Post subject: Easy to install BA extractors? Air Intake Mods? Random q's
Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2003 Ford Falcon BA XT

QLD, Australia

Hello all
I have a ford Falcon BA XT
Planning on getting extractors and exhaust online and installing them myself.
Has anyone done this before? they are supposed to be bolt Off Bolt on, is it as easy as that?
I have some experience in Motorcycles as well as a good socket set :P

Any ideas on cheap air intake mods?
Or is there anthing i can buy relativly cheap?

Also some random questions.
How much to lower a car approx? (people told me in this forum it will handle like an xr6)
How much to get windows tinted approx?

Im new to all this, but Fords are obviously the way to go with cars!

2003 BA FALCON XT
Pacemaker Extractors 100 Cell Cat
2 1/2 " Cat Back Exhaust
Custom CAI Xcal2 Generic Tune
WANTS
3.73 Diff :D

Post subject: Re: Easy to install BA extractors? Air Intake Mods? Random q's
Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

jakebox wrote:
Hello all
I have a ford Falcon BA XT
Planning on getting extractors and exhaust online and installing them myself.
Has anyone done this before? they are supposed to be bolt Off Bolt on, is it as easy as that?
I have some experience in Motorcycles as well as a good socket set :P

Any ideas on cheap air intake mods?
Or is there anthing i can buy relativly cheap?

Also some random questions.
How much to lower a car approx? (people told me in this forum it will handle like an xr6)
How much to get windows tinted approx?

Im new to all this, but Fords are obviously the way to go with cars!

Hey Jakebox, I'd start off by spending a couple of hrs reading through the other threads. All of yours questions have been answered 100's of times before...

As far as the extractor fitting goes, I personally wouldn't do it, but thats just becasue i dont have the tools, time or space! :( No shed... But heaps of guys make and fit there own, so if you ask the right people the right question's and have the tools and the ability you should be all good. Otherwise it could end up costing more... I'd qet a quote from a exhaust shop and work out if it's worth having a crack yourself.

Have a look at the 'Show us your intake' thread, pretty sure thats the title. Heaps of pic's, not many BA's but you can get some good ideas. Also i think if you google BA intake the should be a link to Ford Forums that has good step by step guide to a BA CAI. You can by all the parts at super cheap, but ebay is cheaper if you can wait... I couldn't :D

As far as other cheap mods... Whats cheap??

How much to lower the car? Super lows if you want it legal Or ultra's if you dont!

How much to get the windows tinted? Think 20 or 25% is the darkest legal tint, but if you dont care get 5% .

So welcome to FM and enjoy.
Cheers Paul.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8 + AUIII XR6

NSW, Australia

By all means, if you have the basic tools, do it yourself. You'll be more satisfied that way. Make sure the exhaust and cat flanges are the same size though should be a few hour job, new gaskets also. If you got the cash get a hf cat too. As for lowering your car, have the factory springs reset to your desired height, costs around $300, if you go stupid low though say goodbye to your tyres without the right camber setup. Intake, if you want simple just get a k&n panel replacement you wont need much more, maybe the xr snorkel. If you want better handling check whiteline for swaybar and bush upgrades, usually 2-300 per set and a simple job to change for better than xr handling. Best bang for buck - ebay $20 for 30hp! Just kidding stay well away from that s**t. If you want really cheap get second hand xr parts also, but nothing aftermarket cant improve on.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2003 Ford Falcon BA XT

QLD, Australia

TIAMO wrote:
By all means, if you have the basic tools, do it yourself. You'll be more satisfied that way. Make sure the exhaust and cat flanges are the same size though should be a few hour job, new gaskets also. If you got the cash get a hf cat too. As for lowering your car, have the factory springs reset to your desired height, costs around $300, if you go stupid low though say goodbye to your tyres without the right camber setup. Intake, if you want simple just get a k&n panel replacement you wont need much more, maybe the xr snorkel. If you want better handling check whiteline for swaybar and bush upgrades, usually 2-300 per set and a simple job to change for better than xr handling. Best bang for buck - ebay $20 for 30hp! Just kidding stay well away from that s**t. If you want really cheap get second hand xr parts also, but nothing aftermarket cant improve on.

Thanks Mate!

2003 BA FALCON XT
Pacemaker Extractors 100 Cell Cat
2 1/2 " Cat Back Exhaust
Custom CAI Xcal2 Generic Tune
WANTS
3.73 Diff :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]