Fordmods Logo

EA falcon, unkown part & mpi conversion prob. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: EA falcon, unkown part & mpi conversion prob.
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

TAS, Australia

Hi, i've just helped a mate convert his EA falcon from CFI to multi-point.
We are having a couple problems so hopefully somone could help with some questions.
First thing is in this picture here http://www.fixingcars.com.au/demo/eng_com_closeup.html
There is a part sticking out from under the thermostat housing (has the word temperature sensor running through it in the pic) On my friends car he has something there but just has what seems to be a two pin electrical plug with nothing connected, unlike in the pic which shows the black bit with two vacuum tubes.

Also i can't see the oxy sensor ground wire properly, does anyone know what colour/s that wire is and does it run back to the oxy sensor or ecu?
Also there is a wire that i think is grey with yellow stripe, seems to go into the TPS. It ends at the main loom plug though with nothing on the corrosponding ecu side of the plug. Anyonw had this problem? Thing is although the car seems to run ok if you hold the throttle steady it will rev up and down around 300-500rpm and feels like a bit of a miss in it. I have fixed the idle controller wires up.
Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: EA falcon, unkown part & mpi conversion prob.
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:05 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

viper1431 wrote:
Hi, i've just helped a mate convert his EA falcon from CFI to multi-point.
We are having a couple problems so hopefully somone could help with some questions.
First thing is in this picture here http://www.fixingcars.com.au/demo/eng_com_closeup.html
There is a part sticking out from under the thermostat housing (has the word temperature sensor running through it in the pic) On my friends car he has something there but just has what seems to be a two pin electrical plug with nothing connected, unlike in the pic which shows the black bit with two vacuum tubes.

Also i can't see the oxy sensor ground wire properly, does anyone know what colour/s that wire is and does it run back to the oxy sensor or ecu?
Also there is a wire that i think is grey with yellow stripe, seems to go into the TPS. It ends at the main loom plug though with nothing on the corrosponding ecu side of the plug. Anyonw had this problem? Thing is although the car seems to run ok if you hold the throttle steady it will rev up and down around 300-500rpm and feels like a bit of a miss in it. I have fixed the idle controller wires up.
Thanks for any help.

Ok, the thing you have in place of the vacuum lines is the Temperature Guage Sender :) The coolant temp sensor shown in the picture is for Fairmont and up, with Automatic Climate Control.

Not sure about Oxy Sensor ground, i think thats simply incorrect! Oxy sensor has 2 wires on it, and both of them go to the ECU. I think you will find its the ground for the TFI module.

The TPS has 3 wires. Signal, 5+ and GND. Get a multimeter on the case and see if thats what you have there.

Cheers

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

TAS, Australia

Oxy sensor definately has 3 wires from it, i checked them against the elec diagram i have just a few hours ago.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

Yep deffinately 3 wires, i know ones the ground, ones the + for the oxy heater and the other is the signal to the ecu.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]