Fordmods Logo

EB-ED vs VN-VP 

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA GT

WA, Australia

dont wana sound like a tosser but the GT looks heaps nice without the rear spolier!! just my opinion :)

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EBXR6

QLD, Australia

tickford_EB wrote:
dude, ive beaten a vp v8, (i think it was a vp), and my car isnt what it used to be, if your talking 6's you will kill them, the falcon only seems slower because it dosnt rev like a 3.8, they just scream. although ive only driven an auto

ive done the same f**k it made me feel good it was a manual amd mines just an auto. i love my ebxr6 it sticks to the road like s**t to a blanket. it gets a bit hairy in the wet though it just feels good. i think it feels better than my old mans ba fairmont.

lesbian nazi hookers abducted by aliens and forced in to weight loss programs..... the turtle is natures suction cap.....

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF Futura

QLD, Australia

my 100% stock EF II futura beat a commondoor with an exhaust system last night without really trying...it was a vn or vp (i cant see a difference).
plus i still had econ on and my car misses alot due 2 the fact that i need new plugs and leads.
but to be fair, i also beat another ford...ea maybe eb...it was dark so i didnt get a good look since i was in front...
for the first like 1-2 seconds the holden stuck it to me but then my revs got up there and i was gone and i didnt even keep my foot down the whole time since i was worried about the plus n leads missing n s**t...i didnt want to damage the car or nothing.

and just to think, when i get some more wire (today) and then my au3 xr8 snorkel on monday the car will go a little harder and shift faster...not to forget the leads and plugs going in hopefully on monday...stupid slow car yard and their stupid slow warranty things.

au3xr8 snorkel
pioneer head unit
4 way pioneer 6x9's
tinting

soon to come...
superlows with new shox
full exhaust system with pacies
wheels (YAY! finally get rid of the hub caps)

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FALCON

SA, Australia

Get your self a ebII-ed manual and u wont have to worry about most v6 commies again spend a little money on it and you wont have to worry about the 5l either.

its so sweet beatin or being dead even with 5l clubsport VS in a 93EB 4l ....

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

my mate has a VTSS and he was in the my EA and said that it sound smoother accerlating than his car.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

does any1 no the time of a VN V6 manual down the quater? i know the Ea is 15.6 i think?

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yo, i think VN's had a 15.9-16 1/4

But like I said, I think VN's had a ECU glitch that made em quicker than that.

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:52 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ECU glitch? I can picture the holden engineers now... Thousands of km's of testing, and as the first car rolls into the dealers yard, engineer says "oh f**k, did they mass produce my 'burnout' tune?!?!?"

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

WA, Australia

Quote:
ive done the same f**k it made me feel good it was a manual amd mines just an auto. i love my ebxr6 it sticks to the road like s**t to a blanket. it gets a bit hairy in the wet though it just feels good. i think it feels better than my old mans ba fairmont.

mate, i think these cars are without doubt, the most underestimated falcons around, hell, most people think they are the same as an eb (not tickford enhanced) but those few more KW make all the difference, and with the suspension enhancments aswell, they are the most rawest, geuinely enjoyable cars falcons i have ever driven

sorry everybody but newer falcons feel fake to drive and older falcons are to slow

'92 XR6 (Flame Red)
ENGINE - Stock tickford spec
GEARBOX - T5
- 9.5" cluch
DIFF - Stock 3.45:1 LSD
TYRES - TOYO Proxes 225/16 all round (awesome rubber)
MISC - pioneer head, 12-stack and speakers

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xe ute

QLD, Australia

Definetly check Jim Mocks website about the stall converters if you are going auto cause they look pretty good. Goddamn TH700's in those dunnydores with the low ratio first are pretty fast off the line. Might be a bit less stuffin around than a diff ratio change too.

keep it shiny side up

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

burnout tune?

hahahaha, I think the glitch was too much low down torque, it was a reliability issue for the drivetrain. Anyone that's been in a VN wil attest to that GROAN from the tailshaft.

Anywaus, thought of another reason why I wouldn't buy a buick V6 powered commodore. That f**k s**t ringing thin exhaust note, f**k that sound s**t me. Take the lumpy grunt sound of a straight 6, listen to a skyline, valiant or falcon.

Hell Yeah

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3