Fordmods Logo

EA Falcon 4lt Twin TurboCharged C10/9 inch diff project 

Page 4 of 7 [ 95 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: lending hands
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Muffy wrote:
Sorry to spoil the fun or maybe u have already thought of it. or maybe not, i don't know, but is this engine bolted solid to the engine mount brakets, because if i am not mistakened the engine does move around the engine bay quiet abit, and your turbos are mounted solit to the right shockie tower.... :S. that will flex, cause heat transfer probably crush the shockie tower twist the headers of the head, do u known amounts of damage or am i looking into this to much and they are only there because u were welding up the manifold or something ? anyways good job, i am actualy half way though gettin a 4.0l into my XF. she is almost running, driveline is all bolted up. Turbo is an option if i like it when i am done, but might flog it off. anyways keep us posted dude way to go.

Muff

hi

LOL :wink: ur ok , yes the whole mount setup will be solid mounted ( ie motor and gearbox only ) im only interested in drag racing the car and its going to be a R&D car and the :wink: accassional drive on the streets :wink:

the turbos are suspended there so i can make a connections to the manifolds :wink: have u ever tryed to hold a turbo bent over in a engine bay it hurts :wink: there just some brackets i cut and slotted so i can make the best possible judgement where to fit the turbos , the brackets on the shocker tower will be removed once the manifolds are fabricated, there my 3rd and 4th set of hands that i dont have :wink: theses brackets are great cause if i position the turbos in any spot in the engine bay they stay there do not move until i move them rather than just using chains rope or any other method i just did it this way.

I will also fabricate some small brackets to support the turbos back to the cylinder head or block cuase im sure theres going to be a WHOLE LOTTA SHAKING GOING ON :wink:
the turbos are not the larges but there not small either so its a bit tight in the engine bay as there are other things been fitted there , it looks naked now but hate to see when all the plumbing and hoses are fitted up wot its going to look like.

cheers

Attachments:
DSC03184_turboEA.JPG
DSC03184_turboEA.JPG [ 38.18 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: lending hands
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
Muffy wrote:
Sorry to spoil the fun or maybe u have already thought of it. or maybe not, i don't know, but is this engine bolted solid to the engine mount brakets, because if i am not mistakened the engine does move around the engine bay quiet abit, and your turbos are mounted solit to the right shockie tower.... :S. that will flex, cause heat transfer probably crush the shockie tower twist the headers of the head, do u known amounts of damage or am i looking into this to much and they are only there because u were welding up the manifold or something ? anyways good job, i am actualy half way though gettin a 4.0l into my XF. she is almost running, driveline is all bolted up. Turbo is an option if i like it when i am done, but might flog it off. anyways keep us posted dude way to go.

Muff

hi

LOL :wink: ur ok , yes the whole mount setup will be solid mounted ( ie motor and gearbox only ) im only interested in drag racing the car and its going to be a R&D car and the :wink: accassional drive on the streets :wink:

the turbos are suspended there so i can make a connections to the manifolds :wink: have u ever tryed to hold a turbo bent over in a engine bay it hurts :wink: there just some brackets i cut and slotted so i can make the best possible judgement where to fit the turbos , the brackets on the shocker tower will be removed once the manifolds are fabricated, there my 3rd and 4th set of hands that i dont have :wink: theses brackets are great cause if i position the turbos in any spot in the engine bay they stay there do not move until i move them rather than just using chains rope or any other method i just did it this way.

I will also fabricate some small brackets to support the turbos back to the cylinder head or block cuase im sure theres going to be a WHOLE LOTTA SHAKING GOING ON :wink:
the turbos are not the larges but there not small either so its a bit tight in the engine bay as there are other things been fitted there , it looks naked now but hate to see when all the plumbing and hoses are fitted up wot its going to look like.

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

any updates on this thread?

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

sorry guys have been bissy at work

im toying with different exhasut manifold arrangments but still doing the cast iron setup also

trying to make a header exhast style manifold and also toying with the inlet manifold setup again different styles will experiment to see what works the best

keep u posted

cheers

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

just been bissy with other stuff at work and just sourced a AC/DC 300AMP TIG weld and 90AMP plasma cutter . Got a really good price on the units just have to wait for delivery date 4 to 6 week wait .

Will be able to complete some of things on the car onces these two items arrive

otherwise searching for cheap parts , Diff is nearly complete will post a few pics

trying to make a big brake setup for EA falcon also ( ie twin piston larger calipers and larger rotors ( this will be interesting )

this is really just a bump up for this post

cheers

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:

and lets face it have you ever tried to raplace a distributor or for that matter change cap rotor and leads on a any falcon multipiont fuel injection system ITS not a easy task for a simple job :wink:

christ its not that hard, i can have the old one out and new rotor cap leads and plugs in just under a half hour.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nannas_ed wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:

and lets face it have you ever tried to raplace a distributor or for that matter change cap rotor and leads on a any falcon multipiont fuel injection system ITS not a easy task for a simple job :wink:

christ its not that hard, i can have the old one out and new rotor cap leads and plugs in just under a half hour.

try a MPI setup ?? and when its hot

cheers LOL

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nannas_ed wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:

cheers LOL

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Also depends on how fat your arms are

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
nannas_ed wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:

cheers LOL

done the exact same thing on an xh ute today eng wasnt hot but fairly warm

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:53 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

CHEF wrote:
Also depends on how fat your arms are

Agreed.
My arms aren't fat, but years of inactivity have left them inflexible.
Plus my fingers are fat...
BBM makes it a bit easier.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EA Falcon Hybrid

VIC, Australia

hey FPV_GTp why do you mount the turbos on a bit of a angle, like im planin to do.

<<<DAN's CARS>>>
* 88 EA Falcon X2
* 81 FJ40
* 73 KE26 X2
* 73 KE20 x2
* 69 KE10 X2
and more

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Will the manifold hold been welded to cast?

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Will the manifold hold been welded to cast?

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

polish'd wrote:
hey FPV_GTp why do you mount the turbos on a bit of a angle, like im planin to do.

good ideal a bit of a angle

but in my case i have removed the radiator fill bottle and battery all together on the drivers side i plan to run a huge cold air intake air box system in that corner and angle of turbo is not critical in my case as im not interested in street everyday driving.

radiator fill bolted im planning on getting rid of all together and use a early type falcon radiator and will make a few things so i can extract the air trapped inside the cylinder head water passages

battery will be relocated into the boot compartment and so on
will post a few pics once its all done

cheers

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 7  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next