Fordmods Logo

EA Falcon 4lt Twin TurboCharged C10/9 inch diff project 

Page 3 of 7 [ 95 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: sorry a bit slow my end
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi guys

been slightly bissy wif a few big jobs at work and just a few hours to sneak some more work on my own car

worked on the transmsion adapter plate to mount a C10 trans to a AU inline 6 cylinder fuel injected twin turbo 3D wolf V4plus thats been fitted to a EA sedan :wink: :wink:

have several ways i could do this and chose the worst way of doing it heaps of machine work and its like watching grass grow when doing lathe work boreing as bat s**t LOL :wink:

i used a 20mm thick steel plate approx measurements 330mm by 380mm first thing i did was squared the surfaces to be parrallel to each other and started maching it in the jaws of a lathe in a 4 jaw chuck gess there a prick to work with and time consuming to change over the chucks on the lathe and the set the job up in the right place to machine as u can see in the pics

had to machine a large 6.125 inch hole in the center so the ford C10 pump could pass through and locate the adapter plate in center an then i had to do a step ( DOWEL ) of 0.184 mm by a diameter of 9.430 inches to locate the ford EA three speed auto bellhousing as seen in the pics

Once i finished maching in the lathe then i procceed to drill the pump holes nad the bellhousing holes

the ford C10 has irregular hole pattern so will have to mill the adapter ( PROFILE TO SUIT ) plate to match that will be the final machining process.

even though the pump is bolted to the transmission and the adapter plate will still bolt via the transmsion outer bolts also probably not needed but hey a little more drilling wont kill me LOL :wink:

the next plates i will have them frofile waterjet cut and the i will maching a few things in them save alot of time on the late and mill

Attachments:
bellhousingtransmissionplate.JPG
bellhousingtransmissionplate.JPG [ 40.05 KiB | Viewed 146 times ]
lathe_facingplate2.JPG
lathe_facingplate2.JPG [ 44.64 KiB | Viewed 131 times ]
lathe_facingplate1.JPG
lathe_facingplate1.JPG [ 39.7 KiB | Viewed 131 times ]

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: waterjet cut
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

next lot of adapter plates i will be making out of aluminium and waterjet cut all the holes and profile cut to shape to save weight

this one had to be made manually as it will be the template for future transmission adapters i make

the next plates i will have them profile waterjet cut and then i will machine a few things in them save alot of time on the lathe and mill

cheers

Attachments:
adapterplatedrilling.JPG
adapterplatedrilling.JPG [ 44.11 KiB | Viewed 134 times ]
lathe_facingplate4.JPG
lathe_facingplate4.JPG [ 43.04 KiB | Viewed 133 times ]
lathe_facingplate3.JPG
lathe_facingplate3.JPG [ 41.4 KiB | Viewed 135 times ]

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

looks good

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Post subject: Re: waterjet cut
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

:oops:

few more pics of profile milling manually yhr adapter plate :oops: :cry: wish i had CNC machines my hands are hurting :wink: LOL

Attachments:
trannyadpter1.JPG
trannyadpter1.JPG [ 29.84 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]
trannyadpter.JPG
trannyadpter.JPG [ 43.15 KiB | Viewed 133 times ]
trannyadpter2.JPG
trannyadpter2.JPG [ 34.69 KiB | Viewed 136 times ]

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:50 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

good to see progress.. Keep it up.

Nice to see some custom work too. Good job, looks good.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Post subject: Is this possible
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1990 EA Spac

NSW, Australia

With regard to clearance with the front 26mm bar, is it possible to mobe the engine/g/box back say 5-10 mm by elongating the mounting holes in the engine mounts and g/box xmember.

Just a thought.

Drive safe, arrive alive

EA Spak EL dash and interior, thermo's,BBM, EF head and cam, superlows,

Post subject: Is this possible
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1990 EA Spac

NSW, Australia

With regard to clearance with the front 26mm bar, is it possible to mobe the engine/g/box back say 5-10 mm by elongating the mounting holes in the engine mounts and g/box xmember.

Just a thought.

