 2 grow cams. its a 5 speed it got tuned it made 157rwk to me thats not the best result not only that the car runs like crap most of the time its running rich atm nd prevouly i took it bak to hpf caue it was pining

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:27 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

Yea thats not very much dude especially with a full exhaust system, growler intake and stage 2 crow cams. I made 175 RWKW with no cams "look at my sig for mods" 04 BA XR6 N/A with 190,000 k's. You should be looking at around 180-210 RWKW especially with stage 2 cams, CAI and a custom tune. Give us more info about the car. Like mods, year, K's etc. I think you can definitely do better in my opinion!

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ye thats what i dont get either its a 2004 mk2 ute 5 speed with 160k ont he clock nd all the other mods ive listed im jsut after another decent tuner that knows their fords

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

yea definitely look around some more. Im sure Melbourne has some good tuners. Were you using 98 ron and were you in shoot out mode? Different modes do different things apparently. get a 82 degree thermostat as well costs $20 helps with performance and also try some fully synthetic oil. They help! but I cant see how you got that at the rears boggles my mind and doesnt make since. Just look for a good tuner. Even check google for shops in Melbourne call them and see what they think about your outcome and see what they say on what you should be getting.

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]