Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: EA PADDOCK SLASH :mrgreen:
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EL XR6

NT, Australia

hi all,

I got given a defected 5 speed EA that became more work than its worth for somethin i aint gonna drive and its been sittin in the naughty corner for 2 weeks. I saw my tractor tyres and had a flash of inspiration :)

the EA's tragic story ->> if u dont want story just scroll down to where i put some Asterics for my questions.

I have been given a EA with a 5 speed that got defected for a baldy tyre, seatbelt and oil leak.

bit of a story - I couldnt get the front tyre off cause I think that the hub must have rusted the old eb lookin alloy mag onto it and it stuck propper. i stripped the seats out to pressure clean the carpet and then once the carpet was drying i decided to put a EF dash into it. EA had massive s**t split.

I done the reading on putting the bbm intake on instead of the single point injection but decided it was alot of work for a car that i just wanted to hock to my mate for $500.

By the time started removing the dash the rum and coke had started to take its toll and i was gettin ahead of myself. I forgot i wasnt doin the bbm and just chopped the wire harness cause it was bein a s**t to come out -> D'oh!!!! I put a new wire looms from eb in and bbm manifold. Went to put dash cluster in and D'oh!!!! I didnt have spare EL loom for EF cluster and EB cluster doesnt fit and its already got EBII loom in! was gonna chop pedal holding plate and chop and modify eb cluster but i seen the tractor tyres.

FIRST - THIS IS WHAT I WANNA DO:
I wanna turn her into a mud bogger Mad Max Styles;
put shnorkle on her, my mate said to put breathers on diffs and stuff, I’ll chop rear wheel arch and put on my 16” tractor tyres cause I got a mad track at my house when the wet season pisses off abit.

Will load pics of terrain and EA as I modify so here is what I wanna check before I make more work for myself :)

* I think I read somewhere but cant remember. Will a XF or that era dizzy fit into 3.9 block?
Will a webber carb bolt onto the multipoint intake or will I have to tap some studs?

* Has anyone made a mud bug before or have knowledge of best gearbox type-> will my clutch slip if I engage clutch in water? If so how could I seal the box? I thought about a manual shifter sock and loads of silicone or should I just wack a Auto up it?

What do ya think?

Post subject: Re: EA PADDOCK SLASH :mrgreen:
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NT, Australia

how do i stck a picture onto the page?

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

sounds like u have fukd it abit anyway.
just get it runnin. go out do skidz till it blows then have a few more rums n coke and burn it.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

pretty sure the xf dizzy works and you can get/make an adapter plate for the CENTERPOINT injected manifold not the multipoint. i've also seen sidedraught manifolds but they're expensive.always wanted to do that....

sounds like an awsome plan... would love to see it come to fruition..

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NT, Australia

Thanks low_ryda.

Ha ha sorry i meant centerpoint. callin it singlepoint prob why i had limited info coming up too.

Decided to leave it manual and see how it fairs with bulk slaz for water barrier and a breather.

will post progress, its another side project so might not get done asap and i got a few months before the water levels droppin down too.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

singlepoint/centrepoint it's known as both i think, and alot of other non-official names for it to... lol

i've only been to darwin once but damn i miss it :cry:

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]