Drive safe, arrive alive

EA Spak EL dash and interior, thermo's,BBM, EF head and cam, superlows,

Post subject: Re: Is this possible
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

falconea wrote:

Just a thought.

hi

im sure it is possible to do so , but my conversion consisits of a AU motor and a C10 auto its alot easy and tidy if i jaut move the 26mm front brace foward

either way i have to make a gearbox crossmember

for those that are curious i saw someone asking in one of the threads will a 4speed auto fit in a 3speed auto's spot in a EA falcon the answer is NO IT WILL NOT the floor pan is the same but the gearbox crossmember brackets that are welded to the floor pan are in different locations

ok , just finished the adapter plate totally other than i have spotfaced the insides of the bellhousing so the bolts sit flat from the inside that bolt it to the transmission will do that later
the gearbox is sitting in the car as we speak and next i will make the crossmember convert the T/bar shifter from right to left hand side cause the C10 is on the left handside ( ie passenger side of the tunnel )

here are the final pics of the adapter its not as tidy as i would have liked cause in some ares i needed some more metal but the next lot will be perfect :wink:

i will next document the 9 inch differential from start to finish have heaps of photos to go through

autoban has some nic`e intercools for sale its amazing how there come down in price

will show how i made the turbo exhaust manifolds and inlet manifold stay tuned :wink: :idea: :?: :P

cheers

Attachments:
trannyadpter3.JPG
trannyadpter3.JPG [ 23.17 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]
trannyadpter4.JPG
trannyadpter4.JPG [ 45.91 KiB | Viewed 104 times ]
trannyadpter5.JPG
trannyadpter5.JPG [ 25.16 KiB | Viewed 104 times ]

Post subject: finished adapter
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

transmission fitted to the bellhousing

cheers

Attachments:
File comment: 3 speed EA auto bellhousing adaptered to C10 V8 auto
trannyadpter8.JPG
trannyadpter8.JPG [ 24.36 KiB | Viewed 124 times ]
trannyadpter6.JPG
trannyadpter6.JPG [ 22.25 KiB | Viewed 123 times ]
trannyadpter7.JPG
trannyadpter7.JPG [ 26.41 KiB | Viewed 101 times ]

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

love your work man keep it up, seems to be comin along nicely, its good to see people doing these mods, and rather inspiring, now if only i could find some nice cnc machinery on the side of the road ...

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Post subject: crossmember
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cooki_monsta wrote:
love your work man keep it up, seems to be comin along nicely, its good to see people doing these mods, and rather inspiring, now if only i could find some nice cnc machinery on the side of the road ...

LOL thanks , can we share the CNC machinery :wink:

ok just stuck my head back under the car makes life easy when u have a 4post hoist :wink: the gearbox mount point misses out by 2 inches mount piont is more forward to the front of the car , just level out the setup and a standard EA falcon crossmember will be modified to make the connection work a bit of cutting and welding will fix thinks in this area

no cutting or welding required , just new holes drill in the floor crossmember bracket , and because the gearbox crossmember has a slotted hole the approx 2 ich move forward was easyly accomplitioned as can be seen in the pics

will fit it back up to the same spots on the floor pan of the EA out of the factory

post a few pics once finished of the crossmember

cheers

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

hehe yea for sure :D id let everyone use it if i found it, imagine the stuff we could turn out :D

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Post subject: finished crossmember
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

post a few pics once finished of the crossmember

Gearbox is fitted to the motor and mounted in the chassis

OK finished the gearbox crossmember today, also made a solid mount to suit , the gearbox mount as compared to EA 3speed mounting spot missed by a few inches so i just relocated the mounting bolt on the floor pan crossmember brackets as can be seen in the pics

cheers

Attachments:
DSC03180_turboEA.JPG
DSC03180_turboEA.JPG [ 30.81 KiB | Viewed 112 times ]
DSC03181_turboEA.JPG
DSC03181_turboEA.JPG [ 27.35 KiB | Viewed 101 times ]
DSC03179_turboEA.JPG
DSC03179_turboEA.JPG [ 28.55 KiB | Viewed 119 times ]

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

NSW, Australia

looking good..., interesting about the gearbox placement. Hmm, always thought, they would change alright. Hmm, Ill keep that in mind.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Post subject: Hey hey kids
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Sorry to spoil the fun or maybe u have already thought of it. or maybe not, i don't know, but is this engine bolted solid to the engine mount brakets, because if i am not mistakened the engine does move around the engine bay quiet abit, and your turbos are mounted solit to the right shockie tower.... :S. that will flex, cause heat transfer probably crush the shockie tower twist the headers of the head, do u known amounts of damage or am i looking into this to much and they are only there because u were welding up the manifold or something ? anyways good job, i am actualy half way though gettin a 4.0l into my XF. she is almost running, driveline is all bolted up. Turbo is an option if i like it when i am done, but might flog it off. anyways keep us posted dude way to go.

Muff

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 7  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next