EA Falcon coolent issues. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: EA Falcon coolent issues.
Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EA Falcon S Pac

NSW, Australia

ive got a multipoint injected ea falcon manual it keeps loosing coooent out the overflow. ive taken it to two different mechanics and they cant find any problems with it, they tested the head gasket and couldnt find any leaks, it seems to be sucking air or something which is presurising the system a blowing water out the overflow. does anyone have any idea what i can do to fix it? thanks for your help

Post subject: Re: EA Falcon coolent issues.
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

ok so ive fixed the coolent loss issue, i put in a new thermostat, but i also used this bottle of stuff thats supposed to repair head gaskets and cracked heads/blocks, made by the company who makes bars leaks, i changed the spark plugs and noticed that number one had rust on it and i thought it must be from water getting into the cylinder, so i got this bottle of stuff $60 something from supercheap, and it seems to have worked.

It idles perfectly now, and runs like a new car, but now its got another problem, i think the thermostat wasnt the right one, now you turn it on and it slowly creaps up the temp gauge until it gets to l and a little after l on normal and then goes back down to between n and o where it will remain until you turn it off and let it get cold again.

is this because of the thermostat that i put in it? thats the only reason i can think of why its doing this, basically the thermostats not opening until it gets to a certain temp.

thanks
Chad

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

the thermostat is ment to open at a set temperature, what you need to do is find out what temperature your thermostat is ment to open and buy the correct one, im not sure what temperature it is though, if you have a repair manual for the car than it would be written in there

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

yeh thats what im thinking, but i do have another ea multipoint so i was thinking about just grabbing the one out of there as it should be the right one i hope lol.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

i cut some of the spring off my thermostat so it stayed open just a little because it wouldnt open till the needle was allmost on the hot, now it runs at a needle thickness over the end of the cold just on the normal part.

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

it seems to have cleared itself, so its opening fine now, and running perfectly. must have needed to bed in or something, not sure if the spring had some sort of coating on it or not that needed to wear away or something, running like a new car now, now to change the oil and fix the rear lower control arm bush and it will be scweet lmao.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]