Fordmods Logo

EB 6 CYL TO BA OR AU 6 CYL 

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: EB 6 CYL TO BA OR AU 6 CYL
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

hey all .. after my problem with the eb i have decided to see if it is possible to put a au xr6 or just a 6cyl or a ba xr 6 motor into an eb ... i know i will have o massive prob in regards to the fact that ba motors are electronic not cable accel i want the ba motor in there but if not well the au will do ... i have seen something about this before but not sure if it is what im asking but i cant find it ... what will need to do ... i was told that the au will bolt up in the engine bay but all the plugs are diff ... and the ba motor .. well that could be alot harder then i think ... i rekon it will go good IF i can get it in there ... what will i need to do ???? cheers all

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

use the SEARCH button .... its a wealth of knowledge

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

OBS35N wrote:
use the SEARCH button .... its a wealth of knowledge
your right it is a wealth of knowledge ... but its from el to ba ... not eb to ba ... any other suggestions or has anyone attwempted it before ???

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

i might be able to spell properly one day tooo :(

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:03 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Throttle bodies are interchangeable from XF to BA. Its the least of your worries with a BA conversion.

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Well seeing as you can put a DOHC in an AU and the AU motors go very nicely into a EB then i think that other then getting ECU and the TB set-up, the problem will be your sump and the clearance between the k-frame.

You can get BA motors cheap these days and its probably worth putting one in.

You are going to need things like the thermo fan setup and i cant remember how the power steering, ac and alternator get set up.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

stomper wrote:
Well seeing as you can put a DOHC in an AU and the AU motors go very nicely into a EB then i think that other then getting ECU and the TB set-up, the problem will be your sump and the clearance between the k-frame.

You can get BA motors cheap these days and its probably worth putting one in.

You are going to need things like the thermo fan setup and i cant remember how the power steering, ac and alternator get set up.

Where did you hear you can put a DOHC in an AU easier than a E series?

The BA and AU have nothing in common, it would be just as hard to put it in an AU as it would to put it in a E series except it would probably clear the hood better.

If I dont make much sense its because I'm kinda drunk.

Doin it for Scotty.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:48 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

oh ok .. why could they not just both go in with out any drama's ... not fair .. ok so .... am i going to have the same drama's in regards to sump hitting k frame and connections,... i know the ba will be a s%&t in regards to electronic accl but is that the worst cause with the ba motor.. keeping in mind that i have both of the motors and want to know what i am in for before i take a spanner to the car .. if i was to do a ba or au convertion ... am i better off with the wiring loom i am starting to think bring on the el xr6 motor ... it seems aloottttttt easier

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

oh ok .. why could they not just both go in with out any drama's ... not fair .. ok so .... am i going to have the same drama's in regards to sump hitting k frame and connections,... i know the ba will be a s%&t in regards to electronic accl but is that the worst cause with the ba motor.. keeping in mind that i have both of the motors and want to know what i am in for before i take a spanner to the car .. if i was to do a ba or au convertion ... am i better off with the wiring loom i am starting to think bring on the el xr6 motor ... it seems aloottttttt easier

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Rebuilt standard motor ftw.

BA motor fits the same as the AU motor except the front crossmember has be relocated a little further forward and bonnet clearance is iffy.

Here is mine.
www.optusnet.com.au/~dansedgli/gallery

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Is it still road worthy and legal to relocate the cross member?

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Not without an engineers certificate but it isnt load bearing so I dont see the issue personally.

I want to further reinforce mine just in case though. When the clutch goes Ill pull the motor and do it.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:09 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the front part of the ea/eb k frame isnt load bearing its more a support to help with flex ...i just cut a groove in the square tube on mine and bent it forward and welded it back together...

you could also grind the alloy sump to make it fit ..
then you dont have to modify the k frame..

here is what i did to mine...
i think this link has already been posted
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40806

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:40 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
Rebuilt standard motor ftw.

BA motor fits the same as the AU motor except the front crossmember has be relocated a little further forward and bonnet clearance is iffy.

Here is mine.
www.optusnet.com.au/~dansedgli/gallery

i have just rebuilt it ... but i have the need for power .. i know your all thinking he is nuts but they just dont go as hard stock as an ef au ba motor .. she has never let me down but they just dont have the take off .. i want extractors but they are dear as hell ... well i havent got
$$$$$$$ at the moment so it make its a bit hard .. but if its possible and not to much stuffing around i will put the xr6 au motor in it .... but i would like the ba ... but you cant always get what u want ... does the engineers go for both the au motor and the ba motor or just one or the other ????

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next