eb hints????? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: eb hints?????
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ebII

VIC, Australia

hey i'm 17i got a ebII im a 1st year apprentice panel beater and wanted to extract more power from my car its pretty much stock except bilstein lowered suspension all round xr sprint front skirt au side skirts and 17'' mags and full respray in original cayman blue with purple pearl inside its got el seats all round pioneer six cd stacker jbl speakers through out including 10'' sub ... also im pretty good mates with a local ford wreckers they have ef el au and some ba's i was leaning towards and engine conversion to a au motor possibly xr6 vct is there any difference from the normal au motor in regards to fitting it also dads a mechanic by trade but is no longer in the business so all the work is going to be done by me and him ...
which would be the best engine to fit overall ?

any other ideas to upgrade my car will be helpful too

thanx

eb gli 2 re sprayed in biscayne blue with sprint front lip ed xr front au series 3 side skirts sprint lip smoothed out boot garnish darkened tail lights el mirrors door handles au repeaters 17 wheels dumpd
my build thread = http://www.fordmods.com/forums/e-series ... 66209.html

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Take a look at the conversion done by 'TROYMAN".
Plenty of info there....
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/troyman- ... 65404.html

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

yeah mate put the AU engine in i no you have to cut the Kfram out a bit to fit the au sump in
if i was you i would turbo the au engine and plop a manual in

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Ef Ghiaaaaaargh!

WA, Australia

Cutting the K-frame = unroadworthy, everyone prefers to mod the AU sump to make it fit.

Mercedes 500SEC: -- GONE -- http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/my-83-mercedes-500sec-buildup-t69837.html
Ef Ghia: -- GONE -- Pacie 4480's, 2.5" Redback, custom grille, FTR's.
AU xr8: BA xr wheels, 2.5" custom exh, leather and woodgrain next.
Chevy Camaro: LHD, Black, all original.

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

You can also look at BenJ's thread to view the EL alternative which requires no chassis mods.
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/benj-s-e ... 86-40.html
Either is a great way to go, Ben and I chose low price, low km ELs as they were complete with alternator, aircon, power steering pump, water pump etc and with ECU, throttle cables, pedal, switches etc thrown in.
If complete, the EL is basically a straight swap requiring a lot less work and usually a lot less time for about the same performance.
The AU is also a great way to go if you have the time available and can source EF/EL accessories to add where necessary.
Cheers,
Paul

What goes around, comes around.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

i got eb2 fairmont. drove it around for acouple of years then fitted full reco ef tickford head which did basically nothing!!? Then fitted pacemaker 4480 with redback 2.5"system.This did make a noticeable improvement in power.Then put in WADE 1636 cam.Now it goes real hard from 2500rpm upwards. I dont think the $1000 I spent on the head was worth it, but it might be working with the exhaust and cam together,who knows but it goes great now.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sam,
The real or full, benefits of an EF-EL Tickford head can only be had when fitted together with the BBM, knock sensor, Tickford EL ECU [either XR6 or Ghia] and fuel pressure regulator. They were designed to be used as a unit.
The exhaust and Wade cam alone would have improved your stock EB2 and I think your right in saying those improvements are making some use of the larger Tickford valves. Not as much as they could, though, if your still using an EB ECU.
If you fit a BBM and Tickford ECU etc, you should get even more improvement, though I'm not sure how well the Tickford fuel and timing maps suit the Wade cam, having never owned one.
Cheers,
Paul

What goes around, comes around.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]