EA-D intake mainfold VS BBM 

Page 5 of 6 [ 90 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:35 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Thats why they are still using the exact same manifold today!
The BBM was pretty f**k clever on Fords part.
Simple and worked well.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:54 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: E-Hybrid Falcon

NSW, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
No common plenum is going to be able to feed an I6 engine evenly as some cylinders are always going to be further away than others. There is no evidence to suggest that the rear cylinders are being starved of air with the log manifold if thats what your asking.

is that why they make tuned length extractors ?
d1ckhead. you might think your smart but your not, it's quite simple to fabricate a equal length intake manifold, as easy as it is to fabricate an exaust.

the exaust isn't a 'common plenum' but even with a common plenum it isn't hard to cut pipes the same length... all you need is a ruler.

i'm not arguing that it's starving, i want dyno figures & if you don't have one shut your useless mouth stockstandard you have no usefull input here if you have no figures. i want figures. on paper, that prove that the log is less economic & more power raping than the bbm on long runners. i'm not saying the log is a piece of s**t, i'm saying the log is still a piece of s**t put next to the bbm on long runners, if your such a physics buff explain how an offset tb can supply 6 cylinders as well as an asymetrical manifold.....

crow cam,cai,exaust,bbm,190 reg & el injectors,xr6 interior,guages,white cluster,pioneer/mtx stereo,big boot install w.i.p, 17"rims,koni/pedders shocks&springs with nolathane re-bush,ssv kit,stainless inserts,clear lights,t5 & short shifter,chardonay/pearl paint

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

XG/XR6 wrote:
so how do I change the bbm change over point?

Short answer is - dont.

Long answer is - use a jaycar frequency switch to provide the signal for to activate the mechanism. Keep in mind that the ECU will still be expecting the change to occur at 3800 and is tuned for it. If you move the switchpoint without changing the engine tune you will have a few 100rpm either way where the engine is out of tune.

And yes the BBM is pretty good, but if you really want to get into manifold design it is almost antiquated itself. Other manufactures have moved on to triple or infinitely variable runner length designs. Superior, but not cost effective for a falcon.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:59 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

& no arguement steady ED

crow cam,cai,exaust,bbm,190 reg & el injectors,xr6 interior,guages,white cluster,pioneer/mtx stereo,big boot install w.i.p, 17"rims,koni/pedders shocks&springs with nolathane re-bush,ssv kit,stainless inserts,clear lights,t5 & short shifter,chardonay/pearl paint

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fairmont

NSW, Australia

What if I had a cam?

Au II XR8

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:02 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

a cam changes physics in the manifold & it's proven that changing the change over point may increase performance, on a dyno. stock standard refers to 'stockstandard' cars. he doesn't ask questions just tells you his almighty opinion. so listen, hes a performance god.

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

vibr8n wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
No common plenum is going to be able to feed an I6 engine evenly as some cylinders are always going to be further away than others. There is no evidence to suggest that the rear cylinders are being starved of air with the log manifold if thats what your asking.

d1ckhead. you might think your smart but your not, it's quite simple to fabricate a equal length intake manifold, as easy as it is to fabricate an exaust.

the exaust isn't a 'common plenum' but even with a common plenum it isn't hard to cut pipes the same length... all you need is a ruler.

i'm not arguing that it's starving, i want dyno figures & if you don't have one shut your useless mouth stockstandard you have no usefull input here if you have no figures. i want figures. on paper, that prove that the log is less economic & more power raping than the bbm on long runners. i'm not saying the log is a piece of s**t, i'm saying the log is still a piece of s**t put next to the bbm on long runners, if your such a physics buff explain how an offset tb can supply 6 cylinders as well as an asymetrical manifold.....

I guess thats the thanks I get for trying to answer your question....

Being so quick to jump to the personal insults wont get you any favors around here, especially when people are only trying to help.

Not going to waste my time with you anymore.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

stockstandard wrote:
vibr8n wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

I guess thats the thanks I get for trying to answer your question....

Being so quick to jump to the personal insults wont get you any favors around here, especially when people are only trying to help.

Not going to waste my time with you anymore.

dude! you info is much appreciated as i think you know! dont listen to this clown!

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:14 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

your a c0ck, i remember my first few posts & you were the first to jump down on it.
stockstandard your whats wrong with internet forums & indeed the universe in general. we need less c0cks like you & more like the other helpful breed of fordmods users.
you were the first person ever on this forum to TRY to prove me wrong & u failed. & u failed again so i would rather not hear your input in the first place. not writing in my posted forums would do me a favour.
don't talk to me & we can keep it the same :)

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

dude! i'm sure if u read alot of s**t that stockstandard writes that you'll find he is actually quite knowledgable!
and i'm sure that people would rather have him arround here than you...
another informative post by vibr8n

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:19 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

want to be a bit more descriptive Mitch ?

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

all you seem to want to do is shoot stock standard down! all he was trying to do was inform you and you rip his head off...ease up a little eh?

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:23 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

i hope that everyone listens to stockstandard, hes so full of... insight. obviously a veteran engine builder & 'knowledgable' just depends on if you want accurate information.
if anyone can prove me wrong than you can start flaming. if you can't prove it it's word of stupid mouth. physics is proving something wrong. if you can't prove me wrong then shut the fcuk up untill then, if you prove me wrong, then i will gladly shut up. the purpose of these forums is to get answers (read: proof) not one c0cks idea.
i'm yet to see proof.

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:26 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

i'm sick of stockstandard sharing his useless insight into everything like hes the performance god.
it's quite simple, as i said, if he can prove it, i'll shut up.

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:29 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

& i don't particularly give two fcuks if you want me around or not, get rid of me. i'm just trying to provide people with informative information, backed up by fact, not hearsay.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next