EB-ED vs VN-VP 

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:12 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

f**k yeah.. when the nuclear war comes the only surviving things will be C**k and the ford 4l six. There's no way you could say the same for the 3.8 buick motor...

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
when the nuclear war comes the only surviving things will be C**k and the ford 4l six

As long as the head and the block cool at the same rate after the heat from the blast :lol:

ImageImage

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the quality of the falcon s**t all over any commodore before 1997. The VT is a very good car.

I have a mate who works at holden engine plant, and he says that the VN ECU had a mistake that gave it a s**t more torque than claimed. Anyone heard of that as well?

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB

VIC, Australia

commonwhores r just vibrators on wheels and noisey ones at that .just cant stand them ,those rear wheel arches look wrong the brake lights never work and the interiors were bloody ugly there i feel better now.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Not to mention the BUS sized steering wheel.
VN and VP are reasonably quick.
But as with all Commodores, they feel quciker when you're in them than they really are! It's how you sit lower in them compared to the dash than the falcons.

Dave

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

WA, Australia

dude, ive beaten a vp v8, (i think it was a vp), and my car isnt what it used to be, if your talking 6's you will kill them, the falcon only seems slower because it dosnt rev like a 3.8, they just scream. although ive only driven an auto

'92 XR6 (Flame Red)
ENGINE - Stock tickford spec
GEARBOX - T5
- 9.5" cluch
DIFF - Stock 3.45:1 LSD
TYRES - TOYO Proxes 225/16 all round (awesome rubber)
MISC - pioneer head, 12-stack and speakers

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I dragged a vn commodore with an exhuast and i bet it with my ea fairmont ghia 5 speed by half a car length from one set of lights to another...the distance would probabaly be about 300 metres i was amazed cause my car is absolutely stock apart from my pod air filter

GO THE FORDS

JETEA - ROARN8 - AUII Fairmont Ghia, V8, leather, sunroof, SAT NAV etc. 175KW

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah the I6 is such a strong engine. In rolling response the commodore will get eaten alive, it just doesn't have thet torque to keep up.

In that particular era of 88-97, Holden didn't have the goods to match. From 1998-2003, the AU couldn't touch the VT/X, now the BA is the best on the market, and on and on and on we go.

Have you cosidered a camry?!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahha

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6

VIC, Australia

the new v6 magnas and veradas are f**k quick had one ride my a** up til 140 couldnt shake him dam it , but i beatvr ss vs ss manuals a couple times not kill them but pull a car lenght and hold em off

the commies feel fast because they rev they have alot of engine noise in side and vibrate like hell in the drive line all that makes them feel fast a smooth ride feels slow a rough ride feels fast

watch a wrx do a qaurte run and looks slow but still runs 12 11 wat ever watch a turbo ford or commies do same time and it cofs splatters spins wheels , its all in you head tricks you

BA XR8 BOSS 260
Winter White
18' gt-p wheels
Flash Tuned
2 jl 13.5' w3's
tv indash

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:08 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 1992 EB II Falcon

QLD, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
Not to mention the BUS sized steering wheel.
VN and VP are reasonably quick.
But as with all Commodores, they feel quciker when you're in them than they really are! It's how you sit lower in them compared to the dash than the falcons.

Dave
My thourghts exactley, It's only an illusion.

Most sports cars have lower seats to give you the illusion you are going faster then you really are.

I drive & I vote....Scrap the fuel excise now.

[FoMoCo] The only fake white ED (That I know of on the Sunshine Coast.)

See more pictures of my car on

http://www.fordgallery.com/showgallery. ... user/14869

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

my mums new work car is a v6 magna, i took it for a quick fand the other day when she got it and didnt think much of it, but i have driven it since and s**t! that thing is heaps faster than my car, and smokes the wheels from a stand still for about 10-15 metres without any stall. I think my mum likes that!!!

'92 XR6 (Flame Red)
ENGINE - Stock tickford spec
GEARBOX - T5
- 9.5" cluch
DIFF - Stock 3.45:1 LSD
TYRES - TOYO Proxes 225/16 all round (awesome rubber)
MISC - pioneer head, 12-stack and speakers

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Anyone wanna guess what i picked when i had the choice of a newer car to replace my Torana as my daily driver when i was rear ended? Look at my avitar. :D Yes i still have the torry, getting fixed up soon. I also have a Hz pano, but i wouldn't buy a normal commondoore...........

Well, i would pick the falcon/fairmont of the 88-97 over a commy most days, except the Vn wagon my older bro currently drivers is a nice piece of rare commy, it's a 5spd, with 300k kms on the clock and drives like new, really well, suprisingly well, as he maintaines it like it needs.... Which he is selling soon, such a tempting offer he made me. Pitty i already have an engine and box in the panel van, i woulda bought the Vn to rape it of the v6 & 5 spd.

Only thing i can grumble about my fairmont, it's starting to loosen up a tad as it's getting near 250k kms. Needs a front end rebuild soon to solve that. Oh, and the fact i really wanted a manaul but you can't find a factory ghia in manual. Altho, my older bro likes the drive of my fairmont better than his VN, he wouldn't buy a ford....

My main reasons for the ford purchase, were it's different for a young man to drive a modern ford, most seem to want / drive a commy / ricer, and it's a lot cheaper for me to insure than a commy, about $1k a year cheaper atm, and it had the GT kit, i always wanted a " wings a la boeing " torana slr 5000, but i couldn't do it to my torry. Funny thing is, when i get the pano finished, it will be hard to decide which to drive most days. Classic style or modern smoothness.....

Go the Ford dude, esp if you can get a manual, you won't look back at the commy eating your rubber, i don't. :D I can hold off vn to vr v6's at the stop light race, stock V8 commy's upto vr arn't anything to really worry about either, and i only have minimal mods, not to mention i'm running on lpg ( injection ) all the time, lol! :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Esky

WA, Australia

tough lookin beast ya got there, what torana have u got?
i used to have an lx hatch :)

Attachments:
torana.jpg
torana.jpg [ 18.03 KiB | Viewed 158 times ]

Team EGO

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

Another option is the maximas, IF you are lucky enough to pick up a a32 manual maxima they F**k hammer. Some in teh states runing 700+front wheel hp on less then 10psi and daily driven. My mate has a a33 auto on 19s with a panel filter and 2.5 cat back. I havnt been able to go close yet in my 5 speed ea, and we have beaten many a v8 dunnydoor in it. The vq30de is one very potent little motor, just ashame about the fwd.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: xc 351

NSW, Australia

vp or xr6? without question the xr6 manual quiker than the xr8

xg ute, mods include, i painted the interior light
Team- love the dragons
spare wheel
casette player
bench seat