Fordmods Logo

ea motor into te cortina 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: ea motor into te cortina
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:35 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: cortina

QLD, Australia

I have a te cortina and have scored an ea falcon motor to put into it.
How hard would it be to hook the computer up?? Cos as far as I can tell the engine should fit. The problem is that I'm going from a 2ltr to a 6cyl
and want to know the hassle of getting engine mounts, could I use 6cyl cortina mounts without any major mods?

I also have no gear box to fit engine as the trans from the falon pooed itself. I was told a xy falcon box should bolt up without too much work to the corty.

Any ideas, or suggestions?
thanks

I'd rather push the corty than drive a Jappa!!

Post subject: Re: ea motor into te cortina
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

salemboicot wrote:
I have a te cortina and have scored an ea falcon motor to put into it.
How hard would it be to hook the computer up?? Cos as far as I can tell the engine should fit. The problem is that I'm going from a 2ltr to a 6cyl
and want to know the hassle of getting engine mounts, could I use 6cyl cortina mounts without any major mods?

I also have no gear box to fit engine as the trans from the falon pooed itself. I was told a xy falcon box should bolt up without too much work to the corty.

Any ideas, or suggestions?
thanks

the mounts on the engine will be the same as the x-series falcon so just a set of mounts out of a 6cylinder cortina will do the trick to mount the engine in the engine bay

the wiring is not hard to do , simple just take ur time , is ur motor a CPI or a MPI efi setup ?

The EA motor has different bellhouse pattern to the x-series falcosn so dont know who told u a xy one will fit straight on , its not the case

from the few cortinas that i have modified for guys through the years the four cylinder rear gear box mount is in a different spot and needs to be reloctaed if ur sya transplanting a 6 cylinder crossflow and 4spd single rail into a 4 cylinder version of the cortina. say that i suspect it will be the same case putting in the E-sereis motor and gearbox in there

whats involved in the rear gearbox mount is , undoing the spot welds that the mounting brackets that are spot welded to ur floor pan and reloctaeing it further back torwards the diff , u will have to have a bellhousing and gearbox to dumby things up , again a bit of work but not hard to do

cheers have fun

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

why dont you try to find yourself an EF/EL motor, and wiring loom/ecu, pretty similar to EA motor, same block n all. Then you have the broadband manifold, 157kw to start off with.

cam, extractors, decent pipe, maybe some headwork and a cai the corty will fly!

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: cortina

QLD, Australia

sounds like a fairly easy little project. Cheers for the help, I just wasn't 100 percent sure. I might scrap the ea motor and get one with a box so that I don't have to hunt one down.

Keep an eye out for a lime green corty around brisbane.... that has 2ltr badges and goes surprisingly well for a 4 cyclinder!! 8-)

I'd rather push the corty than drive a Jappa!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]